Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Nothing on SSN, nothing on BBC teletext football page 302, or Scottish news page 160...

As Bjork says 'It's oh so quiet, shh, shh, and so peaceful until...'

Damn you, I'll be whistling that all day at work now

If they were paid over-and-above for "football purposes" or "football activities" or whatever the wording would be, IIRC.

Which they would have been, obviously, but in an official sense i.e. wording.

Indeed - proving it conclusively may be the difficulty... but the letter published in the Sun on Sunday would have to be a complete fake, or the only one of its kind in existence, or the only one demonstrating that the payments WERE for football activities, for the case to be a non-starter.

Speculation from day one (if you've been reading the RTC blog) has been that Rangers DID leave a paper trail that ultimately would come back to bite them. Now there's no question that there's a lot of bias where that blog is concerned - but that was stated up front. It's been on the money with a lot of detail over the last year where this saga is concerned.

We will see - perhaps HMRC are clutching at straws. Perhaps it was all governed appropriately. Seems a hell of a long time to conclude "nothing to see here". But we shall see.

Such Trusts have to be discretionary. Any arrangement that guarantees cash and/or the date that cash will be paid is, de facto, not discretionary.

Agreed.

Easier for other types of businesses to argue but what is a footballers job if it is not to "play football" hence the HMRC's argument.

As I'm 7hrs ahead here from Ibrox explosion time. I'm beginning to have sleepless night wondering in anticipation when the big moment happens. I really want to see and here it live (hopefully when the firing squad start unleashing).

I must admit this forum has had me riveted for the last 2 weeks, P&B is absolutely fabulous for all the miss information and gossip, can't live without it.

Keep up the great work, can't wait for another days of tears of laughter.

Did i see something about the Rangers players voting against accepting A deferred payment of their salary?

You may very well have done - on Sportsound last night Chick Young took a break from playing with himself over the Brian Kennedy story, to say that he had spoken to Rangers players, who said that of the 22 players who'd had "a meeting", SEVEN of them voted AGAINST deferring their wages.

He did raise a valid point in that Rangers have players away on International duty, guys such as McGregor and Edu - if players are going to be punted tomorrow (Thurs), it may be once all players are there, so nothing today (Wed).

Something else I've been wondering, and it may be posted elsewhere on this most glorious of threads - how much, roughly, are administrators fees? That's them been in two weeks now, working god knows what hours, and there will be more than two of them there I'd imagine; surely their bill is going to be a whopper?

The Courier saying this morning that United have had assurances from the administrators over ticket money for the forthcoming game at Tannadice on March 17th.

United will receive most of the cash before the match, with the balance being paid from the administrators own bank 72 hours later. A similar offer will apply to Motherwell for their game against Rangers March 31st.

35bzeo1.jpg

But if they can't even afford to get their printing done - hell, even Gretna managed to get match programmes out right to the bitter end - then Hearts may not even get to be the last ever club they play!

:blink:

It would be very ironic(and slightly coincidental) should we be the last team Rangers plays in the SPl just like Gretna...

Something else I've been wondering, and it may be posted elsewhere on this most glorious of threads - how much, roughly, are administrators fees? That's them been in two weeks now, working god knows what hours, and there will be more than two of them there I'd imagine; surely their bill is going to be a whopper?

Yeh it's typically 6-figures. Probably high-end for Rangers.

Gretna's creditors got virtually nothing since of what little money was recouped from assets, most of it was swallowed-up by the administrators fee :lol:!!

If they were paid over-and-above for "football purposes" or "football activities" or whatever the wording would be, IIRC.

Which they would have been, obviously, but in an official sense i.e. wording.

So presumably if a deposit was made every time they played/won/scored that would be damning enough evidence without the contracts to hand?

This gives you an idea of the sorts of costs Duff & Phelps are looking at: D & F fees

So presumably if a deposit was made every time they played/won/scored that would be damning enough evidence without the contracts to hand?

No idea: we're into the territory of 'interpretation' now, though. I'm sure some legal-eagle could try to argue that scoring/winning enhances your image hence enhances your image rights!!

STV reporting that Papac and Goian are worried their contracts will be terminated this week.

Happily a quick google of Papac to see the latest brought up this gem which I missed last night. Sorry if it's already been posted, though it's probably worth seeing again.

Ideal reading material while we wait for Rangers to shuffle off: http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

Loving the "tags" at the bottom of that review - amongst my favourites are "bigot", "racism", "skint" and "moonbeam".

:lol::lol::lol:

Just as a wee side note - I said TAGS..........................................!