Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

dunno about that. my idea solution is that the sfa bulldoze hampden, sell the land to a property developer and the scottish national team move to ibrox and rent to queens park. Ibrox is a first class stadium and would be a great home to the national team - all that needs done is change the signage! The Scottish Football Museum can be built n the site of the car park and Murray park can be taken over by the SFA.

The tax payers have pretty much paid for both facilities anyway and with the sale of the land at hampden, the SFA would be quids in.

In the mean time i'm sure rangers could ground share with thistle until they are in a position to build a new stadium

I thought about that too, but don't Queens Park own Hampden?

"Open Letters" from fan groups are usually cringeworthy - but that is well written. It is a pity that there was not a co-ordinated effort amongst all the clubs fan's to make sure that their BoDs had a similar letter in advance of the meeting. That said, any club chairman who doesn't know the level of opposition to Rangers being re-admitted is obviously a lost cause.

I would have hoped that the various Trusts and Supporters associations had at least been in touch with each other but certainly doesn't look like anything is being co-ordinated. DST being the only substantive supporters group at Aberdeen were lobbied by a lot of fans and I trust other supporters have been in touch with their Supporters Groups. The DST grew from the Shareholders Association and then the Trust and aren't the kind of people that put out they type of cringeworthy rants you mentioned. They also managed to get the former Red Final editor Chris Gavin on the board a few years ago so in theory should have some clout and will certainly be listened to by the board.

dunno about that. my idea solution is that the sfa bulldoze hampden, sell the land to a property developer and the scottish national team move to ibrox and rent to queens park. Ibrox is a first class stadium and would be a great home to the national team - all that needs done is change the signage! The Scottish Football Museum can be built n the site of the car park and Murray park can be taken over by the SFA.

The tax payers have pretty much paid for both facilities anyway and with the sale of the land at hampden, the SFA would be quids in.

In the mean time i'm sure rangers could ground share with thistle until they are in a position to build a new stadium

A very fanciful idea, but I think it's brilliant. Wouldn't like to be a street sweeper round Govan way if it were to happen, it would be a b*****d of a job clean up all the heads that would have exploded. :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry Barney I seem to have given you a red thing rather than a green one, I will make it up to you!

Edited by Granny Danger

Interesting reading or should I be wearing a foil hat ???:

Now, less than six years after Murray took control of Rangers,with a debt of £6m, and started to markedly increase their borrowing to improve a decrepit and non compliant stadium, The very bank that funded Murray, sought to liquidate Celtic with a debt of £5m and a stadium that was also in need of renovation and improvement. By this time, the justification for increased Rangers borrowing was the improvement of the stadium, the commercial use of adjacent office facilities, the extra income that brought, and the resulting ability to seemingly “afford” an ever better football team on the park! Yet, this supposedly successful business model was not to be encouraged when it came to Celtic by the very same bank! Now that is curious!

As was later proven by Fergus McCann, the improvement of that stadium did lead to an increase in revenue and safety in financial terms– as was supposedly proven by Murray to the same bank a few years before. Of course the first thing that Fergus did was to ditch HBOS.

Until 1990, Aberdeen Football Club worked without an overdraft with great success, and after Souness’ arrival at Ibrox Aberdeen were the nearest challengers to Rangers.

However, in 1990, Aberdeen had to go to the bank to upgrade Pittodrie to comply with the Taylor report. They went to HBOS who provided the funds to upgrade Pittodrie. Similarly with Dundee United as I understand it and many other clubs. The Bank of Scotland then really got its teeth into Scottish Football and would go on to have a huge influence in everything that happened within the game– that grip still exists to a certain extent to this day– although whether it is exercised in exactly the same way as it has in the past is yet to be seen.

I just had a wee thought that brought a smile to my face..IF Rangers are saved through a CVA they utter meltdown on here will be fucking priceless and the role reversal will be fantastic with 'White Rose Killie' and Pozbaird posts being reposted on Rangers Media and Follow Follow as great point and laugh material.

Well i need something to cheer me up while waiting to hear if the bid will be accepted. I'll need to borrow all those wee dancig gif thingys as well if the CVA goes through.

I just had a wee thought that brought a smile to my face..IF Rangers are saved through a CVA they utter meltdown on here will be fucking priceless and the role reversal will be fantastic with 'White Rose Killie' and Pozbaird posts being reposted on Rangers Media and Follow Follow as great point and laugh material.

Well i need something to cheer me up while waiting to hear if the bid will be accepted. I'll need to borrow all those wee dancig gif thingys as well if the CVA goes through.

Started drinking early tonight, 8? :P

Is it not the case that the only alternative to a CVA is liquidation? In the case of liquidation would the creditors stand to get any more than they would through a CVA? As Rangers assets in the event of the "Big L" would basically be Murray Park, Ibrox and a Car Park as all the players would now be free agents and worthless to the club. If Rangers debts total £134M then the creditors would not stand to make anywhere near full recovery of the amounts owed.

I have been led to believe that Murray Park is not available for building houses or flats and so is really only saleable as lets say a leisure centre. Ibrox is no use to anyone except what would be Rangers Newco, much the same with the carpark. If Rangers Newco were not willing to pay much for Ibrox who in fact would bid higher? A property developer would have a lot of obstacles in his way before he could do anything with it, not least the fact that the facade of the Main Stand is I believe a listed building. Also I can imagine in that event there would be fans chaining themselves to the railings to prevent any redevelopment. So in fact how much those assets are worth is really dependant on what someone is willing to pay for them. Less selling costs, administrators/liquidators fees etc.

If a bidder was willing to offer 10p in the £ in a CVA. Creditors may be well advised to take it. and that is not to mention the Liquidation would take, selling the assets, associated legal wrangling and bad publicity for everyone concerned.

I'd be happy for them to keep the listed building part as its quite nice, the rest they can tear down and we can turn it into a funfair or something like that. Something with a roller coaster preferably, you know, twists, turns, ups and downs and eventually when you leave you feel sick to your stomach :)

Pick as many of my posts as you want - mind and include the ones where I clearly say I do not want to see Rangers 'do a Third Lanark', I just want to see no special treatment for them simply because they are Rangers, and Sky want Old Firm games.

Love 'n' hugs... Poz.

Number 8 is a number 2, number 8 is a number 2..............

That is a mighty big "if". ;)

And if anyone thinks that Rangers fans are loud, arrogant braggarts at present, it's nothing compared to what they'll be like if (probably when) they're allowed to waltz back in as if nothing's happened.

"Haha, yeez a' tried tae kill uz an' we're no deid! WATP!!!!""!11"

;)

laugh.gif you cant really win squire, if you get a bid and a CVA you will be branded cheating Baasads for the rest of time and still have heavy sanctions on the club.

If you get liquidated well we all know what will happen then. laugh.gif parties in the streets and celebrations across the whole of Scotland, tongue.gif

laugh.gif you cant really win squire, if you get a bid and a CVA you will be branded cheating Baasads for the rest of time and still have heavy sanctions on the club.

If you get liquidated well we all know what will happen then. laugh.gif parties in the streets and celebrations across the whole of Scotland, tongue.gif

The bid gets accepted, the CVA goes through, Whyte has a brainfart and hands over all his shares, the new owners start looking at running the club on a shoestring with a decent enough squad to avoid abject humiliation and relegation and then...... BAM! expelled from Scottish Football for serial registration rule breaches stretching back over 14 years.