Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So what is the story about the mystery 250K to Banstead?

In february it was claimed that rankers were looking to set up an academy down south, and that rankers had put £250K in account in the name of "Regenesis-Banstead Athletic FC".

The shirt sponsor for the club is Aidan Earley, a friend o Craig Whyte, and former bankrupt who was sent to prison for four months in 1992. Aidan Earley and his brother Wulstan and a third sibling, the late Brendan, have all been involved in multiple business ventures with Whyte, a number of them ending up failures and in winding up orders.

Banstead FC have never received that money.

Edited by PeeTeeJag

I was hoping you'd have a more detailed explanation, fool me for hoping you could do that

Because you've not worked out how to use google yourself yet? :1eye

The real issue is that all payments to players need to be declared to the SFA. Celtic didn't declare this payment. As it was obviously an up front agreed payment then that makes Juninho ineligible in every game he played for Celtic.

Cheats!

Because you've not worked out how to use google yourself yet? :1eye

The real issue is that all payments to players need to be declared to the SFA. Celtic didn't declare this payment. As it was obviously an up front agreed payment then that makes Juninho ineligible in every game he played for Celtic.

Cheats!

If what Celtic did makes Juninho ineligible in every game he played for them - I wish to fcuk we'd did it with Mo Camara.

The Fixture list is due out in less than a months time. it will be at least two months before a CVA could be agreed and set up( thats if one is agreed) so even if Doncaster gets his way and the SPL ignores years of cheating there still going to have to face allowing a club in admin to compete Next season? do they start with another ten point deduction?

In february it was claimed that rankers were looking to set up an academy down south, and that rankers had put £250K in account in the name of "Regenesis-Banstead Athletic FC".

The shirt sponsor for the club is Earley, a friend o Craig Whyte, and former bankrupt who was sent to prison for four months in 1992. Aidan Earley and his brother Wulstan and a third sibling, the late Brendan, have all been involved in multiple business ventures with Whyte, a number of them ending up failures and in winding up orders.

Banstead FC have never received that money.

Any reaction on RM to Aidan and Brendan trousering quarter of a million from Ra Berz?

Now that's just plain wrong...

... I mean Cockwomble is all one word is it not?

My edit did have cockwomble as one word, you must have seen Broccoli Dog's

Note to self: When fucking about with Wikipedia, take a screenshot.

The Fixture list is due out in less than a months time. it will be at least two months before a CVA could be agreed and set up( thats if one is agreed) so even if Doncaster gets his way and the SPL ignores years of cheating there still going to have to face allowing a club in admin to compete Next season? do they start with another ten point deduction?

Bit difficult to field a team when theres no money to pay the rates, leccy and gas bills as well as wages.

If enough sh1t hasn't already hit the fan, the BBC sticks the boot in. I think the next-to-final nail is the probable dropping of the Collyer-Bristow case, so £25mill of the warchest's gone. Just when the RFC fans see light at the end of the tunnel, it turns out to be a headlight with a stonking great locomotive behind it, woooooo, wooooooo. :lol: .

Edited by Happy Buddie

Don't know if this has been commented on, but here's another damning nugget on Duffman:

Paul Clark, joint administrator, said: "For the BBC to suggest that I deliberately misled or lied to Mark Daly is both grossly insulting and unacceptable to me as an officer of the court. During my conversation with Mr Daly on Feb 22, which was off the record, I said I thought that MCR became aware of the full scale of Ticketus funding in July or August. I gave an honest answer to the best of my recollection as I had not been closely involved in the Rangers takeover work at the time.

So not only was David Grier, a colleague at Duff and Phelps, heavily involved with Whyte's takeover, but the administrator himself, Paul Clark, was involved.

To what extent hasn't been made clear. No wonder Whyte was desperate to get them appointed. Duffman's days are numbered.

Not an expert but is there anything to stop this potential scenario?

Rangers are eventually liquidated

Rangers run out of time to set up a NewCo before the new season starts

Green or the Blue Knights or whoever take their pot of money and instead of buying Rangers buy some club in the SFL and Ibrox/Murray Park in a fire sale

Change the name of SFL club to some Rangers derivative and relocate to Ibrox

Derivative Rangers signs now unemployed players from liquidated Rangers

SPL short of a team invite this Rangers derivative in

No debt, no European ban, no financial penalties, no point deduction, no signing restrictions and the whole merry farce starts up again.

The only hurdles to this I see are:

finding a willing club to sell - although if a few million quid is dangling would every chairman/board hold out?

being able to buy Ibrox - but I doubt people will be queueing up to buy a defunct football ground in a fairly poor part of glasgow

getting players to transfer to new club - but no doubt they'd offer improved terms and sweeteners to do so

Am I missing something or could this happen?

No, it could happen and has been talked about since the start of this whole sorry tale. Likely candidate clubs include:

- Cowdenbeath - chairman one D Findlay QC, leaving their ground next year with no known destination, now in SFL1 so would get "them" back into the SPL quickly

- Clyde - in pretty dire financial straits with very small fan base so few people to complain, not really operating in their traditional location now anyway. Regular noises about them being kicked out of Broadwood?

- East Stirlingshire - regularly the ginger stepchild of the league, groundsharing with Stenhousemuir, low crowds, have an owner who would willingly sell.

The prize for most ludicrous piece of tripe of the day has to go (again) to the Daily Record.

Instead of focusing all their efforts solely on the the issues and fallout surrounding the BBC prog., they chose to publish an article:

"Rangers are going through hell but top stars still want to sign for us, says chief scout John Brown"

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23871165/

INCREDIBLE journalism on so many levels. I think the only worthy comment is: :guns

Tho I did giggle at this line from the article: "Brown is gearing up for a summer of watching DVDs". what would those be? The Harry Potter ones? The Lion King?

The Ibrox Video Library are more likely to have the following titles (all in the section "educational material for potential owners")

Boiler Room

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Eight Men Out

The Emperor's New Clothes

Fargo

The Flim-Flam Man

The Freshman

The Grifters

Matchstick Men

The Scam (Afera)

Shattered Glass (could be out on loan to wee Chick)

The Sting

If another club was bought over and re-branded they wouldnt be allowed directly into the spl as they would already be in the league system. Unless they resigned and re-applied to go straight in spl. Which would surely be vetoed.

If another club was bought over and re-branded they wouldnt be allowed directly into the spl as they would already be in the league system. Unless they resigned and re-applied to go straight in spl. Which would surely be vetoed.

unless it was Dundee as they have already applied

No, it could happen and has been talked about since the start of this whole sorry tale. Likely candidate clubs;

- Clyde - in pretty dire financial straits with very small fan base so few people to complain, not really operating in their traditional location now anyway. Regular noises about them being kicked out of Broadwood

:lol:

Aye, ok then Dr Gonzo