What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. - 5/10. Utterly boring throughout which is the first time I've ever said that about a Guy Ritchie film and its a shame because I really enjoyed the performances from Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill.

Saw Hateful 8 tonight, very let down. Someone should do a spoof with Tarentino's head superimposed on the actors heads, it felt like he was talking to himself sitting in the shithouse, one plot device of many that nothing came of. Zero character development. It's your own fault if you open the spoiler if you haven't seen it.

Warning, spoiler!

Ooh, there's someone in the basement! What a crappy twist.

An American Werewolf In London. Looking pretty dated now, in all fairness, but still worth watching for the pure radiance that is a young Jenny Agutter. I'd totally forgotten the Nazi zombie dream, for some reason, and also how abrupt the ending is. The cinema scene is still pretty funny, as is the return from the zoo. Still a solid seven.

Solid 7 my tits! An American Werewolf is an absolute classic. It really started the black comedy/horror genre, (it was the most successful attempt anyway), and the special effects were revolutionary - they still look terrific today and that first transformation scene is one of the finest examples of body-shock cinema ever. It remains one of the best horrors of all time and is definitely the best werewolf film ever put on celluloid, (it's also one of my top 10 films of all time). (plus Jenny Agutter exposes her mams).

You should be ashamed of yourself. :P

Beware the moon.

Saw Hateful 8 tonight, very let down. Someone should do a spoof with Tarentino's head superimposed on the actors heads, it felt like he was talking to himself sitting in the shithouse, one plot device of many that nothing came of. Zero character development. It's your own fault if you open the spoiler if you haven't seen it.

Warning, spoiler!

I really enjoyed it, actually think I preferred it to The Revenant tbh.

Creed - 7/10 - Pretty good if you have seen the previous Rocky films. Rocky suddenly appears to be a lot more articulate and insightful perhaps grown with age. One pretty basic error that bugged me was that the fight in Liverpool was at night and its pitch dark so lets assume say 9 to 11 pm yes Mrs Creed was watching from her LA home and it was pitch dark there. I remember something similar with American Snipper where USA and Iraq both appeared to be in the same time zone.Nice way to keep the legacy going rather than 70 something rocky in the ring or a reboot.

Warning, spoiler!

Totally agree. It's like he came up with what he thought was some cool, innovative idea to show a film in the location for 3 hours but there was no characters that you could have affinity towards, the story was boring and not as clever as he thought it was. Just an exercise in self indulgence. Rotten.

Totally agree. It's like he came up with what he thought was some cool, innovative idea to show a film in the location for 3 hours but there was no characters that you could have affinity towards, the story was boring and not as clever as he thought it was. Just an exercise in self indulgence. Rotten.

Only surprising thing is how quickly the 3 hours went in such a disappointing film. I suppose it was the expecting some development in the plot to kick in any moment. I'll be watching The Big Short despite mixed reviews, finished Flash Boys book recently on a similar theme, well worth a read.

What did your parents make of the film, WB? Was the scene before the interval uncomfortable? :lol:

There wasn't an interval in Inverness unless I snoozed through it. My parents were happily drugged up and chained to a radiator at home, thanks for asking.

Now You See Me was thoroughly enjoyable. Plot twists a plenty and the cast are very, very good. 8/10

Watched this earlier thanks to this post, cheers! Very enjoyable film with quite a few big names.Don't know how I let this one slip past me. Isla Fisher :wub: .

Magic tricks just blow my mind. The Prestige with Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman is brilliant as well.

There wasn't an interval in Inverness unless I snoozed through it. My parents were happily drugged up and chained to a radiator at home, thanks for asking.

Shame; it was just the right length for a very satisfying shite. The interval, not the whole film.