Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Definitely interesting times ahead and both the SFA and Rangers seem to have painted themselves into a corner here especially because I would like to think that suspension from the Scottish Cup would be seen as too lenient a sanction.

But with possible sanctions for the BTT, possible sanctions for dual contracts and possible sanctions for taking the SFA to court, not to mention what may or may not happen if the CVA isn't accepted and possible no to newco SPL vote - especially as the chairmen are reportedly getting pissed off at Rangers' behaviour - there's more TBCs in this saga than a D&P CVA proposal.

And that is why the grand diddy alliance needs to keep its cool.

The 'Bears' are not out of the woods yet, yesterday gave them a wee boost, but with all the uncertainty around the CVA, the SPL yet to meet (despite the cockwomble) and the SFA to decide what to do; I reckon there's plenty of popcorn moments for the diddies to enjoy.

High Noon today.

Rangers v SFA

with everybody looking on; peeking out from their twitching curtains or watching from behind the safety of the saloon doors.

Who will draw first?

Forgive me if mentioned before and or completely wrong.

I could not find in any of the "terms" of the CVA any condition that Duff and Phelps could not sell any players.

Can they do this in this interim period ?

Surely the firesale should commence on June 1st or whenever and punt the lot asap get the dosh in then Greens cash.

Job Done.

Rangers were taking a huge risk by going to court against the SFA. Fair play to them, for now they appear to have won but there´s no knowing what sanction the SFA will impose instead and should the CVA fail they´ll need the goodwill of other clubs to keep going.

Regarding the CVA, this is just getting weird...Rangers sell what, 40,000 season books at an average of 400 quid each season? That´s 16m annually for a start before any other revenue stream is considered, telly money, prize money etc. Even with the wage budget being cut they would still have guaranteed European football (after whatever sanctions obviously) and basically a 50-50 chance of winning the league each season. That not one rich dude or group of investors considers putting together even a semi-respectable CVA for this potential return screams out that there is something which makes taking on Rangers way more risky than the seemingly obvious numbers suggest. Someone pointed that Celtic, minus current liabilities, were worth around 56m - debt free Rangers would be roughly the same so why is no one even considering stumping up 26m to get this global brand name with a massive and loyal customer base for half price?

I don´t think anyone can be entirely sure of how this will play out but I think Rangers are still a long way from smelling like roses.

High Noon today.

Rangers v SFA

with everybody looking on; peeking out from their twitching curtains or watching from behind the safety of the saloon doors.

Who will draw first?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLXU-Sa_o_I

New RTC -

http://rangerstaxcase.wordpress.com/2012/05/

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Read them as you will...mock them...

I fully expect (you all) to.

All I've said is the truth.

I'm not surprised you all react so to what I've said for many the truth is not what you want to hear.

Sometimes you can only mock it.

I won't apologise for that.

To reaffirm:

Rangers aren't in trouble with FIFA....the SFA are.

Rangers will not get a suspension or explusion lol.

A CVA will be agreed.

No SPL sanctions will even be required to be voted on, far less implemented.

Rangers fans will boycott some clubs.

1 maybe 2 SPL clubs (not Rangers) will go into admin next year.

This will all happen. I'm not mystic Meg. Just reasonably intelligent and informed.

As such....all your moaning for sanctions and punishment will have achieved is killing the next club.

Which could be yours.

Food for thought eh?

Good Night People.

Needs to learn how to use paragraphs IMO.

They are playing a very good game here, testing the SFA now to the brink. The SFA must stand strong and suspend them its the only way forward.

As for the HMRC accepting the CVA, doubt it mate doubt it! this CVA is a shambles and even if accepted they instantly emerge from it with a debt of £8.5M and could still be hit with the BTC bill.

This is getting interesting now :)

High Noon today.

Rangers v SFA

Who will draw first?

You mean Rangers with their "Replica" v the SFA with their Desert Eagle .50?

If the SFA have any balls at all, there's no contest.

And why don't you f*** off and enjoy your popcorn in a thread for the 1st Division and leave the SPL discussions to the big boys. You couldnae even win a league with Ross County in it .. FFS

Now get back to your schoolwork.

You're a fucking dick and hanging on to the coattails of the league winners will never change that.

And why don't you f*** off and enjoy your popcorn in a thread for the 1st Division and leave the SPL discussions to the big boys. You couldnae even win a league with Ross County in it .. FFS

Nice work there. Two cheeks. One arse

Didn't Ross County beat your team in the Scottish Cup DhenBoy?

Eta : Spelling correction.

Edited by SweeperDee

SPL meeting today.

Does anyone think they'll make no decision regards future sanctions for fear their club could be next?

eg, Hearts, DU, Aberdeen, KFC

No.

The reason they won't make a decision has nothing to do with that, and everything to do with greed.

SPL meeting today.

Does anyone think they'll make no decision regards future sanctions for fear their club could be next?

Too much money to be thinking about rather than the wellbeing of other member clubs.

Woops craigkillie beat me too it.

SPL meeting today.

They'll bottle it again.

Although I would just love it if Rod Petrie would take a stand on his "Sporting integrity" statement and try to force a vote.

Scottish football 'faces international ban' over Rangers SFA court challenge

Scottish football could face an international ban after Rangers challenged the SFA's transfer sanctions in the courts, it has been warned.

A judge overturned Rangers' one year transfer ban and a £100,000 fine for bringing the game into disrepute.

The SFA is considering its response, which could mean alternative sanctions.

But sports lawyer Dr Gregory Ioannidis said if further punishment is not imposed for the court challenge, Fifa could ban all Scottish clubs.

The articles of world governing body Fifa and Uefa state that association decisions cannot be challenged in an ordinary court.

Prior to the Court of Session decision on Tuesday, Fifa said it wanted Rangers' request withdrawn from the ordinary courts.

Lord Glennie said the transfer ban should be reconsidered by the SFA appeal panel on the grounds it was not one of the sanctions listed in the association's own regulations.

'Damaging' situationRangers administrators Duff and Phelps said the club's position had been vindicated and that they would study the judgement and consider their course of action.

Continue reading the main story

“Start Quote

Fifa can penalise both the Scottish association and the individual clubs and the national team of Scotland ”

Dr Gregory IoannidisSport lawyerThe disrepute charge was handed down mainly over the club's failure to pay more than £13m in taxes last season.

The SFA said it was surprised by the Court of Session verdict and would consult its legal advisers. Options it can consider over the disrepute charge include a further fine, suspension from the Scottish Cup and expulsion from the game.

Dr Ioannidis, one of Europe's top experts on sports law, told the BBC's Newsnight Scotland the court challenge could also have wider implications for the game.

He said: "It's going to be damaging for Scottish football.

"If the Scottish Football Association decide not to take action against Rangers in relation to Rangers submitting the application to the Court of Session then Fifa can penalise both the Scottish association and the individual clubs and the national team of Scotland and impose an international ban on all of them."

Dr Ioannidis said Fifa had threatened such bans in the recent past, including in the case of FC Sion, who were thrown out of the Europa League for fielding ineligible players.

The SFA has three weeks to decide on its course of action. A Fifa spokesman said: "Fifa will closely monitor the situation so that the issue is resolved as fast as possible."