Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

A quid? :angry:

That's a great idea though. Timing seems very co-incidental. :huh::):lol:

Fingers crossed.

It's been a quid since the AGM in January I think, I let my membership lapse a couple of years ago but was chatting to them with regard to the newco vote and asked for membership forms for the family. There's no annual fees now either.

http://www.ictsupporterstrust.co.uk/news/trust-news/235-quids-in-with-ict-supporters-trust

Edited by stonedsailor

You're reading the whole thing wrongly.

8 Yes votes are required.

If 7 clubs vote for and 5 vote against, then they won't get in.

Immediately realised I'd misread your post just after saying that.

Also FWIW, giving Rangers a vote in this is like giving a murderer a place in the jury. I'm assuming this is the reason why 8/12 for Newco is required.

6/11 would make a lot more sense, would it not?

Edited by Albino Rover

I would hope all Motherwell fans keep an open mind until they have read the material the board provides. Fan ownership means a lot more responsibility. We need to put the long term stability of our club first.

This along with Hearts announcement and Hibs posturing means we will see other clubs get in line to say No to Newco. The floodgates have been opened.

I think it's a bit more than 'posturing' TBH. Petrie's "integrity is beyond any price" was a statement of intent and without being partisan about it, I reckon the fact that one chairman more or less lit the touchpaper relatively early on enabled others to take stock with a bit more confidence. Viva Tacheman !!

I think it's a bit more than 'posturing' TBH. Petrie's "integrity is beyond any price" was a statement of intent and without being partisan about it, I reckon the fact that one chairman more or less lit the touchpaper relatively early on enabled others to take stock with a bit more confidence. Viva Tacheman !!

Agreed. Hats off to Petrie for simply stating the obvious and showing some much needed leadership.

This is the attitude i don't quite understand. Why not use the situation for your advantage...Take them for all you can and hopefully help the clubs outwith the SPL regain some power in the game.

It seems to me a lot of people are happy to see their clubs and Scottish football as a whole suffer as long as they get a good kick into Rangers as they go down.

Having time to consider the punishment i now think Rangers should be docked points from last year and relegated. Dunfermline should be re-instated to the SPL as they suffered directly from this cheating. Rangers prize money for finishing 12th should be withheld and with every team from 3rd down moving up a place their prize money adjusted accordingly. Now Rangers are in the SFL 1 and IF they are found guilty of the double contracts they should be relegated to the bottom tier. Seems the fairest and easiest solution to all the ongoing problems.

Rangers(or whatever their name will be) CANNOT be relegated,they can only apply to the SFL to be admitted to the leagues

Not working, maybe an influx...

With 13,500 average attendance last season i doubt there been even near 9,000 season tickets sold so far.

Well considering we have had at least 10,000 season ticket holders for the past seven seasons or so now and added to the fact that we have just won the cup and are in Europe again there is no reason for us not to be near 9,000.

I hope that continues to rise as well now that we have told Club 12 to do one.

To be honest i don't actually think there would be a problem from where the club plays it football,and which league it is in. The Welsh league gets to be represented in europe,yet they have Welsh clubs who play in England who can also qualify for Europe.

If Green does buy Bury then it is no different to when Jim Ballantyne bought Clydebank,he only renamed,and relocated the club.Everything else was as is.So if he does buy Bury then they will not be a Scottish club,they will still be English,only renamed and moved to Glasgow.So european qualification will still be the same for them.The SFA have not got a leg to stand on either as they are not part of the Scottish football setup,and have no right to refuse anyone from England to play their football from Scotland.If UEFA/FIFA get involved it may be different,but Green just points out they are still an English side,who now unfortunately had to relocate to a bigger ground,which just happens to be in Scotland.Reminding them of the fact this already happens with Welsh teams and the Welsh league.

So i feel Green would have a very good case to get his wishes if he actually did buy an English side.

As far as I understand it, football is governed by the various national FAs.

They are on record as saying they will not allow "cross-border teams".

Some already exist due to historical events.

It is possible that all this could be challenged in the national or European courts, à la Bosman.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that this would be totally unthinkable. Chaos would reign.

Cowdenbeath would want to play in Spain (no particular reason) , I could watch the Jags in France maybe.

It will not and cannot happen.......................................<_<

“They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale. A society that allows the destruction of integrity in sport, which is a crucial part of Scottish culture, is destroying itself – and all for the benefit of a media aborigine.”

Vladimir Romanov 21-06-12

Could I nominate this for next year's Anti-Orange Poetry Prize ?

Immediately realised I'd misread your post just after saying that.

Also FWIW, giving Rangers a vote in this is like giving a murderer a place in the jury. I'm assuming this is the reason why 8/12 for Newco is required.

6/11 would make a lot more sense, would it not?

It would need to be 7/11. The vote requires 66% according to SPL rule book.

I'm not a St Mirren season ticket holder due to the fact that I can't get along to enough games per season due to other commitments. However, if Stewart Gilmour was to come out with a statement on a par with Romanov's, then I'd be buying a season ticket right now. Well done Vlad!!!!

Vlad is bonkers, a loose cannon, but he's a star today for saying NO.

So definite NOs for me are Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen. They are big clubs, now the rest will be influenced by that and vote how their heart tells them, not their heads

Statement from Kenny Cameron of ICT:

Posted 15 minutes ago

Open letter to the fans from ICTFC chairman Kenny Cameron:

The Rangers situation has resulted in a huge volume of letters, emails and phone calls to me from Caley Thistle supporters -- so many that I cannot reply individually, though all have been given due consideration and the board fully appreciates our fans' strength of feeling on the issue.

Similarly, all the posts on the fans' website have been noted. This week we consulted with the Supporters Trust, whose input is particularly important to us.

It is fair to say that those who say that Rangers have been punished sufficiently are in an extremely small minority of all the representations received.

The directors of the club have taken all the comments on board. Our final decision on the issue will be taken based on the views of supporters and the Supporters Trust combined with what we think is best for our club from a business perspective and for Scottish football in general.

This is an extremely busy period, otherwise I would have taken time to reply to all of our fans who have taken the trouble to contact me. Their views will not be arbitrarily dismissed.

Meanwhile, as events continue to unfold, the board will continue to assess the situation on an ongoing basis.

Thanks for your input, Kenny Cameron

Statement from Kenny Cameron of ICT:

Posted 15 minutes ago

Open letter to the fans from ICTFC chairman Kenny Cameron:

The Rangers situation has resulted in a huge volume of letters, emails and phone calls to me from Caley Thistle supporters -- so many that I cannot reply individually, though all have been given due consideration and the board fully appreciates our fans' strength of feeling on the issue.

Similarly, all the posts on the fans' website have been noted. This week we consulted with the Supporters Trust, whose input is particularly important to us.

It is fair to say that those who say that Rangers have been punished sufficiently are in an extremely small minority of all the representations received.

The directors of the club have taken all the comments on board. Our final decision on the issue will be taken based on the views of supporters and the Supporters Trust combined with what we think is best for our club from a business perspective and for Scottish football in general.

This is an extremely busy period, otherwise I would have taken time to reply to all of our fans who have taken the trouble to contact me. Their views will not be arbitrarily dismissed.

Meanwhile, as events continue to unfold, the board will continue to assess the situation on an ongoing basis.

Thanks for your input, Kenny Cameron

Another NO vote. NEWCO are fucked..!!

I don't think United fans are being cowards. I think they are being irrational. If they all seem content to walk away and happy to martyr their club or at least risk it's future prosperity then fair enough. I wouldn't want to put Motherwell at more risk because of the sins of Rangers.

It also lacks a bit of decency. This argument has been framed by those who want Rangers out as having nothing to with money " you can't put a price on Sporting Integrity" so why is withholding money now suddenly relevant? I believe some United fans won't go back but I believe others are holding out to try and strong arm their board. I think the fans arguments would hold more weight and be more convincing if they showed a strong backing for the club.

Someone else posted that since season ticket sales are up clubs will find it easier to boot out Rangers. I think that argument has a certain amount of truth. If finances are going to get bad clubs need to know they have a strong core support who will stand by the club through thick and thin. If anything united fans are pushing them towards the money men at Sky/ESPN.

If so called journalists can state that season tickets are not being bought because fans want to see The Rangers,what spin would Traynor et-al put on this scenario