Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This scenario still doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

There must be plenty plots of land in Govan... the size of a couple of football pitches... which would surely cost less than the combined totals of £5.5M + cost of demolishing 50k seater football stadium + cost of incorporating a listed main stand into any replacement works + profit margin to sufficiently compensate for looking over your shoulder forever, being as you are "the Man who Killed Rangers".

But what cost is Murray Park worth to the SFA for a start? And perhaps this is a long term gain, maybe he knows more about the future planning of Glasgow & Govan than we do. There must be some profitable end game to this. Apart from getting the assets so cheap, he's made an arse of it from day one.

This is actually beginning to remind me of the last few days of Hitler's Germany. The 'enemy' (tarriers in this instance, probably) are circling and the net is tightening.

If things keep going the way they are, I can see the white flag going up before too long.

Much like Hitler, Sevco/Rangers seem content with the idea of committing suicide

There must be plenty plots of land in Govan... the size of a couple of football pitches... which would surely cost less than the combined totals of £5.5M + cost of demolishing 50k seater football stadium + cost of incorporating a listed main stand into any replacement works + profit margin to sufficiently compensate for looking over your shoulder forever, being as you are "the Man who Killed Rangers".

Agree. I cannot see Charlie Boy's angle on this being property developing. Got to be really obvious and think he bought the assets with the intention of making a quick buck and riding out of Rock Ridge ASAP. Maybe, having watched Laurel & Hardy make NO compulsory redundancies of playing staff, he genuinely thought his newco zombie start-up company would see them all transfer straight to him - and he'd punt them with a profit there somehow. Maybe he just thought 5.5mil was cheap, and he could sell them on again.

Christ knows, but like Whyte before him, he's up to something shady. Has to be.

If sevco have to travel up to Brechin I hope they have a nice hotel lined up for the overnight stay.

At the rate things are going they'll only need two rooms.

And one of them can be a single. :P

I think his gamble is that someone else would buy it off him after the messy liquidation part was done. The consortium has invested very little money, so could walk with fairly minimal losses. The only ones upset would be Rangers supporters. I think the prospective/probable buyers are testing his bottle and waiting for the outcome of the which division debate. I can't play poker, but I think this is similar.