Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Congrats guys this is a 95% victory for he good guys

the cockwombles tried to get sevco 5088/scotland (whichever they are going by today) parachuted into the SPL then SFL1

they really should have had to apply for SFL3 but considering the previous line this is a victory for football

so are we sticking around for BDO and the sticky stuff?

I think they will gamble that they will get out of the 3rd at the first attempt and run with any debts and then further on knowing that in 3 years they will be back in the SPL and they can easily settle any accumulation.

Will that be allowed to happen though ?

A closer analogue might be what kind of crowds the OF clubs get when third divison sides visit for cup duty. As a starting point at least. I recall when Dumbarton knocked the Rover sout of the cup a few years back they were 'rewarded' (in the loosest sense) with a trip to Celtic park. Far from the 50k fans they might of expected, the total crowd was 18,000. Still substantial but it does imply a difference in interest.

Now, I imagine that over, possibly the first and maybe even the second round of games, that the sevco crowd will be relatively healthy, once the novelty wears off you may see a roll off in crowds. Particularly if Sevco aren't winning games by healthy margins each week - which if they go down the kids route (talented though they might be) is not impossible.

I can definately see John "Bomber" Brown & Charles Green fighting in the Players Lounge at Broadwood after an away defeat now ! biggrin.gif

I think they will gamble that they will get out of the 3rd at the first attempt and run with any debts and then further on knowing that in 3 years they will be back in the SPL and they can easily settle any accumulation.

To incur debts, you need a financier willing to give you credit. Does Sevco have such a financier? Remember they couldn't find a bank willing to provide them with direct debit facilities, let alone a letter of credit.

What were Livi's crowds like in the Third? Closest analogue we have.

[edit] Average crowd was half what it is in the first.

:lol:

This is the digital age. ;)

As for Dundee being Club 12, I can't argue with the decision.

Hope Pars make a push this year and they have more than 1 promotion place to play for.

As a Ross County fan, this pleases me tremendously. As a fan of a healthy SPL (ha!) it does too - the Dundee derby is of far more interest to far more people than Dundee United versus Rangers. As a fan of financial fair play, the sense of irony isn't lost. But yes, welcome Dundee.

In order to have debts you need credit, they have none, no banks will give them credit. And the tax man will want paid in advance! The new club will be lucky to finish this season without entering administration again immediately after the old club has been officially liquidated.laugh.gif

What will happen now regarding their name and colours?

If they continue as The Rangers playing in blue, it's not surprising that some knuckle-draggers won't know the difference. Or choose to ignore the difference.

To incur debts, you need a financier willing to give you credit. Does Sevco have such a financier? Remember they couldn't find a bank willing to provide them with direct debit facilities, let alone a letter of credit.

They are in discussion with an organisation called TicketUs. We will have to see how that pans out.

I'm a bit conflicted about Dundee being promoted. Delighted to have derbies back but Dunfermline are hard done by. Rangers cheating last season directly affecting them. Oldco should have been relegated and sevco having to apply for vacant place in 3rd once they were liquidated. Hope dunfline financially benefit from their derbies in the 1st.

I'm a bit conflicted about Dundee being promoted. Delighted to have derbies back but Dunfermline are hard done by. Rangers cheating last season directly affecting them. Oldco should have been relegated and sevco having to apply for vacant place in 3rd once they were liquidated. Hope dunfline financially benefit from their derbies in the 1st.