Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Tell us about your season ticket and how you backed Dave King ....

Thought tedi did not want king near his club???

I'm sure he posted this much the other day.

:lol: nonsense, he has tied the club up in so many ways creaming the fans money off at every opportunity while employing liars to do his dirty work.

He has alienated his customer base, which is bad for any business, the Rangers fans were just more proactive and have united in a common aim to rid their club of a parasite.

Oh, aye? He's gone now, has he?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

GIRFUY !!

So let's get this right.....

you are all excited and over numerous threads with yer 5 kips to the good guys get our club back patter...

but in reality ...you don't want this good guy/king near yer club???

It would be funny if it was not so tragic...the level of hypocrisy you show on this forum.

It will be interesting to see how some possible legal issues & restrictions affect King & co should they get positions on the board,

Will HMRC take action & will the SFA also take action ?

What will Ashley's take on this be ?

It is amusing that the guys who stood by and killed off rangers are now the saviours of sevco, even though they are not fit & proper one of them being a convicted fraudster & members of the old board who let their club die ?

post-23627-0-23592800-1425299835_thumb.j

post-23627-0-87018900-1425299844_thumb.j

Nonsense, he lied about the stadium, huge blunder, even the fans that did back him turned at this point.

Assuming that you're talking about Ashley's bid to secure his massive loan against the stadium*, that isn't what you said the last time that the attendence drop-off issue came up.

So now, you're saying it was the stadium issue that caused the big Walk-Away.

But the last time we discussed it, you told us that the unofficial boycott due to fan antipathy began last season, with the implication that the drop-off in attendance that almost precisely coincided with your bad results was a continuance of an already-established trend.

So which is it?

1) Long-term fan dissatisfaction due to poor governance;

2) Sudden displeasure over the stadium issue, or

3) The rather more blatantly obvious taking the cream-puff and refusing to go to games which you might reasonably be expected to lose?

And if you can pick one of these, do you think you'll be able to stick with that reasoning for more than a month or two?

*I'm not certain that this is an unreasonable move, if you're lending money to a famously incontinent business.

Edited by flyingrodent

Where did I say massive?

That is right I never

I said even the fans that did back him :1eye

Most had already been staying away hence the 15K ST down.

To be fair, the official statistics do seem to support that - 43,000 at the opening game against Hearts and 30,000 at the game against Dumbarton that immediately preceded the news about the stadium deal.

Although I do note that the official statistics for the 2-0 loss to Hibs, played one month after the stadium news, also report 30,000 at that game too.

Which would suggest that either a) We're both wrong or b) One of us is wrong, and the official statistics are actively misleading.

He is already a shareholder, there is nothing to block existing shareholders buying more shares, in fact the path was cleared at the last AGM ;)

So that is King, Letham, Park, Taylor, The RST, Rangers First all able to invest, in fact anyone who has shares apart from....Mike Ashley.

ETA, it was actually cleared in order to help fat mike but the SFA told him to do one, another thing you got wrong

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30573031

Kinda Ironic that the scheme put in place to help fat mike is now going to aid King.

It seems you have the inside track on what Dave King is going to do.

and we both know that the clubs count ST holders in those figures, go read the match threads to get everyone's take on how many were inside the stadium, both were out.

Yes, I know that, but thanks for clarifying for everyone. The point I'm making is that the actual attendance for games long preceding the stadium announcement were well down also, in a steady trend beginning with your first defeat of the season and taking a real big drop-off when regular bad results started to roll in.

Which was, of course, well in advance of the stadium issue, and long before any kind of organised boycott took off.

(This is standard for most teams, obviously - losing streaks put no bums on seats. Just noting that the new narrative, about how the fans suddenly took umbrage at the stadium situation, is incorrect).

Wee Fergus walked away with over forty million pounds.

He's probably the only guy to ever walk into Scottish football, do exactly what he said he'd do & leave the situation he arrived to in a far healthier state than he found it, with a healthy profit to boot.

In fact I'd go as far as saying he should have been brought in to completely overhaul the Scottish game, following the demise of Rangers.

That is why I said even the fans that did back him :1eye

That is why I also said that the crowds were already down due to the ST boycott, you know the 15K missing ST holders from the previous season, perhaps you missed the whole pre season organised boycott thing.

I think I must've done, what with you nearly filling the stadium for your first fixture.

For the record though, let's note for now that it wasn't evil or dishonesty that led Ashley to seek security on Ibrox - it was the fact that the club needed another massive loan on top of the last large one, because the fans were Walking Away/boycotting, because the team were consistently losing.

That is, the chronology goes:

Owners inherit shyte team they can't sack >>

Shyte team finally reaches level where it consistently loses >>

Fans walk away/boycott because they can't stomach following a team that consistently loses >>

Owners are forced to seek additional funding to cover expenses of cream-puff taking fans' refusal to watch losing team >>

Scare stories in the press planted by rival bidders >>

Fans start pretending to be more upset about financial mismanagement than they are by team's shyte performance >>

Fans throw their weight behind rival bidders' all-or-nothing, death-or-glory takeover bid.

I said this before, and your response was "Blah, blah, official statistics" followed by " :1eye :1eye what kind of zoomer thinks official statistics are real".

Nonetheless, that timeline is exactly what's happened.

If you mean 'power' loosely? Perhaps.

Well, up the stairs and into the booby traps left by Evil Mike who'll want his pound of flesh or it's Goodnight Vienna.

Well, up the stairs and into the booby traps left by Evil Mike who'll want his pound of flesh or it's Goodnight Vienna.

I was thinking more along the lines of being Dave "G S L" King's patsy.

Hopefully you're closer.

I'm finding the Rangers' fans triumphalism on here a bit odd, to be honest.

Why?

It's what the majority that post on here wanted. I don't believe any of them think the future is all going to be peaches and cream. All they wanted was their club back in the right hands after that they'll take things as they come and deal with it accordingly. Fair play.

Why?

It's what the majority that post on here wanted. I don't believe any of them think the future is all going to be peaches and cream. All they wanted was their club back in the right hands after that they'll take things as they come and deal with it accordingly. Fair play.

Absolutely this. What we do with the club is down to the support and the money we put in now will be going into the club...wherever it is needed. Before we knew our money was being taken out of the club and we had no future whatsoever. If The Good Guys had lost this battle there would have been no club. That is how important this vote was.

Mike Ashley would have been the more stable option going forward.

I agree. He has genuine huge cash resources, which is exactly what the company needs most at the moment.

I'm not sure anyone else has enough cash to plough in short to medium term. Maybe that's DK et al's plan?

nail on head

King will be judged on what happens from here, there is no way this is going to be easy, nor have I seen Rangers fans pretending that this will be a return to 'the good old days' in fact I do not know any Rangers fan that wants that either, the reality is the best we can hope right now is a return to the top division and a stable platform from which to build.

Ashley / the old regime never offered that future, it was just one lie after another.

:) King is the type of Ranger that opposition fans won't want anywhere near Rangers. Stability, investment, success.. none of these words are what non-Gers want associated with Rangers. :D

It's going to happen though. Hey, it was a good laugh for you's all whilst it lasted but it wasn't going to last forever. It's now time for Rangers to take their rightful place at the top of Scottish football. The days of being told you're shit by fans of the Cowdenbeaths and the East Fife's will be a distant memory, haha.

Hearts? Well, I tip my hat to them, they've wiped the floor with Rangers during this current league campaign. But next for them is mid-table Premiership mediocrity. A third place finish here or there and the odd Scottish Cup win but it won't ever get much better than that. :)

Oh, Tedi. :(

You really are going down the tubes like ol' Kinky, aren't you?

I wonder what ally's say on what Gregg's owners does with their income.

:lol:

What do you do with your profits from your taxi, are you fitting DVD players in the back or a drinks cabinet. It's what your punters want !!!

:lol:

No Drinking in Taxi!!!!