Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

We should make sure the Celtic, Motherwell, Dundee United, St Johnstone and Hearts Chairmen all see this article before the vote today..

And that could see Celtic and Motherwell miss out on the Champions League while Dundee United, Motherwell and Hearts would be banished form the Europa League.

Nah, we're ok apparently. It's Motherwell that are going to get hit hardest by the looks of things.

From RTC :-

Barcabhoy says:

30/05/2012 at 11:37 aM

If any club should be screaming about the SPL enquiry it is Dunfermline. Rangers played illegally registered players in the season just finished. Rangers rather than Dunfermline should have been relegated.

However Doncaster has deliberately ensured that the SPL enquiry did not report during he season, despite there being absolute Prima Facie evidence that a case existed. RTC detailed that in a recent article.

Doncaster has acted in favour of one member club to the direct detriment of another . Rules applied without fear or favour my bahookie

Barcabhoy says:

30/05/2012 at 11:14 am

8 0 Rate This

Spartans were thrown out of the Scottish Cup because they only put one date on a players contract, rather than the required 2 signatures. They were also fined £4,000 , which is approximately 5% of their total annual income.

Thrown out, as in banned from playing in the competition for an entire season.

Compare that with the possibility of the SFA applying the same sanction to Rangers, and fining them 0.2% of their annual income.

For a list of proven offences which are growing by the day, and already are unmatched in the history of Scottish Football.

Rangers and their apologists are looking for a less severe punishment than that meted out to a club who missed out one date on a contract !!

We all know what they are guilty of , they have already been found guilty. We know there is more and worse to come, much worse. The SPL enquiry has to find them guilty of illegal registration. The evidence in the public domain isn’t anecdotal, it’s Prima Facie level proof of guilt. Billy Dodds helpful intervention merely confirmed the direct involvement of the owner and chairman .

The fact that Rangers paid Souness at a time he was not employed by Rangers, not once but multiple times, and at a time he was employed by a competitor European club, is beyond anything Redknapp and Allardyce were even accused of.

And Souness isn’t the only one with something to fear. There were others who were not named in the BBC documentary who received payments.

However that’s for later. The fundamental point here is that Rangers are demanding a punishment less severe than Spartans. That cannot even be a consideration for the SFA.

A year long suspension from football is the very least the SFA can now hand down to them

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

I think we are now in to the territory where a newco is inevitable. The SFA will expel Rangers FC (either totally or from the Cup). Green will then say he cannot proceed with the CVA on that basis. A newco will be formed (Rangers 2012 FC) and will be accepted in to the SFA and SPL.

Sad but true

This has been my greatest fear since day 1.

The whole morally bankrupt game can GTF as far as I'm concerned if this scenario plays out. mad.gif

I think we are now in to the territory where a newco is inevitable. The SFA will expel Rangers FC (either totally or from the Cup). Green will then say he cannot proceed with the CVA on that basis. A newco will be formed (Rangers 2012 FC) and will be accepted in to the SFA and SPL.

Sad but true

I've not commented a lot on this thread, but in my mind this was always the outcome (well not the expulsion but the NewCo), with the SPL (and/or SFA) more than happy to legislate for future breaches of financial prudence; shutting the barn door after the horses have bolted, as it were.

Stinging intellectual comeback ... bet you were in the a hoot in playground. (**** waiting patiently for the obvious ****)

Clearly anything more than three or four words is a strain for you, poor dear. Off you pop back to the Scotland's Shame forum where they're more your intellectual level, there's a wee lamb.

2 things...

1) That article is nothing but typical drama queen journalism from the Retard. Switzerland were not thrown out of the WC (or EC) and no Swiss clubs were stopped from playing in Europe other than Sion.

Only because Sion were properly punished by the Swiss Authorities..

From BBC :-

1050:

FOOTBALL

Governing body Uefa suspends Turkish club Besiktas from all European competitions for one year following the Istanbul side's financial problems, Turkish media are reporting.

Certainly not a sanction available to UEFA in the Rangers case considering they are already unable to participate in this seasons European competition.

From BBC :-

1050:

FOOTBALL

Governing body Uefa suspends Turkish club Besiktas from all European competitions for one year following the Istanbul side's financial problems, Turkish media are reporting.

"We will defend the club's rights until the end, and will appeal to CAS as the first step"

Levent Erdogan, a lawyer and club board member told Turkey's Dogan news agency.

Rangers have sown the wind...

Sad but true

If Rangers are expelled from the SFA, then their existing membership will be useless. The newco would have to apply for SPL membership, and could in no way be considered a continuation of the current Rangers. The SPL could not accept this club even if they wanted to.

Only because Sion were properly punished by the Swiss Authorities..

"properly punished" is wonderfully vague. IIRC they were docked points for each of the games the ineligible players played in. With Rangers it is very difficult to define what "proper punishment" consists of.

Rangers fans seem to be reacting in the usual way after being pointed out that their victory might not have been in their interests after all..

46m Gregory Ioannidis ‏@LawTop20

Been informed that a RFC fan who follows me here is calling my office with threats against me. It is just sad

From RTC :-

Barcabhoy says:

30/05/2012 at 11:37 aM

If any club should be screaming about the SPL enquiry it is Dunfermline. Rangers played illegally registered players in the season just finished. Rangers rather than Dunfermline should have been relegated.

However Doncaster has deliberately ensured that the SPL enquiry did not report during he season, despite there being absolute Prima Facie evidence that a case existed. RTC detailed that in a recent article.

Doncaster has acted in favour of one member club to the direct detriment of another . Rules applied without fear or favour my bahookie

Barcabhoy says:

30/05/2012 at 11:14 am

8 0 Rate This

Spartans were thrown out of the Scottish Cup because they only put one date on a players contract, rather than the required 2 signatures. They were also fined £4,000 , which is approximately 5% of their total annual income.

Thrown out, as in banned from playing in the competition for an entire season.

Compare that with the possibility of the SFA applying the same sanction to Rangers, and fining them 0.2% of their annual income.

For a list of proven offences which are growing by the day, and already are unmatched in the history of Scottish Football.

Rangers and their apologists are looking for a less severe punishment than that meted out to a club who missed out one date on a contract !!

We all know what they are guilty of , they have already been found guilty. We know there is more and worse to come, much worse. The SPL enquiry has to find them guilty of illegal registration. The evidence in the public domain isn’t anecdotal, it’s Prima Facie level proof of guilt. Billy Dodds helpful intervention merely confirmed the direct involvement of the owner and chairman .

The fact that Rangers paid Souness at a time he was not employed by Rangers, not once but multiple times, and at a time he was employed by a competitor European club, is beyond anything Redknapp and Allardyce were even accused of.

And Souness isn’t the only one with something to fear. There were others who were not named in the BBC documentary who received payments.

However that’s for later. The fundamental point here is that Rangers are demanding a punishment less severe than Spartans. That cannot even be a consideration for the SFA.

A year long suspension from football is the very least the SFA can now hand down to them

Would the players with EBTs still be illegally registered this season? I assumed that Rangers no longer used EBTs - so if those players have signed new contracts since then they would now be legally registered.

Sad but true

Your conspiracy falls at the last and by far the largest hurdle: do you seriously expect FIFA to buy a Newco designed specifically to circumnavigate rightful punishments applied to the old club? I don't. The SFA will come under the same pressure to reject the Newco's registration as it is under now to punish them for taking the SFA to court. The Scottish authorities cannot act in isolation now.

As a result, all of Rangers blazer cards and veiled threats aren't effective. By drawing FIFA into the mess they have screwed themselves over. All that is needed is a firm line taken by FIFA against a club that really is a pathetic runt in the global sport and it is checkmate.

Will the Newco be able to be drafted straight in? Would they not need to have 3 years accounts available?

If the newco involved a transfer of the existing Rangers' SFA licence (which is what is planned), then no.