What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Rocky Balboa - If you loved the previous Rocky films, you will like this. Just a shame Rocky dies at the end.

8/10

For fucksake Carlos, what was the fucking point of telling us that? <_<

I hate Rocky films but might have had a look at this to see how much cop it is. No fucking point now is there? :rolleyes:

Snakes on a plane 5/10.Bit to scary for me. :unsure:

I haven't watched it, but one thing bugs me about it (and is also the reason I haven't watched it yet).

Snakes are cold blooded reptiles, right? Snakes need heat before they can do anything, right? So why not turn off all the heating and let the plane temperature drop to below zero. While all the passengers are sitting wrapped up in blankets sipping cocoa, the snakes will be freezing their, er, scales off, unable to move.

However I believe one comment about the film was...

"Snakes on a plane? Pffft! They should try a wasp on a bus!" :P

A "heads up" about an excellent movie about to start on Film 4+1 at 10pm (Sky channel 316)

Memento is superb but you really have to stick with it and give it your full concentration.

If you've never seen it before you're in for a treat.

Most expensive DVD I ever bought that was! £20 odd or something.

Well worth it though, one of my favourite films.

Never watch it in the company of a female though. :ph34r:

Snakes are cold blooded reptiles, right? Snakes need heat before they can do anything, right? So why not turn off all the heating and let the plane temperature drop to below zero. While all the passengers are sitting wrapped up in blankets sipping cocoa, the snakes will be freezing their, er, scales off, unable to move.

You have to watch the movie to see what they do to the snakes.

You have to watch the movie to see what they do to the snakes.

or simply carry a mongoose with you everywhere you go.

It doesn't matter that they have sprayed the place with snake pheremones, they still get their energy from outwith their own bodies. They need the heat from the sun or an external source to provide them with energy.

I still can't believe they killed Rocky.

Went to see Apocalypto last night. Don't know how historically accurate it is, apparently many scholars of indigenous American civilisations have criticised it, but as a film I thought it worked very well. The main character, jaguar Paw, village is attacked by a rival tribe who destroy their homes and take them prisoner. The villagers are then taken on a journey through various Mayan lands until they arrive at a city, who inhabitants seem to be afflicted by drought, failing crops and disease. The film then deals with their fate and Jaguar Paws attempts to escapte back to his family.

It does feature some pretty sickening violence (human sacrifice, heads being caved in with clubs etc) but I didn't think it was excessive. I thought the portrayal of the 'dying civilisation' of the city was very clever - it made me think of the last days of Rome, with the decadence and reliance on pagan religion as people died.

I'd give it 8/10.

Dead Man's Shoes 8/10

Very good film from an up and coming director this. An intense performance by Paddy Considine really made the film. Although i felt the story was maybe slightly convenient in places (when the older guy is shot, i forget his name), it was still superb and the storyline in general was very very well written and interesting. The violent murders were well thought out i felt that the whole 'Gas Mask' thing helped create a very eerie atmosphere at times which lifted the film. Thanks to the film i now know what Cheyne Stoking means also. I recommend this to be watched by anybody as it one of the better British films out there, i picked it up for £5.99 on DVD.

Edited by Jammy

Dead Man's Shoes 8/10

Very good film from an up and coming director this. An intense performance by Paddy Considine really made the film. Although i felt the story was maybe slightly convenient in places (when the older guy is shot, i forget his name), it was still superb and the storyline in general was very very well written and interesting. The violent murders were well thought out i felt that the whole 'Gas Mask' thing helped create a very eerie atmosphere at times which lifted the film. Thanks to the film i now know what Cheyne Stoking means also. I recommend this to be watched by anybody as it one of the better British films out there, i picked it up for £5.99 on DVD.

I watched that at the weekend too and am in wholehearted agreement. It was quite brutal, yet quite touching at the same time.

I also saw Pan's Labyrinth at the weekend. Utterly brilliant. The Captain and the Monster with eyes in it's hands are to of the most chilling characters I have seen on screen in a long time. The young actress was absolutely superb. A bit fat 9/10.