Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Alex Thomson is using the channel 4 website to publish his blog.

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/

Clearly a sub domain of the main website, does this irritate you too?

However much you like the stuff that Thomson is putting out (I am assuming you do, apologies if this is not the case) you must at least notice that all his work follows 1 club, he never blogs about Say hearts and the Romanov saga, it always seems to be Rangers or stories involving Rangers, its hard to accept that his motives are thus impartial, I think he is now having a go at Traynor due to his new position.

Both of these blogs are utterly pathetic, they would not look out of place if they were written on this thread, fine for random nobodies like us but for the head of Rangers communication along with a well respected war correspondent it seems totally beneath them.

Thomson started well a year or so ago but he has been well and truly sucked in to the pettiness of it all.

Really, Tedi?

In his 22 years on the programme he has covered 20 wars, across the Gulf, the Balkans, Africa and Afganistan – and he regularly presents the programme. Alex has lead the programme’s coverage of key news stories, including the 1994 Chinook helicopter crash on the Mull of Kintyre and Bloody Sunday, for which he won a Royal Television Society award in 1997.

Before joining Channel 4 News, Alex worked for BBC in Northern Ireland. He has written books about India and the Gulf War and writes a regular column for Press Gazette.

All the stuff he's done about (and from) Syria - just a hobby?

Meanwhile, you and the rest of the Horde put your faith in Jabba and Chuckie. Let us know how that works out for you. If you're still here when The The rangers start up.

I know I really shouldn't but I'll bite - partly because I've a horrible feeling you are being serious and are not on the wind-up.

I've been a journalist at a local paper for just over six years. With the exception of advertising features (where someone is paying you to write positive copy about their business) I have never sent anyone I was writing a story about the article in advance - not for copy approval, not so they can't deny the article at a later date and not in a bid to extract more information from them. On occasion I have given someone the gist of a story over the phone or in an e-mail, but not the full thing. As far as I am aware none of my colleagues have ever done this or been told to do this by the boss.

Before I got this job I studied journalism at university for four years (a waste of time but that's beside the point). None of the lecturers ever suggested sending articles out in advance so someone can't deny it or in a bid to get more information. Neither did any of the prominent guest speakers we had - which included Kate Adie, Brian Taylor and Bob Bird, who was editor of the Scottish News of the World at the time. It didn't even come up in media ethics when we were talking about copy approval - the general message being not to do it.

Who knows, maybe things are different in the nationals or at the Record, maybe it's a wee trick Traynor stumbled upon, but I'm surprised that in more than 10 years of either learning about journalism or being a journalist the first I've heard of a tactic that is apparently so common that apparently you're not doing your job if you don't use it was in a pathetic blog post last night.

Thanks for the reply anyway, it did sound plausible but if you're not in the trade yourself then it can be hard to judge.

From Motherwells AGM

The prospects for the current year would “continue to be tough”. Derek Weir felt that the club (and other SPL clubs too) had been let down by the fans who had influenced the vote over the summer with the promise of increasing attendances – it hasn’t happened. The club will be asking for use of the Society’s overdraft facility in March.

http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/motherwell_agm_107_held_at_fir_park_783300/index.shtml

We did try and warn certain people that all wasn't as it seemed but ...........

From Motherwells AGM

The prospects for the current year would “continue to be tough”. Derek Weir felt that the club (and other SPL clubs too) had been let down by the fans who had influenced the vote over the summer with the promise of increasing attendances – it hasn’t happened. The club will be asking for use of the Society’s overdraft facility in March.

http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/motherwell_agm_107_held_at_fir_park_783300/index.shtml

Deliberately ignoring wrongdoing out of personal interest, especially financial interest, is called "corruption".

When you guys trot this "You've endangered your clubs by treating Rangers in exactly the way it should've been treated" line out, you're saying that the SPL should've corrupted itself (even further) out of self-interest. You're advocating more corruption.

Thommo makes a good point at the end of the interview " no one ever ran a slide rule over sir Craig's financial situation before he took over the club". Has anyone ever done this with chuckies situation? I have never heard anyone say he even has magic beans, never mind "off the radar wealth". The only thing I have heard was that he had 20 investors that wanted to put their ££££ into SEVCO. This then turned out to be a lie as we all know. He did in fact have only 3 investors. ( a bit like the story of "the queue of international players lining up to join SEVCO"). It seems the fans are being led up the same old again. The problem with them is they are so fkn thick they are believing it all over again. Hell mend them then, when the same shit happens again and everyone's telling them, we feckin told you so. Maybe today they should reflect back on what has happened and start asking questions instead of just trusting the likes of Jabba and Chuck.

(To all the SEVCO fans out there, I apologise for pointing out the bleeding obvious, but you are pretty stupid)

From Motherwells AGM

That's pretty outrageous mate and besides the clubs would've had virtually no one through their gates as I for one would've completely turned my back on all scottish football especially if Hearts had voted to let Newco Rangers join the league in the top flight. If this had been suggested in another country we'd have pointed and laughed at how bent they were. Instead we have somehow ended up with The Rangers supporters hating our governing bodies and every club in the land for attempting one of the biggest carve ups in the history of sport in this country. The Rangers newco almost got away with a heist of almost breathtaking proportions yet its the rest of us who are the wankers.

From Motherwells AGM

I never thought there was a "promise" of increased attendances.

I thought there was a promise that if rangers were voted into the SPL/SFL1 the attendances would be reduced due to the fans disgruntlement and smelling the proverbial rat at work.

Deliberately ignoring wrongdoing out of personal interest, especially financial interest, is called "corruption".

When you guys trot this "You've endangered your clubs by treating Rangers in exactly the way it should've been treated" line out, you're saying that the SPL should've corrupted itself (even further) out of self-interest. You're advocating more corruption.

How many SPLers bought into shite like this, how many complainers were actually what they claimed to be?

Reality is slowly dawning on the SPlers now......

This is the sort of shit that Thomson should have stuck to. Actual revelatory stuff which is backed up.

We already knew all of this about Jim Traynor, and it stands to reason that a disgraced journalist be in a position at a disgraced football club.

Agreed,when Thomson was starting out his new venture regarding Rangers tax revelations,i said in his first ever blog that he doesn't have a clue what he's letting himself in for,he later admitted as much himself.

Toms getting a bit fussy these days, whyte was in charge of the club, he shouldnt have been but he was. The fans have accepted this, we may not like it but we can't and won't whitewash it. Maybe the club should look more at the Whyte spell as well as looking to future.

Craig whyte should be hounded for any money owed to creditors, Tom knows this well enough but in his usual style he manages to get digs in at both Rangers fans and them.

He does love winding folk up.

That's pretty outrageous mate and besides the clubs would've had virtually no one through their gates as I for one would've completely turned my back on all scottish football especially if Hearts had voted to let Newco Rangers join the league in the top flight. If this had been suggested in another country we'd have pointed and laughed at how bent they were. Instead we have somehow ended up with The Rangers supporters hating our governing bodies and every club in the land for attempting one of the biggest carve ups in the history of sport in this country. The Rangers newco almost got away with a heist of almost breathtaking proportions yet its the rest of us who are the wankers.

This reversal of what was actually said has been a staple of OrcTalk for some time now, joining "we wanted to play in D3" and "we always knew Whyte was a wrong 'un" in their special version of history.

They continue to try the Lenin/Goebbels propaganda line but, like their director of blogging and internet bampottery communications, they forget that rational humans have better memories, and internet histories to check (Not Craig's, since he paid to have it deleted ;) ). In this case,

The more a lie is repeated, the stupider the liars appear.

Another old saying would have it that this is History being relived as Farce. Strangely enough, I didn't find Craigy Boy's rule all that much of a tragedy. Perhaps we should amend the saying to "First as farce, and a second time as soap opera", given the longevity of this particular show - with no end point in sight.

By TOM ENGLISH

Published on Thursday 14 February 2013 00:00

Not that anybody needs to look at a calendar to check, but today marks the first anniversary of Rangers entering administration.

To mark the event, there have been various retellings of this grim story

in the media this week, Rangers getting in on the act themselves with a

documentary – The Rising – airing tonight.

The in-house version of events might be worth a look if only to figure

out how they managed to dress up the humiliation of their recent past

and turn it into a positive. The Rising? It’s a little too early to say,

don’t you think?

While we’re in reflective mood, this is my take on one aspect of what

has happened at Rangers. Some wish to call them Sevco, but I don’t. They

play in blue, they play at Ibrox, they draw massive crowds, they are

the source of the same kind of obsession from across the city as they

always have been, so they are Rangers. If they were a new club, then

Celtic people would ignore them, but they don’t and they can’t and they

never will.

But here’s the thing about acknowledging them as Rangers. Same club,

same history, but same unpaid debt and, therefore, same disgrace. That

hasn’t gone away. That stays. Charles Green takes the good stuff and

torches the bad, he walks away from millions of pounds worth of debt

(newco when it suits him) and then acclaims Rangers’ supposed newfound

wealth.

One year has passed since they went into administration and nobody

should forget why it happened. It happened because Rangers brazenly

refused to pay a bill to the taxman of upwards of £15 million and there

is no amount of Green bluster that will wipe that from the record.

Decent enough piece by Tom but why ignore that it was Whyte that took that decision not Charles Green.

Decent enough piece of C&P, Tedi, but why not emphasise this bit?

but same unpaid debt and, therefore, same disgrace. That

hasn’t gone away. That stays. Charles Green takes the good stuff and

torches the bad, he walks away from millions of pounds worth of debt

(newco when it suits him) and then acclaims Rangers’ supposed newfound

wealth.

Happy Admin Day. Hope Bennett and Bendarroch got you a card.

From Motherwells AGM

The prospects for the current year would “continue to be tough”. Derek Weir felt that the club (and other SPL clubs too) had been let down by the fans who had influenced the vote over the summer with the promise of increasing attendances – it hasn’t happened. The club will be asking for use of the Society’s overdraft facility in March.http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/motherwell_agm_107_held_at_fir_park_783300/index.shtml

I thought there was a promise that if rangers were voted into the SPL/SFL1 the attendances would be reduced due to the fans disgruntlement and smelling the proverbial rat at work.

Exactly it's obviously some closet The Rangers fan working for Motherwell.

I'm 100% honest here I'd rather Hearts went to the wall than have let Newco parachute into the top flite. They'd be dead to me already if they had. f**k that carry on.

From Motherwells AGM

The prospects for the current year would “continue to be tough”. Derek Weir felt that the club (and other SPL clubs too) had been let down by the fans who had influenced the vote over the summer with the promise of increasing attendances – it hasn’t happened. The club will be asking for use of the Society’s overdraft facility in March.http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/motherwell_agm_107_held_at_fir_park_783300/index.shtml

Exactly it's obviously some closet The Rangers fan working for Motherwell.

I'm 100% honest here I'd rather Hearts went to the wall than have let Newco parachute into the top flight. They'd be dead to me already if they had. f**k that carry on.

How many SPLers bought into shite like this, how many complainers were actually what they claimed to be?

Reality is slowly dawning on the SPlers now......

Given the number of Orcs raging about the supposed "corruption" of the football authorities, I think it's worth noting that you are advocating for the SPL to be more corrupt, not less, so long as they are corrupt in your favour.

When this is pointed out to you, you dismiss this fact as "shite". I can assure you, it's anything but. Turning a blind eye to wrongdoing for personal gain is corruption - it's the heart and soul of corruption - and that's not up for debate at all. It's a fact.