Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Agree, has to be bullshit... But... When you have Cockwomble around, and a convicted tax fraudster just lauded as the man to ensure the Rangers are out of the hands of 'asset stripping spivs and cheats', then you just never know. Also, my own club still has a Chairman who organised two meetings in our stadium to try and convince St Mirren supporters that we needed to go easy on the Rangers to avoid redundancies at St Mirren, to avoid losing sponsors, to avoid TV companies walking away from Scottish football, and to avoid the armageddon scenario. Given the sniff of seeing St Mirren escape relegation fears - he might jump at it. Remember, he's been trying to sell St Mirren doon' the boozer to someone for over five years now. Who's to say....? Think Motherwell fancy relegation? What with the whole 'Well Society' thing? Uncle Roy up at County keeps pumping cash in. Think he fancies a drop down to a league guaranteed to still have Hibs or The Rangers in it? With the cnuts running Scottish football, anything is possible.

Yes, we should be vigilant I suppose, because there are few limits on what a lot of football people would stoop to when it comes to self-interest.

I do think that this particular story is nonsense though.

Aberdeen were saved a couple if times. Why didnt you do it then?

Dont bother...I know the answer.

Why are you asking a question No 2 if you know the answer? Strange person. Anyway here is a question for you. Did the Sevco fans and management not say at the start of "the journey" that once they got promoted to the top tier they would refuse to play in it because of the way the top teams stabbed them in the back. (lol,lol) Will your team and fans stick by this bravado?

Yes, we should be vigilant I suppose, because there are few limits on what a lot of football people would stoop to when it comes to self-interest.

I do think that this particular story is nonsense though.

Yup'. No way -.not in March, when relegation / playoff scenarios are just starting to hot up. If St Mirren go down, we'll deserve to - due to poor results at home, and an utter clusterfcuk under Tommy Craig. No-one to blame but ourselves. Wouldn't want saved in March by such clear bollocks at all. The Chairman though...

The SFA are supposed as part of their job is to promote Scottish football and they have failed many times, for example in gaining sponsorship. What the SFA would view is that the OF games are Scottish football's biggest sellable asset when it comes to showing televised games especially outside this country.

As much as we are defensive of our own clubs we will easily lose out for tv coverage if there are bigger games in bigger leagues around Europe played at the same time as our games, the tv broadcasters will always try to pick the games where they get the biggest viewing figures and an OF match is the one guarantee of high viewing figures from a match in this country.

BT seem more focused towards our domestic game, Sky are all about viewing figures and will likely offer more cash to show OF games than BT could.

I'm not arguing with any of that - it's all blindingly obvious.

I'm not taking this particular story seriously though.

Yup'. No way -.not in March, when relegation / playoff scenarios are just starting to hot up. If St Mirren go down, we'll deserve to - due to poor results at home, and an utter clusterfcuk under Tommy Craig. No-one to blame but ourselves. Wouldn't want saved in March by such clear bollocks at all. The Chairman though...

Similarly, I'd hate to see us getting into the top flight for the first time in my lifetime, via such a tawdry route.

The Wrath of Millions..... If Doncaster and the likes cheated to save the Middens, and give Hibs and Seethco a helping hand the champions elect and their sharpshooting young chairman Dougie Rae would boot them up'n'doon'n'roon the highest court in the land. Mind you our manager would nae doubt throw the league to avoid this as he's never off the blue boaby on radio clyde.

This 16 team top flight, no playoffs, due to TV 'demands' is serious bullshit.... Or at least it better be. My team has just went to the bottom of the league, and faces a dogfight for survival. Hibs are battling hard for second place to try for an easier playoff route. Queens and Falkirk are fighting hard too. Motherwell, Ross C and St Mirren are heading for some seriously important post-split nailbiters.

I don't buy this 16 team bullshit, not at this point in ANY season. Just as we hit the squeaky bum part? No way. If however, the authorities, clubs, and TV companies DID gerrymander this bullshit scenario, I'd be finished with Scottish football. I would cut my season ticket in two and post it back to Stewart Gilmour the day after they announced it.

Not that he'd give much of a fcuk anyway, he wants out of St Mirren and Scottish football himself. Still, I'd be on the golf course of a Saturday, and I already have my tickets for the three Wembley NFL games, so I would simply do those and schedule in a handful of trips to St James Park in Newcastle. Wouldn't miss the Scottish corrupt SPFL at all.

Calm down ya mentalist, its a bloody wind up.

Q.3 ... you avoided answering .. how the club 'pander to it' .. . given recent bans handed out to the 128 for letting off flares ...

Note : Nothing you have stated is illegal so why would they need to be identified and excluded?

Question three I answered quite clearly.

When you start to rely on the "it's not illegal" argument, you lose. Just like your Ugly Sisters.

Word is that Premiership will be increased to 16 teams next season, with relegation of 3 plus one play off the following year

This is the post which started the p and b reconstruction general panic.

Ffs.....

Was this talk of reconstruction not fuelled by Lawwell saying something about wanting Celtic to play less Domestic games & more European games?!

I'm all for Celtic, and Rangers for that matter, fcuking off in the belief that they're a Scottish version of the Harlem Globe Trotters!

Edited by sjc

You still haven't answered ... when you deflect like Bennett you look like an arse.

Of course I have - the refusal to accept an answer you don't like is just another similarity between the two sets of fans.

It may well not be illegal to sing songs and display banners glorifying terrorists, but if your club can't see why others might find this an offence against decency and act to stop it, then they deserve every once of opprobrium directed their way.

How do you prevent something that is not illegal? I also find that statement laughable since a private business owner does not have the right to turn away guests based on their personal dislikes or beliefs since it would discrimination.

That aside what does it matter that you, I or others find it distasteful ... I'm not even sure there are that many banners displayed or who pays attention to them other than tne 'easily offended let's do something about it' moronic element of society .. Mainly those that have nothing better to do. I seriously doubt that many of the diddies on here, who bring it up, really care about it other than to use it to wind Celtic fans up. Seriously I doubt their belief systems run much deeper than that.

A business owner does not have to give a reason for refusing a customer - it is down to the individual to prove they have been discriminated against.

How to stop massive banners being displayed? Oh, that's a tough one.

The songs? Make it clear to customers what is not acceptable, and eject those who participate. Cancel STs if appropriate.

We all have a justifiable go at your Ugly Sisters for their behaviour - well strangely enough many of us find your fans' behaviour just as objectionable on occasion - and it's not that rare, either.

The only ground requirements these days concern a safety certificate.Seating requirements are gone. It's amazing how many people seem not to realise this.

I didn't think so but then as a Raith fan its been many years since premier league requirements bothered me! It's all I could think of to excuse such an omission.

Dave King never smiles

Would you smile if you'd just taken on that toxic club?

Professional poker players don't smile either. I watched one win a million dollars on TV once. He raised his arms in victory, but didn't crack even the tiniest smile.

Maybe Dave King is a poker player in his spare time?