Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I doubt Dean Shiels is cynical enough to sign purely for the cash. There is no guarantee that this club/company/whatever will stay in business long enough to pay him.

Who could possibly deny him the sporting glory of being part of a gang of full-time mercenaries, bravely competing week after week to overcome the formidable opposition of teams of part-timers and amateurs?

I suspect it is more likely that it has been a childhood dream of his to play in the lowest division in Scottish football for a disgraced and morally bankrupt institution, fronted by a shady wheeler-dealer from Sheffield on behalf of some mysterious investors.

As a kid, he probably used to lie awake at night dreaming of how glorious it would be to score the winner in the World Cup final against Brazil at the Maracanã, or the thrill of getting drenched on the pitch in late July, waiting for extra time of a Ramsden's cup first round tie against Brechin.

Sadly, he signed too late to fulfil that last ambition, but who amongst us can genuinely say that we too have not dreamed of turning down a chance to play in the SPL or English leagues so that we could enjoy the buzz of anticipation as we get on the team bus to head to Annan for the eagerly contested New Year fixture on an artificial pitch.

I hate Rangers but for £7k a week I'd give it serious consideration........

Exactly. I'd be giving it the 'flute' celebrations after every goal for that kind of money. Until I was made redundant or refused to TUPE to the newnewco.

So – as you'd expect when you work nowhere near feckin Glasgow there are quite a few Sevco fans around and I've just had a couple of chats about the wages being offered …

First guy just shrugged his shoulders and said if the money's there then spend it, I pointed out that the league would be a cake walk even if they paid just a fraction of that and his answer was that this squad would have to navigate the Second Division as well huh.gif

Anyhoo – thinking he was just a zoomer I asked another Sevco fan (senior management) for his view and he reckons Green is going for the Scottish Cup and European qualification wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif

(I know, I told him 1eye.gif )

He looks after old people ? Fucken brilliant

Does he organise the bingo for the geriatrics ?

When we signed the Gretna contingency a few years back and the debate about their wages came to light, i don't remember anyone saying well thats what they were on before , everyone was basically saying it was foolhardy to pay those wages and questioning how as a club we could afford that.

There were other concerns about them being good enough to receive that and would it pose problems for the other squad members when it was their contract renewals etc. Thankfully we are now working on a more realistic wage structure but full time football in the first will eventually come to an end.

What the Zombies are doing is beyond stupidity.

They could have gotten good 1st division players on a 1/10th of that wage to win the 3rd and 2nd division, what it is highlighting is how poor a manager McCoist is.

That's it - I'm scunnered and I give up.

I can't bear the thought of the Buns signing SPL standard players and playing them in the Third Division, but if they can afford it, what the f**k can we do about it? If they can't, they'll go out of business.

I know that jealousy is part of the reason why I feel let down, because I know that we will never be able to pay players a tiny percentage of what Shiels, Wallace, Goiam etc are on, but I have three choices:

- keep throwing the rattle out of my pram, and keep grumbling in vain at the sheer unfairness of the whole situation (pointless and soul-destroying)

- give up on football altogether (can't do it, and anyway it's not Forfar's fault (well, I suppose they could have voted to chuck the great unwashed out of the league altogether, but then only one team did that)

- keep supporting the Loons, and ignore the cnuts.

I'm going to opt for the third option. So long BRA/L thread and the 3rd Division forum - think I'll be sticking to the 2nd Division forum. It was fun while it lasted, but the b**tards have won. I'm looking forward to Forfar doing well in the League, and maybe having a wee cup run.

Wonder what the crowd against East Fife will be on Saturday. Even at this early stage i cannot see 40/50 thousand turning up. Under 20 thousand and it will be an early warning sign. The away games will have more appeal.

Any updates on how many season tickets have been sold

I can't bear the thought of the Buns signing SPL standard players and playing them in the Third Division, but if they can afford it, what the f**k can we do about it? If they can't, they'll go out of business.

I know that jealousy is part of the reason why I feel let down, because I know that we will never be able to pay players a tiny percentage of what Shiels, Wallace, Goiam etc are on, but I have three choices:

- keep throwing the rattle out of my pram, and keep grumbling in vain at the sheer unfairness of the whole situation (pointless and soul-destroying)

- give up on football altogether (can't do it, and anyway it's not Forfar's fault (well, I suppose they could have voted to chuck the great unwashed out of the league altogether, but then only one team did that)

I'm going to opt for the third option. So long BRA/L thread and the 3rd Division forum - think I'll be sticking to the 2nd Division forum. It was fun while it lasted, but the b**tards have won. I'm looking forward to Forfar doing well in the League, and maybe having a wee cup run.

Here's a fourth option. At all home games preceeding you meeting Sevco, yourself and other Forfar fans shout to your team, telling them to kick seven colours of shite out of Sevco when they meet them. Black and McCulloch will see red cards in jig time... and only St Mirren are hapless enough to fail to beat a 9 man Sevco.

Did we ever find out who that was? I reckoned Clyde. Didn't Forfar vote Yes along with Accies, QoS, Falkirk and one other?

Wonder what the crowd against East Fife will be on Saturday. Even at this early stage i cannot see 40/50 thousand turning up. Under 20 thousand and it will be an early warning sign. The away games will have more appeal.

It's not on Saturday - previously moved to Tue 7th

Edit: And Cevco's site say Club Deck will not be opened.

Edited by Claymores

The move to a Tuesday night has not been well received by East Fife fans.

Many of us with work commitments can't make the Tuesday, myself included

Did we ever find out who that was? I reckoned Clyde. Didn't Forfar vote Yes along with Accies, QoS, Falkirk and one other?

It definitely wasn't us. Didn't stop a couple of journalists claiming it was though.

I doubt Dean Shiels is cynical enough to sign purely for the cash. There is no guarantee that this club/company/whatever will stay in business long enough to pay him.

Who could possibly deny him the sporting glory of being part of a gang of full-time mercenaries, bravely competing week after week to overcome the formidable opposition of teams of part-timers and amateurs?

I suspect it is more likely that it has been a childhood dream of his to play in the lowest division in Scottish football for a disgraced and morally bankrupt institution, fronted by a shady wheeler-dealer from Sheffield on behalf of some mysterious investors.

As a kid, he probably used to lie awake at night dreaming of how glorious it would be to score the winner in the World Cup final against Brazil at the Maracanã, or the thrill of getting drenched on the pitch in late July, waiting for extra time of a Ramsden's cup first round tie against Brechin.

Sadly, he signed too late to fulfil that last ambition, but who amongst us can genuinely say that we too have not dreamed of turning down a chance to play in the SPL or English leagues so that we could enjoy the buzz of anticipation as we get on the team bus to head to Annan for the eagerly contested New Year fixture on an artificial pitch.

Out of Charlie Greens today but well played, sir.

The move to a Tuesday night has not been well received by East Fife fans.

Many of us with work commitments can't make the Tuesday, myself included

Is Tuesday night the only night that you know the hoose is empty?:D Pass on the tip to some other b & e expert and get to the game ;)

It simply beggars belief !!

Perhaps its an indication of how little confidence Green has in McCoist ?

When can Sevco next buy players .... Christmas next year ? Probably half way through a Second Division season ? Is this the result of Green thinking the leagues will be restructured ?

It's just utterly bonkers !!

Mibbe they're planning to win the Scottish Cup, and get back into Europe via the Cup Winners' Cup. Is there no' still a wee financial problem there? :P

From @STV Keith on Twitter:

Robbie Savage has tweeted that he'll be speaking to Ally McCoist tomorrow about a possible emergency move to Rangers.

laugh.gif

Let's hope so, just another hammer throwing liability to suck up the cash at an alarming rate.:lol:

On the subject of the wages being paid and the players they're looking to employ, in a way it's not surprising. Their logic will be that they have to be placed to win successive promotions before they get another window. It's entirely consistent with everything we know about this club that they'll want to leave nothing to chance. The last thing their fans will want is a fair fight.

They should utterly walk the divisions, despite what we saw on Sunday.

However, without selling an awful lot of tickets, another insolvency event must be a possibility.

It's typical of a Rangers mentality that they'd rather again risk their very existence than risk losing some of their football matches.