Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yes, football has changed... in a direction which has taken it further from the dreams of the "back to 1972" brigade than ever. Seriously - it'd be utter lunancy for the game to revert to an 18-team league, with no split and 4 fewer matches, where half the teams have nothing to play for by Christmas. And it'd be utter lunacy to go back to League Cup sections. It'd all be a financial and competitive disaster.

People want to pay for games which matter, not glorified training sessions.

That's why the Scottish League Cup had to be saved through the adoption of 1-tie, result-on-the-night football; why splits are ever-more-popular; why play-offs are ever-more-popular; etc. etc.

Everyone knows we have to do something, and with the imminent demise of one arse cheek, the time is now, but we have to be sensible, so lets look at how everyone else does it, and try something different for fucking change. All it needs is for some guys to think a little further ahead than next fucking week, and we might get somewhere.

rant over, i'm off to f**k the missus.:whistle

i can say fucking, but not f**k.:blink:

Edited by Jagsman411971

First time poster, so please treat me gently!

I've been following Rangers for years and regularly travel over from Banbridge every weekend to cheer on the Gers. I'm really saddened by the way some of the other clubs in Scotland have been treating us. I really don't understand the hatred towards us.

Is it jealousy?

AWci0.gif

Most Morton fans I know are also Rangers fans so I don't think your post is representative of your fellow supporters.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That is all

Most Morton fans I know are also Rangers fans so I don't think your post is representative of your fellow supporters.

quite apt that you joined on the day your club look likely to cease to exist biggrin.gif

I've been following Rangers for years and regularly travel over from Banbridge every weekend to cheer on the Gers. I'm really saddened by the way some of the other clubs in Scotland have been treating us. I really don't understand the hatred towards us.

Is it jealousy?

Come on, who's hiding there?

Gave me a wee chuckle tho, whilst I waited on another nail being beaten into the coffin of the dirty bigot cheats, the shame of Scotland.

Is it jealousy?

definitely jealous.

im jealous you dont need to pay taxes and we have to.

im jealous that you dont need to pay for players youve signed and we have to.

im jealous that you dont have to follow SFA rules and we have to.

but......i support a better, more successful less criminal football team so its all swings and roundabouts

Is it jealousy?

Well, I'll be nice if no one else will.

Part of it is probably jealousy. People don't like those who win lots of trophies. It's a small part though: because people especially don't like those who win lots of trophies via cheating. At their expense.

Though there were always reasons to dislike Rangers: the ludicrous anti-Catholic stuff (which the club endorsed until the late 80s, lest we forget...many here can remember that era.) Then there's the condescending attitude to any club 'lower' than Rangers - from the fans, media and club. There's the fact that many consider officials have been partial to your club for decades - not saying it's true, but it's what many feel. There's the fact that all other Scottish teams have had to stand by and watch while all their talent has been hoovered up to sit on the bench at Ibrox. Often for peanuts.

Anyone else think of other stuff? I'm sure there's plenty more.

Nae bother Isabella. They can still turn up to watch the big team once your shower of bigots are wiped off the footballing map.

Tick, tock.

Edited by vikingTON

so another damp squib.

we have some people going out for a drink and an invoice being requested with a specific date.

I think you should check the date on that update. That was last weeks.

Alistair Lamont tweeted an apology for tonights not being posted yet, and hey may be held over until tomorrow. The match is still lit.

Everyone knows we have to do something, and with the imminent demise of one arse cheek, the time is now, but we have to be sensible, so lets look at how everyone else does it, and try something different for fucking change. All it needs is for some guys to think a little further ahead than next fucking week, and we might get somewhere.

Yep... grand. I suggest we do this by looking at what's proved best here - i.e. wrought of experience - and what's proving best in Europe. Where 2x playing leagues are now in the minority, almost 1/4 of top-tiers now have splits, and where only countries with 18/20 are England, Germany, France, Netherlands, Turkey (split), Romania, Italy + Spain.

Going "back to 1972" is based on nought but sepia-tinged nostalgia.

Ah'm away tae get the shoe polish as well -you're at the wind-up pal, EVERYONE wants you out, EVERYONE !