Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Would this really have any effect? I can't really see Hector being too concerned about whether "ra peepul" might be suspended or expelled and that having any influence over the decision to pulverise them or not.

Put it this way if Hector is considering accepting the CVA and there is a cloud over whether or not Rangers will be allowed to play and earn money next season they could well think that liquidating might be their best option to see a return on their money. Do you think the Green brigade will go ahead with their purchase of Rangers if they are suspended?

I am taking some encouragement from Steven Thomson's comments today on a newco. I am also heartened by his admission that he has received hundreds of e-mails and letters opposing a newco admission to the SPL and that people are holding back on season ticket renewal.

Any feedback from supporters of other clubs to their chairmens' position and fans' pressure. It appears from other threads that season ticket sales at some clubs are up on last year. Is this actually the case and will it undermine any joint opposition.

The one club where supports groups seem to be more organised is Aberdeen; any Dons fans with an update?

Pish This Shifted Get!

ETA: this was in reponse to a spurious new thread that was started then subsequently merged, so no longer relevant on here (so similar to No8 in that respect :) ).

Edited by Drooper

I am taking some encouragement from Steven Thomson's comments today on a newco. I am also heartened by his admission that he has received hundreds of e-mails and letters opposing a newco admission to the SPL and that people are holding back on season ticket renewal.

Any feedback from supporters of other clubs to their chairmens' position and fans' pressure. It appears from other threads that season ticket sales at some clubs are up on last year. Is this actually the case and will it undermine any joint opposition.

The one club where supports groups seem to be more organised is Aberdeen; any Dons fans with an update?

Good also that the wanks at the Arabs Trust has been slapped down.

Good also that the wanks at the Arabs Trust has been slapped down.

In fairness the full Arab Trust statement was not as bad as had been reported. In particular the local Evening Telegraph report was so distorted it could have been written by Chic Young.

I keep reading on P&B ( i have read every post in this thread) that a CVA will not/cannot get pushed through and there seems to be various plausible theories for this.

However, this is the ONLY place i find this point of view. Every paper or other media, every person i see interviewed, tells me the opposite.

I know what i would like to happen but i'm starting to think it will be a CVA, not enough evidence of double contracts, practically debt free Rainjurs in the SPL.

Sadly, nothing to see here, move along.

This, have never got my hopes up as i've always thought they come out of it smelling of roses.

The only way i would change my mind was if a CVA was rejected, but i can't see that.

Might have been mentioned, but apparently Green stated supporters should lobby HMRC in favour of accepting the CVA. If he expects pro cva lobbyists to influence them. Maybe some anti cva lobbying could be in order.

But Ranjurs "lobbying" tends to consist of publishing the private contact information of innocent individuals then herranging them by phone and electronic media! Best we not stoop to the Orcs' levels.

Alasdair Lamont@BBCAlLamont Charles Green's prospectus for investors mentions stadium branding as one 'potential enhancement to commercial contracts'.

Hope it's something juicy like "Pope Against Condoms Park" or NAMBLA Park.

Alasdair Lamont@BBCAlLamont

Also, in what he says is the 'very unlikely event a CVA is not agreed' one advantage to Newco scenario is "Salaries could be reduced by ...

Alasdair Lamont@BBCAlLamont

...c.£7m as there would be less requirement to retain star players."

So no warchest available for Aunt Sally. Money is going to be in short supply round NAMBLA Park way. :lol:

Put it this way if Hector is considering accepting the CVA and there is a cloud over whether or not Rangers will be allowed to play and earn money next season they could well think that liquidating might be their best option to see a return on their money. Do you think the Green brigade will go ahead with their purchase of Rangers if they are suspended?

I can't really see them even knowing of any rangers troubles outwith the pending cva decision and even if they did i couldn't see them caring less.

IMO their decision will be based solely on the offer and the historic behaviour of rangers regardless of any potential consequences and for that reason i think the cva can only be rejected.

I keep reading on P&B ( i have read every post in this thread) that a CVA will not/cannot get pushed through and there seems to be various plausible theories for this.

However, this is the ONLY place i find this point of view. Every paper or other media, every person i see interviewed, tells me the opposite.

I know what i would like to happen but i'm starting to think it will be a CVA, not enough evidence of double contracts, practically debt free Rainjurs in the SPL.

Sadly, nothing to see here, move along.

One of the reasons the papers don't print the "Death knell at Ibrox.... You's are now Fecked" story is it would piss of the bears get them added to the boycott list and their sales would suffer, so print sensationalism "Multi Trillionaire Whyte to open Warchest and sign Ronaldo & Rooney" headlines which the bears suck up and love

I've not seen much in the papers or on TV to support a CVA lately. Liquidation is the talk.

Rest easy. HMRC won't go for a CVA, stonewall decision. And now it looks like a newco is out going by S Thompson's comments today. Plus Rangers might be suspended. They've got nothing going for them. Calm before a mighty storm...

It used to be said that if all the chinese jumped at exactly the same moment they could shift the earth out of its orbit. Just imagine what the orcs might do to Scotland if they all walk away at the same moment.

It used to be said that if all the chinese jumped at exactly the same moment they could shift the earth out of its orbit. Just imagine what the orcs might do to Scotland if they all walk away at the same moment.

Make the place look and smell better?

Is there any chance of Charles Green's sales brochure to investors appearing online at some point? If it's half as good as the one for Michael Owen it'll be good for a laugh.

They can obviously give Rangers ANY punishment within the rules. I think it would be straight back to the CoS if they hand out a penalty they have already said themself is too severe. That is why i see the Scottish Cup Ban as the best available punishment. We will all find out soon enough.

As far as I am aware, the Scottish Cup ban is not available, it is there as a punishment for any infringement carried out in the Scottish Cup matches. It specifically says expulsion from the Scottish Cup, not barring from entry.

I would expect Rangers to go back to the COS if that one was handed down. :rolleyes:

1339179572[/url]' post='6315054']

"in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes"

So said Benjamin Franklin.

They might reckon they can dodge one, but in trying to do so, they've only hastened the arrival of the other.

Patience people. It will come.

Benjamin Franklin was a very smart man. He knew how to see through contradicting arguments and see the essential truths of life; such as................................

As far as I am aware, the Scottish Cup ban is not available, it is there as a punishment for any infringement carried out in the Scottish Cup matches. It specifically says expulsion from the Scottish Cup, not barring from entry.

I would expect Rangers to go back to the COS if that one was handed down. :rolleyes:

I'm liking this analysis :)