Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Your club..as far as i am aware have little or no say regarding the Newco..I am sure it goes in front of the SPL panel. If it goes before all 12 member clubs your club will vote for what is best for itself..as all the 'Other clubs' have done since the Premier League was formed in 1975. If they truly wanted what was best for Scottish football we would have a larger top division and play each other home and away. At least have a 14 team top division

Rangers have been punished in full for non payment of tax and not paying footballing debt...You were all falling over yourselves last week high fiving and back slapping over the fine and ban on signing players.

Tax avoidance is not a crime and the EBTs were legal at the time and declared in the company accounts and to the SFA. It was all open and above board.

So what is this crime St Mirren have commited? More important to me is what is the crime you want Rangers punished for? Seems to me you want your club,and others, to punish Rangers for a crime they have not commited and something they certainly have not been found guilty off...yet.

Try telling that to Lestor Piggot & Ken Dodd

EBT's were not illegal, but they way Rangers used them were (IE to hide wages)

What folk are wanting is for any Newco whether Rangers, Hearts Albion Rovers or who ever to have to start again at the bottom of the pile (DIV 3)

Another contradiction is that it is claimed he doesn't have a passport, and yet he fought in Vietnam. How did he get into Vietnam without a passport? :unsure:

Haha! I can just imagine all the American soldiers standing at the vietnamese border control. "what's the purpose of your visit?" "to get some!!!"

World War II should never have went ahead as those pesky Nazis didn't get their passports stamped heading in to Poland!

The more I look at Bill Miller, the more I like him.

His company smacks of a tightly run business without the bullshit. He just gets on with it.

On his board he has interesting non exec directors.

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyOfficers?symbol=MLR A couple of them involved in their own investment companies, one a lawyer, one worked with IMG - Mark McCormack's sports management business. Hard to believe he hasn't discussed Rangers with them.

If only David Murray had built a board of similar experience and quality.

From all I have read about Miller he comes across as a guy who will run Rangers the way he wants. Not be pressured by the media (what is your budget for new players going forward - going forward seems to be the latest cliche from these ignorant and inept clowns) or the fantasy ambitions of most supporters. He will run a tight ship and one that lives within its means. And he will let the players walk this summer, as he knows he must cut costs and inflated salaries will be the first obvious target, just as it should have been for the administrators.

His newco will get up and running and leave the toxic mess behind to it can be 'liquidised'laugh.gif.

Suspect that Duff and Duffer see that as their golden egg, as it lurches into liquidation. If they know their way around the dodgy dealings and get the liquidation they could still be producing fee notes 3 or 4 years from now, as it moves into the courts and the criminal charges. (Craig's mum doesn't need to worry, he will be ok. It's the other ones who shouldn't be sleeping well).

Of course all this depends on a corruptly accommodating SFA and SPL, a clear run at things without any future surprises popping up, and the support of wee Craig.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell...I guess we'll just have to wait and see about that one, won't we? Good to see you're back to your imperious, gallus self though No.8, will be interested to see how long that lasts too.

How would you know what 'My usual self' is if you only joined on the 12th of April? :P

Nah i have nothing to be angry about...If you are looking for anger google Alex Thomson the Republican Apologist..Now that is pain,anger and hurt. :lol:

What makes him a republican apologist? because he is reporting from a neutral point of view and isn't afraid to say it as he sees it? surely he is actually more of a unionist as the main crux of his argument is that rangers are quite clearly tax cheats stealing money from Queen and country (you know the 2 things that rangers fans throw in everyones faces as being proud supporters of) do you honestly think this man gives a toss about the small minded (old firm) scottish psyche that you have to be one or 'tother? you No8 seemed like quite a reasonable rangers fan the last few weeks but now there is a chink of light (hopefully a great white light before death) your true colours are shining through

The more I look at Bill Miller, the more I like him.

His company smacks of a tightly run business without the bullshit. He just gets on with it.

On his board he has interesting non exec directors.

http://www.reuters.c...cers?symbol=MLR A couple of them involved in their own investment companies, one a lawyer, one worked with IMG - Mark McCormack's sports management business. Hard to believe he hasn't discussed Rangers with them.

If only David Murray had built a board of similar experience and quality.

From all I have read about Miller he comes across as a guy who will run Rangers the way he wants. Not be pressured by the media (what is your budget for new players going forward - going forward seems to be the latest cliche from these ignorant and inept clowns) or the fantasy ambitions of most supporters. He will run a tight ship and one that lives within its means. And he will let the players walk this summer, as he knows he must cut costs and inflated salaries will be the first obvious target, just as it should have been for the administrators.

His newco will get up and running and leave the toxic mess behind to it can be 'liquidised'laugh.gif.

Suspect that Duff and Duffer see that as their golden egg, as it lurches into liquidation. If they know their way around the dodgy dealings and get the liquidation they could still be producing fee notes 3 or 4 years from now, as it moves into the courts and the criminal charges. (Craig's mum doesn't need to worry, he will be ok. It's the other ones who shouldn't be sleeping well).

Of course all this depends on a corruptly accommodating SFA and SPL, a clear run at things without any future surprises popping up, and the support of wee Craig.

Of course you like him, he's your only hope, you would have loved Whyte last year when he was your only hope.

Its like having a 30 stone wife, if your a 50 stone mess your just happy to get your hole, everyone else is looking at you as walk down the street thinking "look at the state of that", thats Rangers and Bill Millar that is.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but with the oldco debt basically being written off, I think, all the clubs that Rangers owe money to will not see a penny of it, is that correct?

On that basis, can you see Mad Vlad actually voting to let them off scot free?

Believe me, the potential for more fireworks opens up at every angle the more you think about it.

Its still a new contract, obviously the old contract being with the existing company and the new one with the new company.

Its a continuation, thats what happened when I tuped my employees to my new company, I had to physically write up new contracts for them.

I've worked for the same IT company for 25 years. In that time it has changed hands (and I've been TUPEd) 3 or 4 times - I've never had to sign a new contract. I thought the whole point of TUPE is that you keep your existing contractual terms.

What makes him a republican apologist? because he is reporting from a neutral point of view and isn't afraid to say it as he sees it? surely he is actually more of a unionist as the main crux of his argument is that rangers are quite clearly tax cheats stealing money from Queen and country (you know the 2 things that rangers fans throw in everyones faces as being proud supporters of) do you honestly think this man gives a toss about the small minded (old firm) scottish psyche that you have to be one or 'tother? you No8 seemed like quite a reasonable rangers fan the last few weeks but now there is a chink of light (hopefully a great white light before death) your true colours are shining through

Just having a little fun...after the few weeks i have had surely that is allowed? ;)

I am only sorry i was halfway up Ben Lomond when the news broke...i am sure it was great fun on here yesterday. :D

So this Miller guy is from just down the road. He owns Chattanooga FC. They are a top notch lower division outfit.

That said, it is a shame that no suitable Scottish owner could be found.

Love to see Rangers play a friendly of some sort over here...

Rangers will soon be a top notch lower division outfit biggrin.gif

Just having a little fun...after the few weeks i have had surely that is allowed? ;)

I am only sorry i was halfway up Ben Lomond when the news broke...i am sure it was great fun on here yesterday. :D

Ach fill your boots, you'll be getting it tight for the next decade

Tax avoidance is not a crime and the EBTs were legal at the time and declared in the company accounts and to the SFA. It was all open and above board.

How were the payments declared to the SFA? Were a copy of the agreements forwarded to them along with the players contracts?

Doubt it.

I've worked for the same IT company for 25 years. In that time it has changed hands (and I've been TUPEd) 3 or 4 times - I've never had to sign a new contract.

I had to sign a whole bunch of stuff when our company was taken over a few years back but mainly because of changes like notice periods changing from one month to three and that sort of nonsense I guess.

Of course you like him, he's your only hope, you would have loved Whyte last year when he was your only hope.

Its like having a 30 stone wife, if your a 50 stone mess your just happy to get your hole, everyone else is looking at you as walk down the street thinking "look at the state of that", thats Rangers and Bill Millar that is.

No, no. I hate the whole Rangers scam, David Murray, Bain, McLellend etc. Chancers, cowboys,cheats....

Would love to see them not just be liquidated but totally eliminated....

If only to reduce this sort of thing happening (from the Sun)

A CRAZED thug bit off part of a man’s ear in a pub brawl — then picked it up off the floor and ATE it.

The terrifying attack on victim Graeme Aitken, 39, in front of horrified staff was caught on CCTV.

Police are now hunting the brute after viewing shock footage of the gruesome assault at Whispers Bar in Tranent, East Lothian.

Publican Elliot Morgan said: “The footage we have is of an extremely good quality and you can see the guy pick up the bit of ear and put it in his mouth.

“He definitely didn’t spit it out. He swallowed it.”

Mr Aitken was rushed to hospital for reconstructive surgery after the top of his right ear was severed in Sunday’s attack but he has been left permanently disfigured.

Mr Morgan said: “We were quiet. Everyone steers clear of the pubs in Tranent on Old Firm days as there’s always trouble.

But we are where we are. I would put the chances of a newco with Miller at less than 50%, but if he does succeed I think he would be a breath of fresh air as he would come with a business head on. Probably he has a 5 year plan to get it sorted and in a decent state to then sell it on, He must have an exit strategy. In fact not that different from Fergus McCann at Celtic.

How were the payments declared to the SFA? Were a copy of the agreements forwarded to them along with the players contracts?

Doubt it.

Through the audited accounts. They are public documents are they not? The SFA also had the players contracts. Is this you just realisng everything about the EBTs was above board and public??

So this Miller guy is from just down the road. He owns Chattanooga FC. They are a top notch lower division outfit.

That said, it is a shame that no suitable Scottish owner could be found.

Love to see Rangers play a friendly of some sort over here...

"We've never talked to him," says Paul Rustand, marketer for the Chattanooga Football Club, the Scenic City's Minor League soccer franchise, now in its fourth season. "Had be known he were this interested in soccer, we would have bent his ear a little bit."

Are you Paul Clark in disguise?

Through the audited accounts. They are public documents are they not? The SFA also had the players contracts. Is this you just realisng everything about the EBTs was above board and public??

What's this "Big Tax Case" malarkey all about then?