What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Up

First time I've actually watched this movie. The first ten minutes were as powerful and terrific as everyone kept telling me it was.

The rest of the movie was a bit meh, although I can understand why people loved it.

Overall: 7/10 (I originally gave this a 6 but the opening deserved a bonus point).

Up

First time I've actually watched this movie. The first ten minutes were as powerful and terrific as everyone kept telling me it was.

The rest of the movie was a bit meh, although I can understand why people loved it.

Overall: 7/10 (I originally gave this a 6 but the opening deserved a bonus point).

Come on admit you had a wee tear in the eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

I finally watched The Room last night. I thought it would be good in the same way that Sharknado or Arachnoquake are watchable, but it's so much more than that. I need to rewatch it soon because I missed large parts due to laughing so much. I didn't manage to see any spoons either.

Johnny is a wonderful person.

I finally watched The Room last night. I thought it would be good in the same way that Sharknado or Arachnoquake are watchable, but it's so much more than that. I need to rewatch it soon because I missed large parts due to laughing so much. I didn't manage to see any spoons either.

The spoons are in the picture frames. Once noticed the picture is everywhere.

Haha, what a story Mordecai.

Daddy's Home

I admit that I have a soft spot for both Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell. I thought that this was actually pretty funny in an inoffensive 90-minute comedy type way. Some decent laughs and for the second time in a few months John Cena appeared on the screen in front of me at the cinema, the man is a prolific actor.

6.5/10

Catch Me If You Can

Apart from being a magnificent movie, I'm an hour in and Di Caprio has already ridden Ellen Pompeo, Elizabeth Banks and Jennifer Garner, and is now about to nail Amy Adams. Lucky bastage.

Oh you are a mucky kid, are you sure you have a ligit version of the film?

Catch me if you can, sounds more like catch an STD if you can, to me?

Grimbo

Untraceable - Diane Lane works for the FBI tracking down internet scammers and suchlike, until an evil genius serial killer appears...blah blah blah, you can probably work out the rest.

Fairly by-the-numbers serial thriller, which at least seems to have paid lip service to technical detail, albeit with the obvious layer of make-believe you'd expect. Not bad to kill some time with, but not worth seeking out. Most surprising thing was that I didn't recognise Diane Lane despite her name being very familiar, and it turns out that the only film I've ever seen her in was Chaplin more than twenty years ago (and don't remember even slightly).

Untraceable - Diane Lane works for the FBI tracking down internet scammers and suchlike, until an evil genius serial killer appears...blah blah blah, you can probably work out the rest.

Fairly by-the-numbers serial thriller, which at least seems to have paid lip service to technical detail, albeit with the obvious layer of make-believe you'd expect. Not bad to kill some time with, but not worth seeking out. Most surprising thing was that I didn't recognise Diane Lane despite her name being very familiar, and it turns out that the only film I've ever seen her in was Chaplin more than twenty years ago (and don't remember even slightly).

Are you trying to tell me that you haven't seen Streets Of Fire?

You'd be hard pushed to find a cheesier '80s action movie.

9306467893_687dfa86f5_b.jpg

Rocky IV - An absolute 10/10 for me.

Loved it when i was younger and still love it. One of the few films that i can safely say i watch to the end if i come across it on one of the movie channels by accident. The soundtrack is superb as well

Are you trying to tell me that you haven't seen Streets Of Fire?

You'd be hard pushed to find a cheesier '80s action movie.

Not only have I not seen it, I don't think I'd heard of it either.

Added to the LoveFilm list :thumsup2

Rocky IV - An absolute 10/10 for me.

Loved it when i was younger and still love it. One of the few films that i can safely say i watch to the end if i come across it on one of the movie channels by accident. The soundtrack is superb as well

Without a doubt a personal favourite of mine since I was about 4. Great soundtrack- I personally find the instrumental score during the final fight a huge adrenaline rush when listening to it during gym sessions

The Revenant - 7/10

Brutal, unrelenting and tbh a little bit disappointing. It was decent and technically amazing but missing something to be truly a great film. Also big mistake sticking Di Caprio and Hardy in as the leads for me, exactly the sort of film that would have benefited from relatively unknown actors rather than the constant distraction that you're watching a big budget Hollywood movie.

Not sure if the casting made any difference for me. Thought Hardy was utterly brilliant, losing all of his charm and leaving nothing but menace.

The only disappointment in it for me was the dream scenes, which seemed completely out of place and shifted the atmosphere which I thought was quite important.

I'd go 9 on a second watch.

I was really underwhelmed with the Revenant. It was technically great but it was overlong (cutting out some of the numerous lengthy shots of snow covered trees and mountains would be a start). It's basically Leo dragging himself through a forest for two and a half hours.