Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ah, pleading the Brockhole defence :lol:.

... and :blink:?

Aye, we're living in days of milk and honey aren't we :blink:. Fact remains that once the post-war boom was gone the traditional formats were a dead-duck in Scotland. People, quite rightly, did not want to pay to watch competitve football which had no competitive meaning.

He's fighting a 40-year old argument which is more relevant today than it was then.

So your saying ! let's not be fair and keep this elitist league structure ?.

My example of population shift bub resulting in bigger crowds because they have achieved premier league status ICT and Ross county.40 years ago you would have laughed at the idea of Highland clubs in the premier other than Aberdeen.

Teams will always come and go and this antiquated system keeping clubs in the league when they only have averages of 100 gates is cruel to say the least,because there are junior teams who can pull in thousands at times.The system needs updating to weed out the chaff and welcome the new upcoming teams from anywhere in Scotland as the population changes.My local team Pollok juniors has better gates than Queens park.

You want fair ? then open up the system to accommodate the new teams from different areas who can raise the support instead of keeping dead clubs alive.

Most Morton fans I know are also Rangers fans so I don't think your post is representative of your fellow supporters.

Most Rangers fans I know are actually fucking idiots, so i think your post is representative of that theory

Yep... grand. I suggest we do this by looking at what's proved best here - i.e. wrought of experience - and what's proving best in Europe. Where 2x playing leagues are now in the minority, almost 1/4 of top-tiers now have splits, and where only countries with 18/20 are England, Germany, France, Netherlands, Turkey (split), Romania, Italy + Spain.

Going "back to 1972" is based on nought but sepia-tinged nostalgia.

Do you believe that our league at the moment is the best it can possibly be, or do you think it could be improved.

ps I aint fucking old enough to remember 1972, so no nostalgia here i'm afraid :lol:

Breaking news: Ladbrokes offering odds that Turkey will gain EU membership before SPL makes a decision on dual contracts.

18th June, surely the years of cheating in every single game will see them not just chucked out the SPL but all football

Never really listened to anything Gilmour has said in the past,but he did look as if he was about to blow a gasket!

Fair play to the guy,no doubt the bears will be boycotting away days at paisley next season,maybe get a couple of

games against us at st.mirren park to cover the loss of any boycotts... :lol:

Well done Mr Gilmour,hopefully the rest of the spl chairmen have the baws they were born with and don't sell their

souls for 30 pieces of silver.....

I think the chairmen are getting as fed up as us at Rangers continuing to screw Scottish football, they must be laughing up their sleeves at yokels up here taking the shit they have been dishing out, fair play to Gilmour though...maybe he and the rest of the chairmen are starting to get the scale of this

Edited by LordHawHaw

so another damp squib.

we have some people going out for a drink and an invoice being requested with a specific date.

TSAR - you saw the documentary, the five tab web page last week and I guess have heard the Billy Dodds stuff too?

Just wondering where you're coming with the Damp Squib stuff?

SPL meeting on the dual contracts stuff restates tomorrow/later today and presumably they have the same stuff to hand. Are you looking for a formal SPL report to confirm the BBC revelations or so you nit think there's enough substance in them?

First time poster, so please treat me gently!

I've been following Rangers for years and regularly travel over from Banbridge every weekend to cheer on the Gers. I'm really saddened by the way some of the other clubs in Scotland have been treating us. I really don't understand the hatred towards us.

Is it jealousy?

RANGERS F.C. (no longer to be) 114 trophies 0% integrity

MORTON F.C. (founded 1874) 1 trophy 100% integrity

I have been walking ten feet tall all week - as has no doubt every other fan disgusted by you cheating bigots...so PROUD to wear my Morton top....you must be soooo ashamed.....

ps.....hope it's a Sainsbury's rather than a Tesco

So your saying ! let's not be fair and keep this elitist league structure ?.

My example of population shift bub resulting in bigger crowds because they have achieved premier league status ICT and Ross county.40 years ago you would have laughed at the idea of Highland clubs in the premier other than Aberdeen.

Teams will always come and go and this antiquated system keeping clubs in the league when they only have averages of 100 gates is cruel to say the least,because there are junior teams who can pull in thousands at times.The system needs updating to weed out the chaff and welcome the new upcoming teams from anywhere in Scotland as the population changes.My local team Pollok juniors has better gates than Queens park.

You want fair ? then open up the system to accommodate the new teams from different areas who can raise the support instead of keeping dead clubs alive.

Seriously mate, I actually have no idea what you're talking about now. As usual you're also justifying it with a litanty of factual rubbish. Who average 100? What Juniors draw in "thousands"? Why is that relevant to SPL format anyway, similarly the accession of Inverness + Ross County? Since when has Scotland's population risen? What's elitist?

EDIT: If you mean crowds have only risen due to Inverness + County joining, that's also rubbish.

I'm 100% for a pyramid. I'm not sure why you're using it in discussions about SPL format.

Do you believe that our league at the moment is the best it can possibly be, or do you think it could be improved.

ps I aint fucking old enough to remember 1972, so no nostalgia here i'm afraid :lol:

I don't. It can. But not by "back to 1972".

Edited by HibeeJibee

Seriously mate, I actually have no idea what you're talking about now. As usual you're also justifying it with a litanty of factual rubbish. Who average 100? What Juniors draw in "thousands"? Why is that relevant to SPL format anyway, similarly the accession of Inverness + Ross County? Since when has Scotland's population risen? What's elitist?

EDIT: If you mean crowds have only risen due to Inverness + County joining, that's also rubbish.

I'm 100% for a pyramid. I'm not sure why you're using it in discussions about SPL format.

I don't. It can. But not by "back to 1972".

The Danish league setup could work.

The Danish league setup could work.

I.e. abolish the split? It could work, yes: but why would it be desirable or financially beneficial? Everyone playing 3x is more unfair than the current set-up. Everyone losing 2/3 home games isn't helpful.

What I will grant you is that it's far more workable than suggestions of going "back to 1972".

Anyone else worried that FIFA will see this as a grand one-off opportunity to take out one of the Home Nations with all this happening on top of the Team GB fiasco? unsure.gif

I genuinely would be happy to see the SFA and Scottish national team off the map if it meant that we got rid of Rangers. Sure, I'll forever remember watching McFadden spank home the ball from about 85 yards out against a flapping Landreau in a pub with 6 people in it, and the rounds that were dished out for free in celebration, but in all honesty I'm firmly a club over country person. The moments of joy I've had with Rovers over the last six years have eclipsed that by a long way. I can understand why people would be devastated should we lose our footballing identity, but if it meant getting rid of Rangers I'd be all for it.

Tbf, Morton have had the same number of administrations as Rangers!!... 100% integrity? Mmm.

Morton were in administration as the result of an asset-stripper, attempting to close the club down and sell the land off for housing.

Not as a result of overspending to gain a sporting advantage, not as a result of deliberate non-payment of tax, not as a result of dodgy employment contracts, not as a result of any of the other countless violations Rangers are guilty of in either the spirit or the letter of the law.

So... yes. 100% integrity. Carry on.

the documentary presented no incriminating evidence. they claimed they had proof of dual contracts but didn't present any for some reason. the way they presented the quotes from the correspondence between rangers and the agents of papac and watterues was dodgy as well.

i've no idea what five tab thing your going on about and the only billy dodds thing i know is he denied having an EBT but (i) unless he was under oath it's irrelevant (ii) he is a mongo. i might have missed something though as i was abroad from saturday until yesterday.

The data room stuff on the EBT's and whether the BBCSI team had seen them were all on a webpage that had 5 tabs for all the different aspects of stuff they had.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18169501

Sorry it actually had 6 tabs.

I've been following Rangers for years and regularly travel over from Banbridge every weekend to cheer on the Gers. I'm really saddened by the way some of the other clubs in Scotland have been treating us. I really don't understand the hatred towards us.

Is it jealousy?

I don't understand Irish fans crossing the sea with their bigotry and hatred to fuel sectarian feelings in my country. What is your country's fascination with the old firm all about? You would be better off following Man Utd or Liverpool like a lot of your fellow people do. You just add another layer of bile to the ugly shit soup that is prevalent in our game and society. Support football in your own back yard or in England, stop feeding our country's shame.....

1338420478[/url]' post='6289443']

Is it jealousy?

Dear Agent Bernadette: There appears to have been a mistake in your orders. You were told to infiltrate a forum in the persona of an absurd caricature of a Rangers fan and sow dissension. It should have been clear to you that you were supposed to Infiltrate a RANGERS forum.

Instead, you have infiltrated a forum neutral in our great struggle to bring counter-reformation, the house Stuart and Jedward to an independent Scotland. You have wasted time. You have distracted other servants of Lawwell. You have made me waste a precious reddie.

On the plus side, the avatar was good and the patter should get you through the door when you approach the correct target. In particular the random dig at Morton was exactly the type of quick thinking nasty disruptive comment we are looking for.

Remember the task before you Child is to stretch logic beyond the breaking point, endure the unendurable and become the enemy.

Go forth and sin no more