Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The SFL will now need to change most of the dates of Sevco FC home fixtures due to them being on the same day as most of Celtic's home fixtures. dry.gif I wonder how much those Sevco FC fans will enjoy watching their club play Sunday football every fortnight?

And because of them, every other Third Division club is affected by them!

Edited by Itwiznaeme

So is there no plans to change the fixture schedule? I can't say I'm looking forward to swapping Sunday games with United.

Well we are scheduled to play at home on the same day 9 times before the split.

Simmer down.

I've already looked at it, it's fine.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=167655&view=findpost&p=6417836

There's a couple of occasions when one game is likely to move for TV anyway.

A couple are midweek (someone plays Tuesday or Thursday).

One is vulnerable to League Cup SFs.

And who knows someone might make headway into the Europa League.

Each club will move to Sunday a few times. No big deal. No question of any fixture list re-writes.

Chalres Patterson on SSN "Rangers play Brechin a week on Saturday in the Ramsdens Challenge Cup. What a come down for the 54 times champions of Scotland".

laugh.gif Wut?laugh.gif As far as I'm aware they have never played a game on Scottish soil.

I understood it being Sevco away to Stennie.

Sevco replace Stranraer in the league and surely that would extend to Ramsdens Cup?

What will happen now regarding their name and colours?

If they continue as The Rangers playing in blue, it's not surprising that some knuckle-draggers won't know the difference. Or choose to ignore the difference.

Well if the wee bird legal eagle that was on Newsnight a few months ago is correct BDO will tell them that they cannot use the name Rangers as it is too close to the previous trading name. They could only use it if it represented the place the club came from hence why Airdrie and Wimbledon kept that part of their names. Just hope she is 100% right!!

Chalres Patterson on SSN "Rangers play Brechin a week on Saturday in the Ramsdens Challenge Cup. What a come down for the 54 times champions of Scotland".

laugh.gif Wut?laugh.gif As far as I'm aware they have never played a game on Scottish soil.

Sevco are not the "54 times champions of Scotland", that club was called Rangers & they are being liquidated.

What strips & club ensign will they have by Saturday week?

The SFL will now need to change most of the dates of Sevco FC home fixtures due to them being on the same day as most of Celtic's home fixtures. dry.gif I wonder how much those Sevco FC fans will enjoy playing Sunday football every fortnight? And because of them, every other Third Division club is affected by them!

No they won't, there are only 3 clashes during the whole season, all early: 1st September, 22nd September, 10th November.

Further all 3 will see Celtic playing Sunday anyway if in EL QR4 or Groups.

Next thing to address - will 'The Rangers FC' get away with trading under that name. Was something not mentioned a while back about this being challenged?

RFC shareholders were asked to vote on changing the club name to RFC 2012, so that Sevco could pull a Buffalo Bill on the Oldco corpse.

Next thing to address - will 'The Rangers FC' get away with trading under that name. Was something not mentioned a while back about this being challenged?

Yeah, also still the outcome of the dual contacts, EBT's and the SFA appeals

Still a lot to come from old Rangers, their public humiliation is far from over.

Hmmm i'm not sure what to make of this in all honesty.

The Good Stuff

• Dundee derbies again
  • A sort of derby with St Johnstone
  • Bigger crowds, bigger games
  • We can make some decent money this season and use it to pay football debts from our last clusterfuck
  • Sevco are fucked into a cocked hat
  • DundeeBarry and LiamDFC posting in the SPL forum

The Bad Stuff

• We'll get pumped regularly in said derbies
  • We'll get pumped by Saints
  • We'll get pumped regularly in front of bigger crowds by bigger teams
  • Our financial history is hardly a beacon of integrity and we'll get rightly ripped for it
  • Sevco didn't get fucked into a non-league cocked hat
  • Seeing whatever Derrydode's new alias is arguing with almost anyone will be fucking toe curling and Iron Chicken's potential return.

Conclusion

Falkirk, Y U No finish second?

Edited by jupe1407

So the Div 1 board loses Dundee, Queens and County fans, and gets Dunfermline, Cowdenbeth and Airdrie instead?

Fucking hell - the average IQ has just dropped a barrel load. Division 1 Board = cultural wasteland.

I would imagine Yorkston will be looking for the SPL to present the factors that led to their decision.

Most Pars fans I have spoken to would prefer the first but understand the clubs stance that they may take action if they feel the decision raised was questionable. Given how quiet Yorkston usually is can we all expect some nice quiet times ahead??:rolleyes:

FWIW I think that the Pars should ask for clarity on how the decision was reached, and if there's nothing significantly dodgy (i.e the decision based purely on the £ Dundee would bring in compared to the Pars) then just move on...as other have said games against Falkirk and Raith will help the blow and Jeffries can maybe get on with building a team!