Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Owner of football company makes money from club. Shocker.

:lol:

Little grasp indeed.

I guess the subtext was that he's making money, taking a fat dividend and not chucking money into warchests for overpaid Dutch half talents and dubious tax mechanisms.

Utter nonsense. Very few businessmen make money from football clubs. They invest in clubs for a whole host of reasons and making money for themselves would not be anywhere near the top of the list

Charles Green ( and his assorted spivvy mates ) made a few bob from all accounts

Charles Green ( and his assorted spivvy mates ) made a few bob from all accounts

Which raises the question of why will the next shower be any different.

I know Sevconians are monumentally thick but do they really believe football club owners are just playing a higher-level version of Championship Manager? Are they just trying to get back to a nice comfortable dreamland where a Minty Moonbeams figure has unlimited cash to allow them to steamroller everything in sight?

Stupid visigoths.

Edited by nsr

:lol: nonsense, he has tied the club up in so many ways creaming the fans money off at every opportunity while employing liars to do his dirty work.

He has alienated his customer base, which is bad for any business, the Rangers fans were just more proactive and have united in a common aim to rid their club of a parasite.

Please do not ever put "Rangers fans" and "proactive" in the same sentence again. The Internet might explode.

:lol: nonsense, he has tied the club up in so many ways creaming the fans money off at every opportunity while employing liars to do his dirty work.

He has alienated his customer base, which is bad for any business, the Rangers fans were just more proactive and have united in a common aim to rid their club of a parasite.

I know Sevconians are monumentally thick but do they really believe football club owners are just playing a higher-level version of Championship Manager? Are they just trying to get back to a nice comfortable dreamland where a Minty Moonbeams figure has unlimited cash to allow them to steamroller everything in sight?

IMO unlikely but they will probably end up a top six club, given time.

That is if they don't go down the overspending route...................Oh never mind.

Please expand on this "whole host of reasons". Please note I'm not talking about the uber-rich Abramovich types who have enough money that they can throw it away for a laugh.

Who are you talking about then? Take it to the other extreme from Chelsea...Are the owners of East Stirlingshire in it for personal financial gain?

The "The company's " money ?

The club that orbited the Earth after the parent company died .... 's money, perhaps.

I have this picture of Evil Mike sending Ustache-style squads to the homes of Gers fans to extort money from them with menaces then, ten minutes later, a van shows up and leaves Puma kit and season tickets on their doorsteps.

Who are you talking about then? Take it to the other extreme from Chelsea...Are the owners of East Stirlingshire in it for personal financial gain?

Slightly different state of affairs there. I am not sure how many rapacious millionaires have pumped the Shire for a few bob.

Chelsea is a bawble, a vanity purchase.

I'm not talking about either extreme. I'm talking about the likes of Mike Ashley, people who are involved in serious investments in big clubs.

Surely Admin wouldn't work though (correct me if I am wrong) with MA loaning them millions to stay afloat wouldn't that then make him the major creditor and he could just refuse to accept their offer of pennies in the pound?.

If King & co can "lend" Rangers a large chunk of money to repay Ashley most of his cash they could call admin and bump him for the rest as they would have become the dominant creditor.

Obviously in practice it's a bit more complicated than that but in principle it's an option

The 'fans' money'?

Exactly. Football clubs are businesses. Fans give them money in exchange for goods and services. At that point the money ceases to be the fans' money and becomes the business' money. The business owners can do what they like with it. Fans don't have to give them the money. Business owners aren't under any obligation to use the money to increase the fans' enjoyment of said goods and services.

You're not going to make any money if you're involved with a Scottish club unless it's Celtc or the newco. And it would just be Celtc if it wasn't so easy to get your pound of flesh from the carcass of RFC.

I'm not talking about either extreme. I'm talking about the likes of Mike Ashley, people who are involved in serious investments in big clubs.

You are ONLY talking about Mike Ashley. There may be one or two other exceptions but the rule is you do not make serious money out of owning a football club and especially a Scottish Football Club.

You are ONLY talking about Mike Ashley. There may be one or two other exceptions but the rule is you do not make serious money out of owning a football club and especially a Scottish Football Club.

I'm not talking about people who DO make money out of it. I'm talking about people whose objective is to TRY TO make money out of it. Tedi seems to think this is a bad thing. I'm asking what other motivations he thinks they have.

Wee Fergus walked away with over forty million pounds.

Looks to me a lot more like the fans stomped off in the cream-puff the very second that your team started consistently losing games and then, when the club had to turn to Ashley for money to keep the lights on in the absence of paying customers, you all decided that one of your former execs was a far better bet.

Basically, it's stick-or-twist: hang on to a live club that isn't winning, or bet everything on one more card. Massive all-or-nothing bets on success or death are kind of written into the club's DNA, and I'm about as confident of and worried about your imminent success as I was back when Whyte, Green or the Easdales came in.

It looks to me like you've collectively refused to attend most games that you might be expected lose; got rid of your owners because they inherited a shyte football team that they couldn't fire, and are now betting everything on Someone Else for no other reason than that he claims to support the team.

I predict this will prove to be a false dawn, just like all the others over the past few years.

(Bookmark this one if you like - I'll be happy to concede I was wrong if New Rangers are up challenging for major trophies within three years. Not happy that I was wrong, but happy to concede that I was).