Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Quiz time.

Who said this?

"As a keen Rangers supporter I now look forward to helping the club secure its future as a leading force in Scottish and European football. "I know the club has gone through some difficult spells in recent times, but it is my commitment to the manager, his backroom team, the players and, most importantly, the loyal supporters that I will do all I can to ensure further success in the weeks, months and years to come."

Craig Whyte? :lol:

Quiz time.

Who said this?

"As a keen Rangers supporter I now look forward to helping the club secure its future as a leading force in Scottish and European football. "I know the club has gone through some difficult spells in recent times, but it is my commitment to the manager, his backroom team, the players and, most importantly, the loyal supporters that I will do all I can to ensure further success in the weeks, months and years to come."

Mr Craig Whyte?

bbc 1 scottish politics NOW has them on...

the guy from ernst young puts it all in perspective.we are only at the start.a cva is highly unlikely as hmrc dont believe in them and all the people he talks to say there is only one outcome liquidation/newco.says rangers fans dont want to believe this,but it will most likely happen.back to square one methinks

from RM..

Edited by wunfellaff

Just noticed this:-

Derek Johnstone

Group:Loyal Bluenose

Topics:5

Rep:0

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

Tomorrow's express....

DAVE BASSETT has told Ally McCoist to watch his back because new consortium head Charles Green won’t think twice about sacking him.

The former Sheffield United chief executive is leading a bid from a London-based group, who have now moved into pole position to buy Rangers.

Bassett was ruthlessly removed when Green was put in charge at Bramall Lane, and he knows McCoist could end up in a similar position.

“He is ruthless and he would have no concerns about sacking Ally McCoist if he had to,” said Bassett, who was forced out after eight years with the Blades.

“Green came in with the sole intention of getting rid of me.

“He was going to make changes. I had been there eight years and when a new owner comes in he normally doesn’t want the manager who is there.

“Any new owner wants to pick their own manager.

Green came in with the sole intention of getting rid of me

Dave Bassett

“It happens all the time, look at Sam Allardyce at Blackburn and Mark Hughes at Manchester City. I was well aware before it happened because I knew Adrian Heath was working for Howard Kendall and our games were being watched.

“I was a big boy and you know these things happen and I knew it was just a matter of time.”

Green was put in charge at United and was calling the shots for chairman Mike McDonald when they sacked Bassett and replaced him with Howard Kendall in 1995.

Bassett knows that with Green, reputations count for nothing and that will be a concern to Ibrox boss and legend McCoist.

Fat Sally watch your back.

Damn Off The Ball plays out with 'Green Onions' without even a mention for the bassist who died today, Donald 'Duck' Dunn :angry: (think Blues Brothers)

Greetin'-pussed Greg from Off the Ball is a Hearts-supporting Ally McCoist fan. WTF?

That c**t can GTF with that shit.........I'll personally give him the bus fare as long as he never calls himself a Hearts fan again. mad.gif

The Orcs official thread was interesting. Two parts in particular.

30k36s7.jpg

I'm sure investors in the Middle East will be thrilled at a club some of whose fans wave flags where a six pointed star is on it. Will go down wonders with their calm rational Muslim brethren who are never known to fly off the handle on the flimsiest of pretext at anything smelling of Jewishness.

:whistle

But the real clincher is no one owning more than 15%. Quite aside from that not being the sort of business model Middle Eastern or Far Eastern businessmen like, especially when taking over an ailing company (they tend to prefer the omnipotent overlord model), it smacks of the infamous "20 Shares Max" model of Heart Of Midlothian, which was designed to ensure the same fate that befell St Bernard's and later Third Lanark could never befall them, but at the cost that the club would have to rely solely on any money it earned itself, as there was simply no incentive for any directors to make an investment when they'd little guarantee on how the money would be spent, let alone get a return on it. The end result was of course the "yo-yo" and near bankruptcy years of the late 70s to early 80s.

That model is good for small grassroots clubs (Juniors, EOS, etc) wanting to ensure their club doesn't fall into the hands of property speculators only interested in the land, but for a professional football club it is a nonsense.

If this isn't an asset-strip, it's got to be the stupidest football takeover deal ever (although I'm sure the Blue Knights will come up with one ever more cock-eyed by Monday).

If this man Leggo isn't a clear indication that Care in the Community isn't working then God knows what will:

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/

The guy wants to get back on his Lithium ASAP !

Agreed.

At least one of the reasons none of the big hitters like KPMG would touch Rangers with a bargepole is that they got stung badly with the negative publicity from their last juant into Scottish football, and that they had enough imagination to forsee what their e-mail inboxes, and call logs would look like should they be be put in the position of doing for Rangers.....