Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I am a protestant and have never been called a ***. I'm fairly sure the term is used to describe supporters of Rangers regardless of their creed, colour or religion.

If their creed, colour and religion all happens to be the same, I would suggest the problem doesn't lie with the term we refer to them as...

Unbelievable we still have bigots trying to justify their bigoted behaviour.

KAH painted on church walls is not being aimed at Rangers supporters. It is being aimed at the Protestants who worship in that church.

KAH painted on church walls is not being aimed at Rangers supporters. It is being aimed at the Protestants who worship in that church.

I imagine that this kind of "Look at this photo, all who now disagree with my opinion are automatically bigots" pish is more or less what your fellow fans will be saying to the First Minister today.

She seems a fairly level-headed person to me, but who knows how politicians will respond to this type of thing? As a profession, they're quite prone to seeing football fans - all football fans, not just the Glasgow ones - as a scum class, a problem to be managed with harsh legislation and police horses. They don't need much encouragement, in that regard.

What the protestants asking how it refers to them are bigoted against protestants? Does this nonsense make sense in your head?

Good point. How to untangle the political and the 'sporting'?

You keep banging on about these walls, No8.. And now they've become church walls. Strangely enough, it's only you and your fellow berrz who see this as a widespread thing. Because it isn't.

Posters of every stripe (including YT) have given their opinion that the word which rhymes with currant refers to those who followed rangers, and those who follow the rangers. Some believe it to refer to the clubs as well. That's it. Not bigoted, not sectarian, just handy shorthand for a group of less than admirable individuals.

Interesting to note that the usual "tiny minority" bollox was spouted again, to go along with the ridiculous attempt earlier in the week to blame Raith Rovers for the nonsense at Starks.

But it's not just a wee minority, or some kind of Fifth Column that appears at away games, is it? What were the criteria for getting their paws on tickets for the Hampden game?

Clean up your own house before you start getting offended at how others perceive your fellow supporters. Carry on acting like scum, or tolerating the scum, and guess what an average person is going to think of you?

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Yes, and using the same logic, all those videos from 2012 of Celtic fans singing "The Hvns are going bust" prove that they really meant "Protestantism is a bankrupt religion", or something equally daft.

It'd probably be better if people stopped using that word, in the interests of lowering the numbers of stabbings and glassings. On the other hand, I think we can all agree that the very second that one is proscribed, there will be something else to greet about, and that one will be equally daft.

This entire non-story can be boiled down to one incontestible fact - some Rangers fans, incredibly butthurt at the banning of their party tunes, are absolutely desperate to spread the culpability, and are scouring the internet for anything, anything to back up their nutty views.

And while I'm at it, I've always liked that "Well, they sing it at Hearts/Killie/the police, so it must mean protestant" argument.

The alternative explanation, of course, is that Celtic fans - for daft, ridiculous reasons - believe that Hearts/Killie/the police are overly fond of Rangers. But it couldn't be that, because that would mean that Celtic fans are paranoid and think that practically everyone is against them, with very little reason for believing that this is so.

And I think we all know that Celtic fans generally are very reasonable and rational, and couldn't possibly be paranoid or just plain thick.

Yes, and using the same logic, all those videos from 2012 of Celtic fans singing "The Hvns are going bust" prove that they really meant "Protestantism is a bankrupt religion", or something equally daft.

It'd probably be better if people stopped using that word, in the interests of lowering the numbers of stabbings and glassings. On the other hand, I think we can all agree that the very second that one is proscribed, there will be something else to greet about, and that one will be equally daft.

This entire non-story can be boiled down to one incontestible fact - some Rangers fans, incredibly butthurt at the banning of their party tunes, are absolutely desperate to spread the culpability, and are scouring the internet for anything, anything to back up their nutty views.

I'd reduce it even further than that, Fliedermaus - nobody likes them, and they really, really do care.

Maybe if they hadn't been such arrogant, discriminatory arseholes in the days when they were cheating their way to silverware.

Maybe if they hadn't cultivated a "Protestant Identity".

Maybe if they had accepted their old club's come-uppance with a smidgeon of dignity.

Maybe if they hadn't taken their own brand of sectarian shite on a tour round the clubs who had been lucky to avoid them for most of their existence.

Maybe if, just once, they reacted to criticism with anything other than "aye but whitaboot...".

Maybe then - just maybe - they would get some sympathy from others.