Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I wish I'd been able to catch that, but well done folks for keeping us all up to date. I wonder if it'll be possible to catch it again? Sounds as if they're starting to accept the inevitable at last? Liquidation on Monday, mark my words. 8)

Grant Russell ‏ @STVGrant

Good shot of @mikefstv to end the news conference. We'll have the whole thing replayed in full online shortly.

My nephew was struggling with his maths homework, but after giving him a couple of real life examples I'm certain he'll be top of the class.

8 x 6 = A Quantum

7 x 5 = A Quantum

9 x 4 = A Quantum

God, I hate Rangers more and more each day

Glad it wasn't just me who though Kennedy came across well, apart from his over use of 'Quantum' he spoke well and answered all the questions that were thrown at him. Don't see this 'He came across as a total Kn*b' business at all. Interesting times ahead...

Don't think he's a knob, I just think he's deluded if he ever thought a bid currently worth a net total of £6.5m was going to do the business. Minus D+P fees, you're looking at potentially only £4m for up to £130m of debt!!!

Very, very, VERY disappointed in Danny Lennon.

When it comes to Rangers survival, if you can't say something against them, don't say anything at all!!!

I'm glad that either the press have left County well alone on this matter, or we've declined to comment. I hope it stays this way. If Roy wasn't so busy at the moment, I would fear that the press would be badgering him for a comment though, especially after this vote getting moved back to when we have a say instead of Dunfermline.

Not what they said. It was too late for their CVA to work, they had to start on it today or the legalities of it would be in jeopardy or something like that. Their plan was about coming out of admin asap and it seemed playing in Europe next season (I'm reading between the lines here, "Our bid has £2M european revenue but no euro revenue in years 2 and 3")

All very strange.

Even if another CVA bidder came in, does it not take a minimum of 6 weeks for the process to complete? Even then, there is little or no time left for any other CVA bidder to start legalities, let alone the TBK's.That was my reading of it anyway.

If I ever shook hands with Kennedy I'd count my fingers after.

"The amount of the bid doesn't matter, it's what's good for the club going forward that matters."

Not to the creditors it doesn't.

And his cagey explanation of their £11 million bid.

Is it still only £1.5 million they're offering up front?

We've got the best lawyer in the world, the best financial manager in the world. Aye right..

Two things;

1. Do this lot know that a quanta is the smallest possible amount of something?

2. I take it the blue knights entire game plan is to position themselves as favorites to run AFC Govan 2012 rather than a serious attempt to buy the club as is?

Edited by Uncle Psychosis

Even if another CVA bidder came in, does it not take a minimum of 6 weeks for the process to complete? Even then, there is little or no time left for any other CVA bidder to start legalities, let alone the TBK's.That was my reading of it anyway.

He has to come in by Monday (3 months after the Administration started) as Rangers no longer have protection from their creditors.

I wish I'd been able to catch that, but well done folks for keeping us all up to date. I wonder if it'll be possible to catch it again? Sounds as if they're starting to accept the inevitable at last? Liquidation on Monday, mark my words. 8)

Through out the whole farce, I've watched you and others say this, but the cynic inside always said "Nah, they'll get out of it somehow"

But today that cynic has been quietened and although he still speaks, it no longer had the negative effect he once had when I think about the end of Rangers. I still don't think it will be Monday that the end will come, but it's looking more and more likely that by the end of the month, Rangers will be referred in 'past' tense.

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

I have to go home now. Disappointed to have to leave work as I won't be able to refresh this thread every 30 seconds.

Don't let them die when I'm not here.

Surely the Scottish Govt should step in and shut them down to stop the drain following this saga is having on the Scottish economy.

Given the stances of managers in regards to Rangers and the thought of having them in the SPL, am I right in saying it is just Yorkston (and by association, Dunfermline) and the fans of every other non-Rangers Scottish Club against Rangers? All other Clubs are for saving them in the SPL, integrity be damned? huh.gif

So, according to Brian Kennedy, the BTC is an irrelevance - yet in the next breath he says that there are "many uncertainties" with HMRC. What the actual f**k is he on about?

Through out the whole farce, I've watched you and others say this, but the cynic inside always said "Nah, they'll get out of it somehow"

But today that cynic has been quietened and although he still speaks, it no longer had the negative effect he once had when I think about the end of Rangers. I still don't think it will be Monday that the end will come, but it's looking more and more likely that by the end of the month, Rangers will be referred in 'past' tense.

They'll be back in some shape or form, but whether their leadership will be up to scratch is a different question. Either way, it won't be the same dominance from two teams, just the one. It'll all come down the the 11 other SPL clubs and them changing the system for the better now so that the OF can't screw them over time and time again on account of voting structure. We're not there yet, but we're getting there...

He has to come in by Monday (3 months after the Administration started) as Rangers no longer have protection from their creditors.

What does this mean exactly? In my hopeful mind it suggests the cartoon tax man walking into the Big Hoose and ripping the copper wire out of the walls.

Err no: HMRC will vote down a pitiful CVA in order to send a message to all the other cheats. As they did with Dundee's 6p in the pound offer just last season.

There's deliberately massaging the situation for PR circumstances and then there's bullshit claims like the above.

Not what happened in the Dundee case. HMRC were effectively forced out of the process by the inclusion of many liabilities that were dubious at best. Dundee added 100 years of rent at Dens with inflation to the debt pile to get HMRC's part of it below 25%. It was a sham CVA and HMRC were correct to vote against it. Had a good offer been made that gave them more than liquidation Dundee would have brought they might have voted for it. But Cammy Melville is an even greater snake than Craig Whyte.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost