Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What I can't understand is why Rangers fans are so up in arms about fans of other clubs and their glee about the announcement of constant nightmare scenarios that pour from Ibrox every day.

Are we to believe the rangers fans wouldn't be doing the same? or are they so blinkered that they wouldn't have recognised any of the other 10 teams who make up the teams outwith the OF.

Can't they see the regard their team held in by other clubs because of the stranglehold it had on the whole of scottish football?

oh and BTW, Sir David still hasn't got nowhere near the thrashing he deserves for what happened to that club. The fact that the next two owners after he stepped down have been donkeys(no offence to donkeys) is the only reason why he isn't getting more grief. (wouldn't surprise me if Murray was a backer of the other 2 muppets!!)

I wouldn't be surprised if Murray had sold the club to Whyte along with a tidy wedge of cash to stick in his wallet to take the flak for the inevitable administration that was over the horizon.

I'm guessing we'll have to wait 'til Whyte's in the dock looking at a 4 year stretch before he realises what he's actually let himself in for before the truth comes out.

Poor guys looking at doing time when he should be on the New Years Honours list and given the freedom of Scotland.

They are still in denial.

Deflecting all blame away from themselves, looking for scapegoats and conspiracies when THEY DID IT TO THEMSELVES.

Well yeah, but surely a level minded fan of any club can see how they have cocked it up, and admit that they deserve the punishment handed out, the other fans glee is just a by product of this unbelievable balls up.

I can't see how the Rangers fans can be so vitriolic towards Whyte(murray to a much lesser extent) and what he has done,essentially admitting that they didn't play by the rules but think the punishment is unfair.

How do they justify replacing a team in the 1st Division as some right that should happen, when they are a new club with no history or standing in scottish football.

The worst thing about the denial is all that trophy/history nonsense. But I suppose they have to cling to something as the way it's going day by day there will be nothing at all left.

Alan McGregor - Rejected switch to newco

Neil Alexander - Out of contract

Scott Gallacher - out of contract

Grant Adam - out of contract

Defenders

Dorin Goian - rumoured to be switching to newco

Kirk Broadfoot - rumoured to be switching to newco

Sasa Papac - out of contract

Lee Wallace - Switching to newco

Steven Whittaker - rejected switch to newco

Carlos Bocanegra - rumoured to be rejecting switch to newco/on verge of signing for Toronto

Ross Perry

Chris Hegary - out of contract

Darren Cole - out of contract

Midfielders

Lee McCulloch - rumoured to be switching to newco

Maurice Edu

Steven Davis - rejected switch to newco

Alejandro Bedoya

John Fleck - rejected switch to newco

Jamie Ness - rejected switch to newco

Salim Kerkar - out of contract

Andrew Mitchell - out of contract

Rhys McCabe - rejected switch to Newco

Kyle Hutton - Switching to Newco

Robbie Crawford

Lewis MacLeod

Barry McKay

Juan Ortiz - rejected switch to newco

Strikers

Kyle Lafferty - rejected switch to newco

Steven Naismith - rejected switch to newco

David Healy - out of contract

Andrew Little - out of contract

Sone Aluko - rejected switch to newco

Kane Hemmings

Kal Naismith

SPL Confirmed nos (5 required)

Hearts

Dundee United

Hibs

Aberdeen

ICT

St Johnstone

SFL1 Confirmed Nos; (8 required)

Raith Rovers

Morton

Falkirk (although with some ambiguity in their statement)

Rumoured SFL1 nos

Peterhead

Livingston

A 16 team SPL would definitely smooth the way for Sevco to get into the First as it eases the fears of clubs worried about missing out on promotion next season......

16 teams has next to no chance of getting through an SPL vote - particularly so if it seems tainted with getting Sevco 5088 into the First. The same fans who did so much last week are still watching. Also, your logic falls down because the clubs confirmed so far in opposition - Morton and Raith - are hardly front-running contenders for promotion. That is not what this is about for either club. At every step all these schemes have to get past member clubs of one league, the other, or probably both. Muddying the waters would hinder this, which is why I don't think there can feasibly be a quickie reconstruction for the newco's benefit. Reconstruction has to be discussed in complete isolation from Sevco 5088.

Suspension (or having no NewCo at all) for at least a year would at least clear things up: allowing a detailed plan for league reconstruction to be considered for 13/14. With or without a phoenix club in the lowest league.

Edited by vikingTON

Apologies if posted already but we are all Turnbull Hutton

"We have been inundated with emails from fans and season-ticket holders. People have said they are holding off on buying season tickets until they find out what is happening with Rangers situation and there are some strong opinions out there, with some supporters of 25 years saying they will not be back at Raith Rovers if we back the Rangers proposals.

"With what is happening with the SPL clubs, it seems to have been punted on to the SFL clubs to solve the problem, a problem which is none of our doing. But, personally, my view was that I would have difficult supporting any move to put Rangers in the First Division given the history of what has happened.

"This is the same Rangers whose supporters threatened to torch our stadium and whose manager demanded that one of our directors was named over his involvement with an SFA judicial panel, which resulted in TV cameras camping outside his door and threats being made by various outlandish factions.

"We also had Sandy Jardine publicly calling for repercussions for those clubs who have not supported Rangers. Given that, how could I, as an individual, be expected to roll over and have my tummy tickled by some inducement to allow Rangers to come into the First Division? I gave my opinion to the board on Monday night and the board had a position which was not in any way different from my own.

"That does not mean if and when there is a meeting of the SFL clubs and a vote that the outcome will go the way we want it to go. I imagine some clubs will see some short-term advantage to be had.

"But if long-term you cheese off your season-ticket holders and supporters and backers is it worth it? Do you sell your position for 30 pieces of silver for some short-term advantage or take the moral high ground? From our point of view, there should be an application from Rangers to come into the SFL in the Third Division and that is something that would, I think, be supported by all league clubs."

Legendary

No fudge. No sporting integrity versus economic necessity. Telling it like it really is. You fûcked about with us so now we do the same to you. Good man. I would hope the Rovers get a good reception everywhere they play next season. :)

It gets even better found this on twitter

Tony McKelvie@TonyMcKelvieSo Morton have joined Raith, Peterhead, Falkirk, Partick and Livi in saying No to Sevco. 6 down, 2 to go. Not looking promising...

Must have missed the Peterhead statement. Where did this info come from?

i hope so. However, much as i abhor the 11 to 1 vote, he is wrong to suggest that enlarging the SPL is being held up by the exOF, the other clubs in the SPL have been complicit in blocking this because they wanted the 4 fixtures against the cheeks each season. Hopefully this recent awareness of the folly of that policy will enable us to get a proper league.

His proposal would still give 4 fixtures against OF for many clubs...

It's essentially a slightly tweaked version of the 14-team SPL (difference being 2 extra clubs and 3 splits creating 36/40/40 or similar not 36/40, in terms of games).

That said... we've already got several SFL1 clubs saying they won't take carrots to let Rangers into SFL1, and on previous evidence you'd wonder how many SPL clubs share Gilmour's view.

Litmus test will be if SPL clubs agree to offer 14/16-team SPL, with 4x playing/splits/EL play-offs. It's not what fans think 16 means, but might SFL1 clubs change stance?

Liam McLeod@BBCLiamMcLeod #Rangers say Kyle Hutton has committed to the newco

We had Hutton at Firhill for the 1st part of last season. Good player and no coincidence that our form dipped the minute he went back to Ipox, that said he didnt seem to do a lot at the Pars in the 2nd part of the season. He could easily get a English Championship club. Surprised he has committed, though he will probably be guaranteed a game every week now

So in other words... Gilmour backs putting Rangers into SFL1 - then ensuring they'll be back in SPL next season by ensuring the Top 4 go up :lol:?

His plan would have to overcome numerous hurdles anyway. Several clubs ardently back 10-team SPL (including Hibs, Aberdeen, St Johnstone) and few backed even 14. Celtic don't want a 40-game season. SFA want 10-team SPL. Clubs at the bottom get 36 games while bigger sides get 40. Having completed a 40-game season for top clubs you've then EL play-offs ontop.

And Gilmour probably won't even be at St Mirren next season.

I only read the section of the article relating to the proposed structure, not his opinion's regarding NewCo in SFL1. Please consider my praise of Gilmour null and void!

With the financial losses caused by Rangers demise I'd think any expansion has reduced in liklihood, but it'd be to 14 (36/40) if it was to happen.

Not to detract too much from the laughing at Rangers towards too much discussion over league reconstruction, but your suggestion (6/8 split) and Gilmour's (6/6/4) both suffer from the problem of having to stretch the EL play offs down to 7th in the league somehow.

The 16 (4/6/6) split avoids this problem, making European play offs much more viable. This is the main reason I back this structure over the various other workable solutions posted over the years.

However Gilmour's idea does hold fundemental what Scottish football must always retain... split, 4x playing, EL play-offs, high 30s/40 league games.

Amen to that. The "back to the 60s/70s" time machine brigade would get football in Scotland cancelled. How long before someone suggests League Cup group stages!

It gets even better found this on twitter

Tony McKelvie@TonyMcKelvie So Morton have joined Raith, Peterhead, Falkirk, Partick and Livi in saying No to Sevco. 6 down, 2 to go. Not looking promising...

He must know more than we fans do!!!!