What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Sully - 7/10.  Saw this on Monday at the cinema and was impressed.  Didn't know anything about the investigation afterwards so found it quite interesting.  Hanks was good as was Harvey Dent as the co-pilot.

Half the film was spent trying to remember where I knew people from (TV show wise).  Laura Linney and Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) were in Frasier towards the end, Anna Gunn obviously was in Breaking Bad, Pheobe's cop boyfriend appears and one of the many crazy wifies from Desperate Housewives was one of the passengers.

The one whose name I couldn't remember was Holt McCallany who plays Mike.  Couldn't remember where I'd seen him before - CSI Miami

(18)

Cinderella Huntsman 3.1/10

Can't even remember the real title now, bailed on this at the cinema but no escaping last night as Mrs C's choice on Sky...The one where Thor is the Huntsman. Nick Frost and Rob Bryden turn up as midgets and Sheridan Smith is one as well. That really pale actress from Bravo Tango One Zero: Kill Bin Laden is miscast as someone you'd like to bang

Hacksaw Ridge 9/10

Simply outstanding. Up there with some of the greatest war movies ever made. Andrew Garfield plays Desmond Doss, a WWII army medic who refuses to kill people based on his beliefs. He goes through a bit of an ordeal during his army training but the same people who treated him like shite, soon come to realise that hes more of a hero than all of them. Truly memorable and should pick up Oscars despite the academys hatred of director Mel Gibson

13 Hours:The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
Ammuuricca f**k YEH!  Should have been the title ,A Micheal Bay directed dramatisation of events at the US embassy compound in Iraq which saw a bunch of mercenaries hold off an attack by militants. It has the usual Bay subtleties but to be fair given the subject you're expecting an explosion or 2.  it's a decent enough film and the C.O.D fans will love it.I'll go 6/10

Apart from Benghazi being in Libya, that's a fairly reasonable explanation.

Anyway, I watched Passengers at the cinema the other night. Starts off really good, but the ending was fairly pish. CGI is impressive. Jennifer Lawrence is phenomenal.

12 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Hacksaw Ridge 9/10

Simply outstanding. Up there with some of the greatest war movies ever made. Andrew Garfield plays Desmond Doss, a WWII army medic who refuses to kill people based on his beliefs. He goes through a bit of an ordeal during his army training but the same people who treated him like shite, soon come to realise that hes more of a hero than all of them. Truly memorable and should pick up Oscars despite the academys hatred of director Mel Gibson

Seeing this on Monday - cannot wait.  Looks fantastic and glad to see it's got a positive review on PnB!  A sure fire sign that it's a good film...

Hacksaw Ridge 9/10

What he said. Tremendous....9/10

Deadpool

I'm not usually one for these marvel films but I really enjoyed it. Good action scenes and was very funny at times. Ryan Reynolds the undoubted star.
8/10

Zootropolis
Watched this with the kids last night. Pretty good effort I thought. A few twists as well to keep it interesting.
7/10

La La Land 

9.5/10 

Loved it. Blubbed a fair bit. The music is great, some really stunning cinematography, the two leads are fantastic. JK Simmons appears to stagger straight in off the set of Whiplash early on.

Reminded me of a softer, dreamier version Blue Valentine. Ryan Gosling is just Ryan Gosling but Emma Stone is really incredible - I'd be amazed if she doesn't win the Oscar for best actress. 

Straight outta Compton

Iv had this downloaded for about 4 months and never had the 2 plus hours to sit and watch it. Really enjoyed it. Not entirely sure how true to life it really was but having 2 of the members of N.W.A directing it makes me think it's got to be pretty spot on. It certainly looked like they had fun [emoji3]

8/10

The lobster
Wow wtf did i just watch 
1/10

Completely agree with the description, completely disagree with the rating. Was a 9/10 for me, thought it was magnificent. Completely mental, but a brilliant commentary on modern pressure to "find a mate" and an excellent black comedy at times as well. Really enjoyed Colin Farrel's performance too.

La la land 7/10

Not my favourite film genre but an enjoyable enough movie. Stone is terrific and whilst it didnt blow me away, it will no doubt sweep the boards at the Oscars due to it being a bit different