Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Indeed.

Haven't a number of clubs already declared a potential conflict of interest and acknowledged that they will not vote accordingly?

Calls into question 'rangers' being allowed to vote at the SPL meeting on newco.

alex thomson@alextomoBerwick voting D1- their director Brian Porteous has 516 "Rangers" shares. Pure coincidence I'm sure.

Why is this allowed? How can you get a vote when you have shares in the club you are voting about

Because there's some piece of sophistry within the SFA rules saying that at long as the shareholding is not "substantial", then it's OK.

Feckin' stinks.

Why is this allowed? How can you get a vote when you have shares in the club you are voting about

In fairness, the shares are in the Oldco. There's no direct financial benefit for shareholders here.

That said, the reason is fairly straightforward: the SFA is slightly more corrupt than the average Central American CIA puppet state. Rather than banning chairmen from owning shares in other clubs, we allow them to own up to a 5% stake. Because that's totally normal!

Because there's some piece of sophistry within the SFA rules saying that at long as the shareholding is not "substantial", then it's OK.

Feckin' stinks.

They should however do the honourable thing and abstain.

Most folk know that the vast majority of shares held by fans in clubs are of emotional value and not for monetry gain.

Berwick Rangers - honourable - mibbeez naw

In fairness, the shares are in the Oldco. There's no direct financial benefit for shareholders here.

That said, the reason is fairly straightforward: the SFA is slightly more corrupt than the average Central American CIA puppet state. Rather than banning chairmen from owning shares in other clubs, we allow them to own up to a 5% stake. Because that's totally normal!

Tbh, it's always going to be a losing battle... doesn't the bloke Rankine (involved at Livingston with McDougall) also have an interest in Dumbarton (memories hazy on that one), and a major stake-hold in East Fife is held by his schoolgirl niece?

Feckin' stinks.

Rangers (Oldco) shares are worth precisely nothing. Doesn't stop you rightfully assuming a certain bias though..

Tbh, it's always going to be a losing battle... doesn't the bloke Rankine (involved at Livingston with McDougall) also have an interest in Dumbarton (memories hazy on that one), and a major stake-hold in East Fife is held by his schoolgirl niece?

The SFA suit themselves, it's not long ago a prominent board member had no shares in the club he was representing.

I seem to recall that there are other industries in which such a clear conflict of interest would be unacceptable. What were they again...? ... Oh, yes, that's right: every other industry.

Rangers (Oldco) shares are worth precisely nothing. Doesn't stop you rightfully assuming a certain bias though..

Very true. I wonder how this "chairmens' shares" story would have panned out if they all another club's shares, CelticPLC or even AFC?

May get a bunch of reds for this but I don't see why the fact 1 director held 0.00047% of shares in a liquidating company which moved property/TUPE'd employees to another company that's applying to join SFL, should prevent Berwick Rangers voting on it.

May get a bunch of reds for this but I don't see why the fact 1 director held 0.00047% of shares in a liquidating company which moved property/TUPE'd employees to another company that's applying to join SFL, should prevent Berwick Rangers voting on it.

Presumably there's a moral conflict of interest, if not a legal one. People don't buy shares in football clubs to make money - I have shares in Falkirk (I admit there is a difference as they're not publicly traded) but it's for sentimentality and a way of giving some more cash to the club. It's therefore not unreasonable to assume that there is quite the likelihood that this director bought shares in Rangers because he's a fan.

Ah... the old "not 100% pregnant" argument.

Wrong again, douchebag. As noted just a few posts back, although the shares might have no monetary value they indicate that the holders of said shares have at least an emotional link to SpivCo and cannot be said to be impartial.

So please shove your accusations of bias up your Welsh arse.

Thank you.