Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Dundee Mad has a thread about Sevco buying Cowden.

Exactly the scenario I visualised/fantasised about a couple of months ago, but I thought, no......they're in trouble but it'll never get that bad!

Cowden just seem so vulnerable, and there's the Findlay connection.

I'd accept that as long as the name was non-negotiable. So Cowdenbeath play at Ibrox. In Rangers' colours, yeah, that's ok too.

Nah, dreaming again....

This is how I see it panning out too. Zombierangers lack the grace or integrity to ever accept playing in the 3rd division so they'll quite happily kill another club to skip a couple of seasons in the wilderness. Cowdenbeath, formed by the amalgamation of Cowdenbeath rangers and thistle, will be split in two. Cowdenbeath rangers will retain the league place while thistle will take all the other assets. Thistle will apply for the vacant SFL spot and rangers will move somewhere without a football club, but crucially with a big-assed stadium. Cowdenbeath rangers will then drop the Cowdenbeath part of their name to reflect their new location, but keep the red lion and football motif from their current badge as well as continuing to play in light blue shirts as a mark of respect to their heritage. Donald Findlay will continue as chairman of the rangers.

Edited by The big chair

Stewart Gilmour thinks a 16 team spl isn't far away.

16 team SPL?

He's changed his tune now rangers are gone. It wasn't that long ago he was backing their plan for a ten team SPL. The suspicious among us might even suggest he is just trying to get his pals back quicker. <_<

Brown demanding that Green show the title deeds is like Trump demanding that Obama show his birth certificate.

He's changed his tune now rangers are gone. It wasn't that long ago he was backing their plan for a ten team SPL. The suspicious among us might even suggest he is just trying to get his pals back quicker. <_<

Gilmour's always been in favour of 16 teams

Edited by Broccoli Dog

Having seen Dundee try and fail on numerous occasions to get out of the dinosaur tar pit that is the First Division (not to mention another administration in the process), perhaps things won't be quite as easy for Sevco as some would expect?

I firmly believe that there will NOT be a share transfer application in on Friday. All the predators will have taken a piece, there is hardly a drop of blood left in the beast that was Rangers. Friday will be the final blow. Chico will Newco2 the Newco and the bones will be flogged off for glue etc. The orcs will be running about ,foaming at the mouth, blaming everyone else but themselves.

Stewart Gilmour thinks a 16 team spl isn't far away.

16 team SPL?

That sounds like an interesting structure, but WTF is he on about backing the zombies to get into SFL1???????????????????????

That'll be my direct debit getting cancelled if that becomes reality as sporting integrity will have gone right out the window for the sake of financial interest.

I firmly believe that there will NOT be a share transfer application in on Friday. All the predators will have taken a piece, there is hardly a drop of blood left in the beast that was Rangers. Friday will be the final blow. Chico will Newco2 the Newco and the bones will be flogged off for glue etc. The orcs will be running about ,foaming at the mouth, blaming everyone else but themselves.

I'm not convinced there will be an application either.

To be honest, I think the SFA and the authorities have clocked Green for what he is now, and would be much happier trying to encourage a fan-run Rangers to try to get into Scottish football in 2013/14.

He was part of the steering group that put forward two leagues of ten.

How does that make it his "personal" opinion??

He was part of a "group" that put forward proposals based on a majority vote!!

If so, that will bring Ticketus back into play: "Where's our fucking money you toerags!"..

Joni Mitchell's song 'The Circle Game' springs to mind

or

'The Magic Roundabout' - isn't that supposed to be about drugs or something

ah, it all makes sense now.

Edited by Wokcomble