Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It certainly looks like Mr Johnston has not forgotten that day by his press statements re Rangers. :unsure:

I would be surprised if he knew who Mark Hateley was tbh.

Johnston wasn't involved with Killie until a decade later.

1338145318[/url]' post='6278441']

If you lot banked with BOS and had committed to the contracts for the white elephant to be built maybe Murray was asked to repay a favour.

It certainly looks like Mr Johnston has not forgotten that day by his press statements re Rangers. :unsure:

Or maybe we just won a football match?

We know rangers have cheated, so I can kind of understand posters speculating about wherever their scummy tentacles might have reached, but until we start to hear about whatever this 'nuclear' revelation is we are simply adding 2 +2 and getting 1690. Speaking personally i really don't know how I would be able to take any thought that we only stayed up that year because rangers somehow fixed it for us...

Mr Johnston unfortunately is a tit. I do not for one second believe that this is for any other reason than that he is a walking mammary and not because he is somehow linked to the great rangers conspiracy.mad.gif

And what about the leagues below the SFL? Even the best teams in those leagues don't get the chance to get promoted. That suits teams like Montrose and East Stirling, no doubt about that, giving them absolutely no chance of slipping down the trap door again.

Sorry , but again I don`t get ya . Any aspiring SFL clubs having nothing to do with any situation at the bottom of the Third Division . Reconstruction is the responsibility of the league authorities . I am talking about your cartel of SPL chairmen outside of the Old Firm , cosying together to stamp on any would be imposter who fancies gatecrashing their little party in the Premier League. Yes , self interest inside the old firm and within the other eight as well so how different are you really ? . Think of the teams who have finished second bottom in recent years and who now might be in the First Division now if in any other country. This is the time to sort out the whole lot - **** , reconstruction , pyramid level et all and try to revive a dying game in this country but I won`t hold my breath . Carry on with your **** bashing now .

Edited by Mr X

I'm not worried about the SPL having a 2 down policy at all. I've said before that I think there should be a play-off.

I'm blaming the SFL fans for throwing stones when they live in a glass house. If they want to criticise the SPL's relegation places, they should also do what you have done and acknowledge the issue in their own league.

I accept your point but there is a difference in that there is already a recognised league setup (the SFL itself) for relegated SPL clubs to drop into. The major obstacle in the path of a pyramid system is the lack of such a recognised non league setup for relegated clubs. If the Juniors/Highland League/EOS and SOS were to come together and form a national non league setup - and it could be done without much significant change to the regional setups which already exist - then I have no doubt that a pyramid would very quickly follow.

This is another reason to send Newco Rangers to the Juniors. I'm sure that the presence of a zombie Rangers side playing non league football and waiting to get back to senior football would focus the minds of the authorities who have until now shown very little initiative in getting a pyramid system in place. We would have a pyramid in no time at all. It would also be the morally correct decision as the objections to Rangers starting again in the SPL apply equally to them starting in SFL 3. Going to the juniors, where they would not be jumping the queue, would be different. And yes, I know fine that it's not going to work out like that.

Sorry , but again I don`t get ya . Any aspiring SFL clubs having nothing to do with any situation at the bottom of the Third Division . Reconstruction is the responsibility of the league authorities . I am talking about your cartel of SPL chairmen outside of the Old Firm , cosying together to stamp on any would be imposter who fancies gatecrashing their little party in the Premier League. Yes , self interest inside the old firm and within the other eight as well so how different are you really ? . Think of the teams who have finished second bottom in recent years and who now might be in the First Division now if in any other country. This is the time to sort out the whole lot - h uns , reconstruction , pyramid level et all and try to revive a dying game in this country but I won`t hold my breath . Carry on with your h uns bashing now .

I think you need to look at a wee red book or the promotion/relegation stats when it was 2 up and down, there were a list of same old suspects and if a Hibs or Hearts had a disaster of a season they were guaranteed up the next.

2 up/down on its own isn't the answer, you'll merely see yoyo clubs like Falkirk and Dunfermline add to their record relegations.

I'm getting confused now with all these side issues being raised and club arguments raising their heads.

Suppose we have to be patient, so here's another side issue: how many clubs were forced to go down the all seater route due to Premier League, then spl regulations, when there was really no need? Money borrowed from the banks and paid to stadia construction experts and companies: who were the driving forces behind all this?

I'm getting confused now with all these side issues being raised and club arguments raising their heads.

Suppose we have to be patient, so here's another side issue: how many clubs were forced to go down the all seater route due to Premier League, then spl regulations, when there was really no need? Money borrowed from the banks and paid to stadia construction experts and companies: who were the driving forces behind all this?

if you look at it the taylor report and recommendations did not have Scotland covered by them at all

Current SPL 12 plus Ross County

Former SPL clubs - Hamilton, Falkirk, Dundee, Partick Thistle and Livingston

Airdrie Utd, Queens Park and Raith Rovers also meet the SPL regs. Dunno if any others do.

BETs, brown envelopes tax-free :P

Given one of the biggest senior clubs had their (EBT) brown envelopes, I would be cautious about accusing junior clubs of anything underhand.

I could name half a dozen senior clubs who do the cash in hand (double contracts). One run by drugs money, one by a convicted fraudster, couple by guys who have had their own companies in administration(s).....not to mention the shadow directors, who legally can't be there but still run the club.

Junior clubs answer to their supporters who for usually a pound a year own their own club. And at AGMs they turn up and ask what they want and vote in who they want to run the club.

It is called democracy. Senior clubs in Scotland do not do democracy.

Edited by thelegendthatis

I accept your point but there is a difference in that there is already a recognised league setup (the SFL itself) for relegated SPL clubs to drop into. The major obstacle in the path of a pyramid system is the lack of such a recognised non league setup for relegated clubs. If the Juniors/Highland League/EOS and SOS were to come together and form a national non league setup - and it could be done without much significant change to the regional setups which already exist - then I have no doubt that a pyramid would very quickly follow.

This is another reason to send Newco Rangers to the Juniors. I'm sure that the presence of a zombie Rangers side playing non league football and waiting to get back to senior football would focus the minds of the authorities who have until now shown very little initiative in getting a pyramid system in place. We would have a pyramid in no time at all. It would also be the morally correct decision as the objections to Rangers starting again in the SPL apply equally to them starting in SFL 3. Going to the juniors, where they would not be jumping the queue, would be different. And yes, I know fine that it's not going to work out like that.

The juniors would NOT want them. .I am sure there is some Glasgow league suitable. Stick them somewhere in your SFA pyramid, which of course the juniors do not participate in, nor intend to

Why not? Because the senior game is riddled with corruption.

Given one of the biggest senior clubs had their (EBT) brown envelopes, I would be cautious about accusing junior clubs of anything underhand.

I could name half a dozen senior clubs who do the cash in hand (double contracts). One run by drugs money, one by a convicted fraudster, couple by guys who have had their own companies in administration(s).....not to mention the shadow directors, who legally can't be there but still run the club.

Junior clubs answer to their supporters who for usually a pound a year own their own club. And at AGMs they turn up and ask what they want and vote in who they want to run the club.

It is called democracy. Senior clubs in Scotland do not do democracy.

Names please?