whisky lovers

I was gifted more Whisky today so my collection has increased. Shame I'm too ill to drink any of it currently :bairn

Current Whiskys I have:

Miniatures:

Balvenie Doublewood 12 year

Balvenie Doublewood 17 year

Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 year

Glenfarclas 10 year

Glenfarclas 12 year

Glenfarclas 105 cask strength

Glenfiddich 12 year

Glenfiddich 15 year

Glenfiddich 18 year

Jura Origin 10 year

Jura Superstition

Jura Diurachs Own 16 year

Half Bottles:

Glenlivet 12 year

Glenmorangie 10 year

Dalwhinnie 15 year

Full Bottles:

Auchentoshan Classic

Miniatures:

Glenfarclas 10 year

Glenfarclas 12 year

Glenfiddich 12 year

Glenfiddich 15 year

Glenfiddich 18 year

Jura Origin 10 year

Jura Superstition

Are you Gail Sheridan?

Edited by Zen Archer

Miniatures:

Glenfarclas 10 year

Glenfarclas 12 year

Glenfiddich 12 year

Glenfiddich 15 year

Glenfiddich 18 year

Jura Origin 10 year

Jura Superstition

Are you Gail Sheridan?

I'd rather have a miniature to sample it, than be stuck with a bottle of something I absolutely hate!

Miniatures bought today

096fff46e6ca9fe3b401b74a60ba2067.image.1

Bunnahabhain_12yo_5cl_lg.jpg.jpg

How do you rate Bunnahabhain?

I also bought a Monkey Shoulder miniature, how do the P&B whisky connoisseurs rate this blend?.

I had a Bunnahabhain at a whisky festival in summer, it was a £325 a bottle one though and can't remember exactly what year, but it was brilliant.

At that price range now is the time to go and get something as there are big savings in Asda and Tesco and presumably elsewhere. Dalwhinnie 15 is a nice starter, you will get auchentoshan for that price at the moment.

Tbh it's all down to personal preference and to really taste the difference it's useful to try a few different ones together. Maybe a few of your mates could buy a couple of bottles each to compare and contrast or even head down the pub one evening and try a few different ones.

I got into whisky by visiting talisker distillery and someone telling me what tastes I'm looking for and how to taste it. It's all a sales pitch but it worked.

You can get a bottle of Tullymore Due Irish whisky for 20 quid its a great wee dram better than Jamiesons

Wild Turkey is were its at J.D might be more famous but nowhere near as smooth

Been drinking JD for years and its always my football social club or pub on football travels tipple. But Wild Turkey is a different class, harder to get hold off, more expensive, better tasting and the favourite choice drink of the much missed Hunter S. Thompson.

Edited by CityDave

Miniatures bought today

096fff46e6ca9fe3b401b74a60ba2067.image.1

Bunnahabhain_12yo_5cl_lg.jpg.jpg

How do you rate Bunnahabhain?

I also bought a Monkey Shoulder miniature, how do the P&B whisky connoisseurs rate this blend?.

Bunnahabhain is a great whisky. One of the more gentle islay malts so its a good one to start with.

Been drinking JD for years and its always my football social club or pub on football travels tipple. But Wild Turkey is a different class, harder to get hold off, more expensive, better tasting and the favourite choice drink of the much missed Hunter S. Thompson.

Hard to get a hold of yes especially for supermarkets Tesco is meant to sell it here and its not there.As for the price its about the same you cant get it for 17 quid,will be investing soon in it again when I am out at the sales.

I actually like blends, I'm not a whisky snob by any means and I want to be buried with a bottle of grouse. I quite like Chivas, was given a bottle today and I've ploughed straight into it once back at the house. I've been drinking it with ginger beer, but I feel my chest going and I'm coughing like a beagle so hot toddy it is for me.

I bought my dad the Ballantyne 17yo from the whisky shop, the one at £50 for his birthday. It's a superb dram, if you are looking for a really smooth blend and don't mind spending a wee bit, go for this. Saying that, the Johnny Walker explorers edition I picked up at Heathrow (you only get it on export) is also a superb dram. Hint of spices through it, goes great with a couple of ice cubes...

I'm very much a single malt man but my grandad only drinks blends.had some of his chivas regal 18 blue label and Johnny walker red today and have to say both were superb. Really smooth and drinkable neat.

Today Xmas treats were an old pultney 12- a standard great malt, a balvennie 12 signature limited edition - not opened yet and a talisker storm. Tbh the storm tatstes a bit young and I'm not sure there is a lot of depth to it. Disappointing as talisker is one of my firm favourites. Storm is marketed between the 10 yo and the 57degrees north. Tbh if you have the money go for the 57 and if you don't go for the 10, both in excellent whiskies and truth be told I preferred the blends to the storm.

Edited by invergowrie arab