Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It is worth remembering that Duff and Phelps will not be the official liquiditors.

HMRC have sorted that out :jerry

Despite taking a keen interest on the Rangers (pre-2012) stuff, I'm still fairly clueless on insolvency laws - can someone explain the right to appoint a liquidator? Is it down to the biggest creditor to do? It just seems odd to me that having appointed some tame administrators, that no move has been made by the Rangers side of things to appoint a "preferred" liquidator...

Read it earlier on another site. Basically telling people that the club shall continue as a football club,only it will be virtually debt free. Only thing that will change is a different serial number at companies house for the company to trade but the club will continue. Happened to Middlesbro,Charlton,Leeds,we're no different.

you are different in the way that you will be demoted 3 divisions as you will be a newco after the liquidation with any luck

Wouldn't call the "traditional" songs political, really. More a celebration of hatred, violence and bigotry. Neither of these clubs will make a stand against the "unpalatable minority" (yeah right) of their support, because that's their key demographic.

Yer average weegie trog knows as much about politics as they do about religion - because, you see, "catholic" and "protestant" are sects: sects of Christianity. That's the Christianity which preaches peace, love and forgiveness.....

Quite agree with you about the songs,there is no place for them at football games and it's down to the clubs to have them eradicated. One thing though i've noticed from many on here when they debate about the OF they seem to take it for granted that a person is either Catholic ot Protestant dependant on the team they support,understandable i suppose but also taken for granted. As i said we are not all bigots from either religion.

In lamens terms then.... the liquidators seize ownership of all assets... ibrox, succulent lamb park, playing staff; albion car park etc.. sell it off to the highest bidder...(not neccesarily Green) and allocate moneys raised between creditors...

sorry for being naive but is that the script roughly ???

No. Now the sale to Green goes ahead and the assets are sold to the newco. Then the oldco is liquidated

Sorry to burst your bubble, sonny, but liquidation means that rangers have ceased to exist, hence the expression NEWco. Zero titles and counting, and at best trying to maintain a huge stadium on Div 3 income: 's gonna be a long time before any zombie club have anything to stick on the mantelpiece. Some of next year's squad might be shaving before they get near the SPL.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a Hughie for that........PMSL :D

Only slight upside for me

... apart from the obvious...:D ... is Rapid Vienna getting pumped for their Million quid..

Those cheating b*****ds ruined my 8th birthday... :angry:

Oh and hearts losing out on the Lee Wallace money is... 'pleasing' :)

Ha ha! forgot about that. Good times indeed! :lol:

Sorry to burst your bubble, sonny, but liquidation means that rangers have ceased to exist, hence the expression NEWco. Zero titles and counting, and at best trying to maintain a huge stadium on Div 3 income: 's gonna be a long time before any zombie club have anything to stick on the mantelpiece. Some of next year's squad might be shaving before they get near the SPL.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that correct tho, hibs closed and reformed and retained their previous Scottish cup etc?

I opted to support St Mirren despite a family convention of supporting Rangers (albeit largely from their armchairs).

I chose to support St Mirren after a mate took me to a couple of matches, and I enjoyed the atmosphere and banter. Oh, and they were my local senior team and all that....

I attended one match at Ibrox in 1994/95. Rangers versus Dundee Utd. It was a truly hideous experience, characterised by vile and venomous bile, and I've never been back, and never will be (will anyone?).

So, in summary, I opted not to support Rangers, and this is perhaps one of the decisions I have made in my life of which I'm most proud.

You can take your analysis and blow it our your arse :)

Oh, and on the HMRC decision. No surprise there (I'd described the CVA proposal on the day of publication as laughable), but I punched the air in celebration in any event.

GIRFUY!

Sub Falkirk for St. Mirren and Celtic for Rangers and ditto.

I know plenty of guys who have done the same.

Quite funny that we now need the goodwill of all the other SPL clubs. That would be the clubs that Mark Dingwall has advocated we all boycott next season and for the forseeable future. I just hope we have a chance to boycott anybody next season!!

Seriously this is 1 of the people that TBKs wanted to take a seat on their Rangers Board.

Only yesterday there was a thread on Follow Follow asking who was going to away games next season. I replied i would be regardless of what the fans groups said and before i posted my reply the thread had been deleted.

Well you reap what you sow. If i supported any other SPL club i wouldn't want supporters like that back in the league!!

Tbf this is always, forevermore, going to be a matter of dispute. Down in England clubs have changed company in various ways and haven't been regarded as new clubs. Rangers fans will say they are, rivals will say they aren't, my gut reaction is much of the media will say they are. Most likely the football authorities will say they are as that's the basis upon which a Newco continuing membership is founded.

There'll be a huge editing war on Wikipedia for about 5 years.

As a UK taxpayer I would like to appluad the HMRC for liquidating this vile cheating, tax dodging cheating bunch of cheats.

Will the new rangers not also require to pay vat, paye and NI up front tdue to the serious and premeditated non payment of taxes in 2011/2012?

How can they transfer there SFA membership when this is not been awarded due to non provision of audited accounts for the last year?