Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What I can't comprehend about all this is the stance of clubs like St. Johnstone. St. Johnstone, St. Mirren, ICT and Dunfermline have all had significant periods in the First Division in recent years where there's no TV money, no OF, no Aberdeen, no Hearts, no Hibs and they all survived. Now all they are being asked to do is survive 3 seasons (at most) without one half of the OF and St. Johnstone are coming out with 'we NEED Rangers in the SPL!'. That's clearly pish. You want Rangers in the SPL, it's more valuable with them in it, I can accept that. What I can't accept is being lied to and treated like a fucking mug. If Stewart Gilmour comes out and says he's in favour of keeping Rangers in the SPL because he's in the process of selling his shares and he wants the best price possible then fair enough, I might not agree with it but I'd respect the honesty. What I can't be arsed with is all the nonsense about how we'd die a slow lingering death without RFC, that's a fucking lie mad.gif

I'm not sure you know what St Johstone think as the Board has not officially pronounced on it. Steve Brown has passed comment and he was unambiguous about the fact that St Johnstone could comfortably survive without Rangers and there is abundant evidence to that fact, not least that they have been in a different division for many years one they sadly had to share with Dundee, Livingston and Gretna - the three degrees of fiduciary incompetence. So yes St Johnston can thrive. You are basing your comments on what Steve Brown said in relationship to other SPL clubs, and in his capacity as an SPL board member where he is required to think of the commonwealth of the SPL not just St Johnstone. He has been placed in a difficult predicament where he has to represent a diverse set of views not just SJFC. Saints have cash at the bank, a great trading record unfortunately that us not true of Hearts, Killie or Dunfermline. So at least attack the source of the problem - leveraged debt - and not SJFC. Otherwise back on topic

@alextomo: UEFA just called - licensing Rangers to play in SPL is solely for SFA and its licensing rules.

@alextomo: Checking now as to whether UEFA thinks CVAs carry 3y ban on competition just as NEWCOs do.

@alextomo: UEFA the rules: a club in CVA is banned for Euro competition until such time as it emerges. Newco's banned 3y as we've said.

Hmm.

How does this thread fit into your idea about the "subtle sectarianism creeping into P&B"? Do we still have an anti-Catholic agenda?

Oh, this sounds interesting... more details please...

@alextomo: UEFA just called - licensing Rangers to play in SPL is solely for SFA and its licensing rules.

@alextomo: Checking now as to whether UEFA thinks CVAs carry 3y ban on competition just as NEWCOs do.

@alextomo: UEFA the rules: a club in CVA is banned for Euro competition until such time as it emerges. Newco's banned 3y as we've said.

Hmm.

I cannot believe people follow that Republican apologist and especially after his huge exclusive scoop on the Channel 4 news you were all wetting yourself over...How did that pan out? About as exclusive as the tweets above...Months old news :lol:

Simple really, we all have a go at the shyte Celtic pull and we are all cafflick hating Presbyterians. We all turn on Rangers and we are all bead rattling papists. They just don't get the 'we hate the old firm' thing, it's beyond their mental capabilities.

How does this thread fit into your idea about the "subtle sectarianism creeping into P&B"? Do we still have an anti-Catholic agenda?

huh.gif Why did you feel the need to bring that up? I did think it was interesting last week that we seen yet another Neil Lennon topic started yet there was no rush of topics dealing with Ally McCoist's shameful actions. If Neil Lennon (in a similar situation) came out with the shit Ally McCoist did last week there would be umpteen topics started on here. Of course it would simply be because Lennon isn't a very nice man rolleyes.gif

Link 1

The comment in bold is typical of the subtle sectarianism which has been all too common on P&B this season.

Link 2

I'm all for giving Diouf a chance, he can be a top class player on his day, and if he performs well and stays out of trouble he'll be an asset to the SPL. What I do find funny is the Scottish Media's complete refusal to criticise Walter Smith, the man can literally say and do whatever he wants with no scrutiny. If Neil Lennon had signed Diouf the scutiny would have been directed mainly at his own character rather than Diouf's.

As for the Catholic debate, when you've got a large proportion of fans who support 'Falkirk' 'Kilmarnock' coming on here to leap to the defence of guys like Hugh Dallas and George Peat then you know there is a problem. I've never seen so many fans eager to lend their support to the hierarchy at the SFA, and for me the only reason for it can be that their gripes were with Celtic and Catholicism. All that shite about Dallas's misdemeanor not warranting the sack is simply a smokescreen. Had Dallas forwarded a homophobic joke and been sacked, the majority of fans on here would have had a good laugh about it (rightly or wrongly), and there would have been very few desperate to defend him, but because it was to do with Catholicism Dallas was construed as a victim (rightly or wrongly).

Kris Boyd and Lee McCulloch decide to quit playing for Scotland because they don't fancy playing for Burley, utter joke imo. Despite his poor managerial performance, Burley seemed a decent guy and I doubt he done anything to deserve the treatment he got from some of the players. Burley is sacked and then both players are in the main welcomed/accepted back by the majority of Scotland fans. Some fans stuck to their principles but most seemed to accept them back. However when it comes to McGeady and McCarthy, who both openly expressed their desire to play for Ireland, the same fans are outraged and vilify both players (particularly McGeady, perhaps because he plays for Celtic?). I can't understand why someone raised in Scotland wouldn't want to play for Scotland, but I don't feel the need to get angry and upset about it. McGeady and McCarthy reject Scotland because they want to play for another country, Boyd and McCulloch rejected Scotland for f**k all, but we get all upset at McGeady and McCarthy laugh.gif

However the absolute bestest example of the bitterness of some fans on here is the Martin O'Neill topics. "Shite Manager" "Chequebook Manager" etc etc etc. I'm sure some fans genuinely believe this, which is at least an opinion albeit a ridiculous one, but for most their unwillingness to recognise O'Neill's ability is just sheer bitterness.

Link 3

Read on from here too - it continues for a wee while.

All those fans on here who hate Aiden McGeady and James McCarthy are only gutted because they aren't playing for Scotland, there's nothing sinister in it rolleyes.gif

I never seen the same level of hatred shown towards the 'Rangers men' who walked out on Scotland to do f**k all - Weir, McCulloch, Boyd, D. Ferguson etc etc etc.

When Martin O'Neill gets another job there will be a topic on here about it. I guarantee you that more than half the posts on it will be to say how shite a manager he is, this is despite him having been a success wherever he has been and him being so highly regarded in England that he was interviewed for one of the biggest jobs in World Football. Of course this is just people expressing an objective 'opinion'.

The obsession of non-OF fans on here with Neil Lennon also speaks volumes, it would be interesting to know how many topics about Neil Lennon were created and how many pages they got. I'd imagine they'd easily dwarf the number achieved by an equally (perhaps more) vile character from the 'other side', namely Kyle Lafferty. I wonder why rolleyes.gif

I cannot believe people follow that Republican apologist and especially after his huge exclusive scoop on the Channel 4 news you were all wetting yourself over...How did that pan out? About as exclusive as the tweets above...Months old news :lol:

Oh dear.

Rangers Media is that-a-way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What, you mean the one about Bain ordering his secretary to shred documents to cover up his EBT scam? Didn't read about that anywhere else..

huh.gif Why did you feel the need to bring that up? I did think it was interesting last week that we seen yet another Neil Lennon topic started yet there was no rush of topics dealing with Ally McCoist's shameful actions. If Neil Lennon (in a similar situation) came out with the shit Ally McCoist did last week there would be umpteen topics started on here. Of course it would simply be because Lennon isn't a very nice man rolleyes.gif

I brought it up because it seemed like an extremely appropriate time. We have a 700+ page thread mainly made up of people enjoying the situation Rangers find themselves in. You made numerous insinuations that posters were anti-Celtic or pro-Rangers (and are continuing to do so) - what better way to refute that than by looking in this thread.

If you read back through this thread, loads of people condemned McCoist. There may even have been threads started on it - everything related to Rangers' administration has been merged in here.

Edited by craigkillie

I ken, butting in here and stealing a' oor scottish jobs, fa does he think he is? We should stick to Chico and Jim Traynor for a' the real poop.

WTF? thought you were the voice of the reasonable Rangers fan. dry.gif

I'm not sure you know what St Johstone think as the Board has not officially pronounced on it. Steve Brown has passed comment and he was unambiguous about the fact that St Johnstone could comfortably survive without Rangers and there is abundant evidence to that fact, not least that they have been in a different division for many years one they sadly had to share with Dundee, Livingston and Gretna - the three degrees of fiduciary incompetence. So yes St Johnston can thrive. You are basing your comments on what Steve Brown said in relationship to other SPL clubs, and in his capacity as an SPL board member where he is required to think of the commonwealth of the SPL not just St Johnstone. He has been placed in a difficult predicament where he has to represent a diverse set of views not just SJFC. Saints have cash at the bank, a great trading record unfortunately that us not true of Hearts, Killie or Dunfermline. So at least attack the source of the problem - leveraged debt - and not SJFC. Otherwise back on topic

Apologies. I assumed, as was made out on here, that he was of the same mind as your manager who was of the opinion we all need Rangers last night on Sportsound. It really was quite embarrassing listening to it last night, god only knows what Terry Butcher and Stuart McCall would say if they were given the airtime rolleyes.gif

What, you mean the one about Bain ordering his secretary to shred documents to cover up his EBT scam? Didn't read about that anywhere else..

In fairness a lot of the stuff he has reported is not new. He also made a bit of a fool on himself about his claims of being threatened by a Scottish journalist. On Clyde he read out a "confession" from a "journalist" on Twitter, not realising that it was a spoof account. That aside, he made the rather silly mistake of thinking our old pal LEGGO was a "journalist".

36 months is the news for you.