What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Gentlemen

Loved this. Great, well knitted together plot, with some twisty twists. Lot of red herrings and a satisfying conclusion. Great cast, with the highlight being High Grant playing the most un-Hugh Grant character ever. Colin Farrell was also very enjoyable to watch.

The Gentlemen

I saw it too and I have to agree with your review, I thought it was a very enjoyable film. Guy Ritchie has had some absolute stinkers in the past but I put this up with Lock Stock and Snatch. 9/10.

Went to see this and was actually pretty impressed. Was ridiculously funny, Hugh Grant is outstanding while McCounghey and Farrell play their parts really well. It maybe got a bit convoluted towards the end but it shouldn’t be a film you go into expecting a solid plot/story. More of a switch off and enjoy action(?)/comedy.

Bombshell - 7/10
Decent enough watch but there is just something about Nicole Kidman's acting that I just never enjoy. Story of Roger Ayles and how he used his power to abuse women.  Theron is excellent as is Robbie.
I enjoyed it but it's not a patch on The Loudest Voice which was on Showtime in the US.
Agree with the 7/10

Joker - 20/10..

Late to the party here. Have seen literally thousands of films in my life and I have learned to ignore all the hyped up reviews that go along with so called blockbusters. Having seen original releases of  Cuckoos nest, Deer hunter, Godfather and Goodfellas, I always rated DeNiro as the main man. Quite possibly THE greatest performance from an actor that I have ever seen. Take a bow.

Jaoquin Pheonix.

16 minutes ago, supermik said:

Joker - 20/10..

Late to the party here. Have seen literally thousands of films in my life and I have learned to ignore all the hyped up reviews that go along with so called blockbusters. Having seen original releases of  Cuckoos nest, Deer hunter, Godfather and Goodfellas, I always rated DeNiro as the main man. Quite possibly THE greatest performance from an actor that I have ever seen. Take a bow.

Jaoquin Pheonix.

De Niro still is the greatest of all time for me (Closely followed by the likes of Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino, Marlon Brando etc) but I reckon Phoenix is a cracking shout for modern era.

He elevates films. Even shite films, he raises the bar and makes the character interesting.

Im going to have to go against the grain and say that i thought Joker was garbage. Had been looking forward to it but bar a couple of scenes, its the most overrated film of the past decade

Jojo Rabbit 8/10 - Loved it
Knives Out 7/10 - braw whodunnit
Eli 3/10 - nonsense

Watched a weird version of the '73 Wicker Man last night that I'd recorded ages ago on Film4HD (which is actually important).

It was clearly either an extended cut or the original cut remastered, because there were quite a few scenes that hadn't been enhanced from its initial state, making for some pretty minging image quality in between HD pictures.

While it was incredibly distracting, it was quite an interesting delve into the mind of a film editor, seeing the shortest of scenes (sometimes not even five seconds) that they felt didn't serve a purpose, and others that were halved in length.

I have absolutely no idea why Film4 decided that this was the version that they wanted to air though.

Erik the Red

First time watching this in years. Still a decent film, but it lacks the inventiveness and creativity Terry Gilliam films have and therefore just feels like a rejected idea of us. Also, Mickey Rooney as Tim Robbins grandfather? Who are you trying to kid.

6/10

Edited by Comrie

9 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Strongly recommend that anyone see this. Absolutely fantastic.

Yes. Preferably on the biggest screen you can get near. Mendes never disappoints, but this is a gem even by his (very) high standards. Deserves some Oscar nods at least.

Us - Sky Cinema

Wasn't sure what to expect about this. Had seen good reviews at the time but horror is rarely my genre of choice.

It was a good watch though. Really eerie atmosphere with some great music and a great lead performance. Really creepy premise and some great, gory scenes. Would recommend.