Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I am a big fan of American Football and agree that the principle of "giving the best to the worst in the hope of levelling the playing field" is a great concept. Hard to get it working in football though as the NFL is the biggest gig in town and thereby attracts all the best players from college no way could Scottish Football compete and the labour laws in Europe wouldn't allow the type of agreement that the NFL and players have with the Collective Bargaining. Pity as I would like to see the convergence of the teams on a financial and ability level.

No - I agree. We can't have drafts and collective bargaining. Although Super League has a salary cap in rugby, so it can be done.

The point really is that Scottish football has been horribly exposed this summer as corrupt. And that's a stain the game can't recover from.

MK Dons (like Livingston) are a new club using the legal registration of a previously existing club. Wimbledon are the original club, now under a new registration.

I think I'm done with this bit of the thread now, I'll keep checking back to see whether there's any actual news.

Wimbledon FC played in Milton Keynes until the end of the 2003/2004 season and were then rebranded as MK Dons. It wasn't until 2007 that MK Dons renounced any claim to Wimbledon FC's honours and these were donated to Merton Borough.

AFC Wimbledon are not the original club under a new registration, they are a fan formed team who by their own admission on their website only claim the honours of Wimbledon FC in spirit.

"The supporters of AFC Wimbledon believe that our clubis a continuation of the spirit which formed Wimbledon Old Centrals in 1889 andkept Wimbledon Football Club alive until May 2002. We consider that a footballclub is not simply the legal entity which controls it, but that it is thecommunity formed by the fans and players working towards a common goal. Wetherefore reproduce the honours won by what we believe was, and will always be,'our' club, in our community"

The outcome of the EBT investigation was deliberately shelved (perhaps in the hope it would all go away on its own)

Do you expect to ever see a conclusion of this investigation?

I don't.

I am a big fan of American Football and agree that the principle of "giving the best to the worst in the hope of levelling the playing field" is a great concept. Hard to get it working in football though as the NFL is the biggest gig in town and thereby attracts all the best players from college no way could Scottish Football compete and the labour laws in Europe wouldn't allow the type of agreement that the NFL and players have with the Collective Bargaining. Pity as I would like to see the convergence of the teams on a financial and ability level.

I'm also a big NFL fan and attend games at Wembley and in the USA. The draft system works well because the NFL only exists in the 'bubble' that is the USA. American football is of course played outwith the USA, but at a level which is like comparing a weekend club golfer in his monthly medal to Tiger Woods playing in the Masters.

Go Broncos by the way.

Looking for a wee favour....

I've been away for a week and this thread seems to have exploded again!

Any chance of a wee cheeky summary of the last ten days.

Willing to bribe with the hughies!

Basically a week of tedious nit picking by pedants, ignoramuses,

half cocked cocks and fuckwits.

This thread has been shite too.

I don't.

Would you be surprised if, after they take their place in SFL3, the SFA found no case to answer, or some clause in their rules stating that the statute of limitations had expired?

I wouldn't.

So with the news the Beattie and Black are training with the Orcs, anyone fancy a wee bet on Craig Levein becoming the first international manager to pick a striker from the lowest division available?

How can The Cheating b*****ds / The Sevconians afford them if Hearts can't afford them !?

Because Hearts are up to their necks drowning in debt due not living within their means financially, The Cheating b*****ds / The Sevconians are living within their means financially and have no debt. The fact that Hearts cannot afford them is their own doing due to them having too much debt! wink.gifph34r.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

I don't.

It's as if the SFA have decided to tell Rangers they need to get some titles stripped merely to placate the bloodthirsty mob - whether they should be stripped or not!

And that's one of the most incredible things about this saga and how it's been handled - actual corruption aside (I laughed as I typed that), the authorities and it seems the SPL clubs have at every turn, got it spectacularly wrong when trying to follow "what the fans want". I am sure that many want to see Rangers suffer and die, when what everyone wants is merely to see them treated and dealt with in the same way that the rest of us would be.

Can someone find out if Wings Over Scotland is actually an alias of Beyemistic? He's doing that "reply to posts you think you have a chance with and ignore the rest" approach.

I think he's a bit disconcerted that after The Scotsman kindly put him right on his mistaken "scoop" about the TV money, and he ungraciously called them thieves and fools on his blog, he's finding everyone on here agreeing with the Scotsman.

Basically, nothing happening = thread going to the dogs.

Basically a week of tedious nit picking by pedants, ignoramuses,

half cocked cocks and fuckwits.

This thread has been shite too.

For the sake of transparency I think you should name them. :lol:

Fat Sally refusing to accept any title stripping

SFL trying to strike tv deal.

SPL want some of that.

Brian Kennedy back in play.

No he's not.

Rangers have no SFA membership yet.

Sally trying to sign big stars.

Sevco change to THE RANGERS on 31st.

Whyte, Green and King all met in Zurich (maybe)

I'm sure I've missed some things.

Their history won't somehow disappear in a collective mind melt.

Nope: it is liquidated with what's left of the old company. How can you still not get this?

So people at large generally accept that Gretna 2008 are Gretna? That AFC Wimbledon won the FA Cup with Vinnie Jones? That Clydebank have always played junior football and that Airdrieonians had a bit of a temporary liquidity problem?

Yes, back in the days when folk played football while still wearing their monocles these things happened all the time and nobody batted an eyelid. But in the modern age if a team is wound up and resurrected people are always going to remember that.

100% correct. The attempted revisionism on this, based on precedents from 100 years ago, is absolutely ludicrous. In the modern age not one of these reformed entities are credibly held up to be the OldCo.

Nope: it is liquidated with what's left of the old company. How can you still not get this?

100% correct. The attempted revisionism on this, based on precedents from 100 years ago, is absolutely ludicrous. In the modern age not one of these reformed entities are credibly held up to be the OldCo.

Please, everyone. Can we agree to disagree on this?

It serves no purpose to keep going over the same ground.

We all* know what we WANT to happen but we can't influence it.

If anyone has an idea how we COULD influence it, please say

or forever haud yer wheesht.

Respect :)

* Sevco fans excluded of course.

Please, everyone. Can we agree to disagree on this?

It serves no purpose to keep going over the same ground.

We all* know what we WANT to happen but we can't influence it.

If anyone has an idea how we COULD influence it, please say

or forever haud yer wheesht.

Respect :)

* Sevco fans excluded of course.

No we can't. The facts are clear.

The Rangers Newco is not a continuation of the old club, it is merely a continuation of the old club.

Glad I could clear it up. ;)

I'm also a big NFL fan and attend games at Wembley and in the USA. The draft system works well because the NFL only exists in the 'bubble' that is the USA. American football is of course played outwith the USA, but at a level which is like comparing a weekend club golfer in his monthly medal to Tiger Woods playing in the Masters.

Go Broncos by the way.

Yeah its telling that the second best level of grid iron is college level. Hope Manning does it for you this year. But Go Colts, GO Andrew Luck!!!! BTW. Manning will be back to Indy to retire a colt.;)

Sadly, there will always be two teams in the west of Scotland which are supported by extreme elements of the religious divide. Even if Celtic and Rangers both died and their stadiums pulled down another two would emerge. For Scottish football's sake I would love it if they could play in the English leagues. Sadly, for the sake of Scotland these idiots can't be relocated. I wonder if, in 100 years time our country is still poisoned by this bile.

Sorry, wee dark cloud over my head just now. :(