Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

''Here the irregularities owed nothing to error and were instead deliberate attempts to mislead''and if proven as such the club would have been appropriately punished no?

The club was punished, courtesy of a whopping fine.

I'd agree with you however, that such a sanction was not appropriately severe.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

''Here the irregularities owed nothing to error and were instead deliberate attempts to mislead''

and if proven as such the club would have been appropriately punished no?

The craven, 'connected' Scottish football authorities have also received a fair bit of flak on here for enabling the farcical connivance with corruption.

The Scottish football authorities have tacitly endorsed cheating while allowing a procession of con-artists and criminals to swan around doing exactly as they please.

All because "Scottish football needs a strong Rangers."

It's a pretty fucked up state of affairs.

Yeah, you'd have thought so, wouldn't you?

However, with the threats of Civil Unrest, Armageddon, arson and physical violence flying thick and fast, the "Authorities" - including Campbell "EBT" Ogilvie, decided to bottle it. The people in charge of our Game, rather than defend it from wrongdoing, colluded with each other and their Media friends to preserve the status quo. Your new club owes its existence to an atmosphere fuelled by fear and greed.

Even the rangers' fans admit to the horsetrading and jiggery-pokery needed to give them something to watch - oftentimes in a "Ha, we can do what we want!" tone, as if they are proud of the whole episode. This simply reinforces what many of us were, pre-liquidation, prepared to accept was an exaggerated stereotype. Inadequate scum, who need to have something successful to point at to "prove" their superiority. Even if that success was gained through cheating, and led to the cheats receiving their justified come-uppance.

More tortured ranting, keep it coming! With regards to what happened on the pitch we have no need to prove our superiority to anyone. Our record speaks for itself, hopefully we will soon be back in a position to add to our proud achievements. 'Inadequate Scum' just wow !? This must really get to you eh?

Lighten up, didn't you get a decent point against your 'Big Team' last night ?

Edited by RedRob72

More tortured ranting, keep it coming! With regards to what happened on the pitch we have no need to prove our superiority to anyone. Our record speaks for itself, hopefully we will soon be back in a position to add to our proud achievements. 'Inadequate Scum' just wow !? This must really get to you eh?

Lighten up, didn't you get a decent point against your 'Big Team' last night ?

Normans just upset about his team dropping two points last night, just laugh at the dick.

More tortured ranting, keep it coming! With regards to what happened on the pitch we have no need to prove our superiority to anyone. Our record speaks for itself

Of course Rangers have been successful.

They come from the biggest city in a small country which was the ultimate early adopter of the game. They've also deliberately marketed themselves as having an appeal to those who identify with that country's dominant religion.

If that gives you an actual sense of superiority, then that's very nice.

As an adult however, I'll laugh at you for it.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

History time again. As I have pointed out before, Rangers had no religious origins whatsoever. It was only in 1915 when shipyard workers were brought over from Belfast and the then north part of Ireland to do their bit for the War Effort and build ships in Govan. Rangers were the closest team to support, and the fact that they played in light blue (which they did at the time) was considered very convenient. Queen's Park were well in decline, and with Celtic very much in the ascendant, Rangers were adopted as the main opposition to the very definitely Roman Catholic outlook of Celtic. This was strengthened in 1916 with the Irish drive for independence, and Rangers became associated with the attitude which prevails today, and has continued into the new Club which has replaced Rangers in Scottish football. As a point of interest, I had an uncle who played for Rangers in the 1930's, and it is a fact that, before they signed him, they checked the family tree on both sides to make sure he was 'pure blood'.

However, to say that Rangers had religious origins, it is a case of no, no, and thrice no.

Of course Rangers have been successful.

They come from the biggest city in a small country which was the ultimate early adopter of the game. They've also deliberately marketed themselves as having an appeal to those who identify with that country's dominant religion.

If that gives you an actual sense of superiority, then that's very nice.

As an adult however, I'll laugh at you for it.

It's you and the other Rangers hating hordes that continually talk about a sense of superiority, It's your charge, I don't think any of us hold that claim.

Then the immediate switch back to religion, how f*ckin desperately predictable. It's something else that the majority couldn't give a shite about with regards to following Rangers on the park, no matter how much it is ingrained in your own psyche.

Give it up Monkey, you do yourself no favours at all, its people like you who keep dragging this up to sling mud, then tell us we're the ones stuck back in time. It's almost as hopeless as C*ltic fans trying to usurp the moral order and just as f*ckin laughable.

History time again. As I have pointed out before, Rangers had no religious origins whatsoever. It was only in 1915 when shipyard workers were brought over from Belfast and the then north part of Ireland to do their bit for the War Effort and build ships in Govan. Rangers were the closest team to support, and the fact that they played in light blue (which they did at the time) was considered very convenient. Queen's Park were well in decline, and with Celtic very much in the ascendant, Rangers were adopted as the main opposition to the very definitely Roman Catholic outlook of Celtic. This was strengthened in 1916 with the Irish drive for independence, and Rangers became associated with the attitude which prevails today, and has continued into the new Club which has replaced Rangers in Scottish football. As a point of interest, I had an uncle who played for Rangers in the 1930's, and it is a fact that, before they signed him, they checked the family tree on both sides to make sure he was 'pure blood'.

However, to say that Rangers had religious origins, it is a case of no, no, and thrice no.

Steady on with the facts mate, that's plenty !! You won't get away with posting that sort of stuff on here!

Normans just upset about his team dropping two points last night, just laugh at the dick.

Seriously??

While most of us, especially those who watched the game, would reckon Killie did well and improved massively on recent performances in gaining a draw against a side with resources many times bigger than us, Vicky obviously expected more of his local team.

Unless, of course, he is trying to get yet more mileage out of his hilarious "no' wan ae us..." schtick. :1eye

Steady on with the facts mate, that's plenty !! You won't get away with posting that sort of stuff on here!

Except it is widely accepted that rangers, while not founded on any type of separatism,employed, encouraged and prospered from such a stance until their death. Their successors seem happy to continue this acceptance of antediluvian attitudes.

While most of us, especially those who watched the game, would reckon Killie did well and improved massively on recent performances in gaining a draw against a side with resources many times bigger than us, Vicky obviously expected more of his local team.

Unless, of course, he is trying to get yet more mileage out of his hilarious "no' wan ae us..." schtick. :1eye

You mean you actually went last night!? F*ckin hell, times are a changing indeed

I never for a moment suggested that Rangers' origins were Protestant. I know perfectly well that they weren't and have posted to that effect before.

They developed this identity almost half a century into their existence as a marketing ploy to counter Celtic's appeal which was explicit from the outset.

It's you and the other Rangers hating hordes that continually talk about a sense of superiority, It's your charge, I don't think any of us hold that claim.

Then the immediate switch back to religion, how f*ckin desperately predictable. It's something else that the majority couldn't give a shite about with regards to following Rangers on the park, no matter how much it is ingrained in your own psyche.

Give it up Monkey, you do yourself no favours at all, its people like you who keep dragging this up to sling mud, then tell us we're the ones stuck back in time. It's almost as hopeless as C*ltic fans trying to usurp the moral order and just as f*ckin laughable.

I think you'll find that it was you who introduced the notion of "superiority" to the discussion.

You'll also see that I didn't bring up the idea of religious identity in order to "sling mud", but as a means of explaining why Rangers have been such a big and therefore successful club.

Nothing remotely contentious or even disparaging about it.

I think you'll find that it was you who introduced the notion of "superiority" to the discussion. You'll also see that I didn't bring up the idea of religious identity in order to "sling mud", but as a means of explaining why Rangers have been such a big and therefore successful club. Nothing remotely contentious or even disparaging about it.

Wrong! Have a wee swatch back up the thread MT, it was yer pal WRK who brought up the tired notion of 'proving superiority'.

In the meantime just steer clear of the religious pish, you can try and dress it up any way you want, it doesn't help, your call.

Good luck to Kyle Hutton btw on signing for QotS, will hopefully get his career back on track.