What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

'The pursuit of happyness' - utter garbage! :angry:

Had they somehow included the part about the blokes early years where his father beat him and his mother, his mother killed his father after years of abuse and his uncle raped him as a child perhaps you'd have been a tad more understanding whilst watching said movie ;)

Just finished watching "Irreversible".

Its been over a year since I last watched it and then I was just shaking my head...shocked (and it takes a lot) at what I had just watched during the 90-odd minutes gone by.

This time, yes, it's still shocking but I now acknowledge that it is a magnificent piece of film-making by director Gaspar Noé.

The reverse chronology of the "gist" is essential, otherwise it would be as cheap as any "video nasty" of the 80s. Not wanting to give too much away for those who haven't seen it, to work backwards ends the movie on a high given the horrors (and those two scenes in particular) which precede it.

Almost all of the scenes were filmed live, uncut, and with very little script which is testament to the acting and direction of those involved.

To sum up...the content and subject matter are shocking...absolutely no doubt about it.

However, if you're a devotee, a student of how to make film, it's captivating.

Edit...my score...8/10

Edited by Frank Booth

It is indeed a difficult movie to watch in parts but worth it.

I watched Blade Runner again last night, the Directors Cut.

Harrison Ford should seriously reassess his views on it, a modern masterpiece. I don't think I can add anymore than what has already been said about this film. Quite beautiful, considerably tragic, in many ways a futuristic Frankenstein story.

9/10

Almost all of the scenes were filmed live, uncut, and with very little script which is testament to the acting and direction of those involved.

Is Vincent Cassell in that film? A sensational actor, and apparently famed for his energetic approach to improvisation.

Last night I went to see the new Rocky film.

Well I didn't, I went to see White Noise 2 (5/10), but the new trailer for Rocky pretty much gives away the entire film & plot - the only thing I don't know about the film is who wins!

Is that the big guy that was in Friday with Ice Cube?

Was he not Kingpin in that Ben Affleck superhero dross too?

Wasn't that Michael Clarke Duncan?

Whenever I think of Zeus, I think of the villain from Hulk Hogan wrestling movie No Holds Barred.

Last night I went to see the new Rocky film.

Well I didn't, I went to see White Noise 2 (5/10), but the new trailer for Rocky pretty much gives away the entire film & plot - the only thing I don't know about the film is who wins!

Reviews for Rocky have been pretty good.....might go see it. Don't tell me who wins! :lol:

Reviews for Rocky have been pretty good.....might go see it. Don't tell me who wins! :lol:

Honestly, I won't give away anything, but if you see the new trailer for it, the winner of the end fight is literally the only thing you don't know about the film!

I thought the film lookedstunning, beautiful even, and the performances were great, but it was excruciatingly boring.

I quite like those types of film, but I can see where you are coming from.

I can understand why it was nominated for several Oscars.

Whenever I think of Zeus, I think of the villain from Hulk Hogan wrestling movie No Holds Barred.

Tiny Lister, was a wrestler years ago under the name of Zeus, hence his appearance in Hogan's movie, he was also in Hellborn, which I'm in pain even thinking about it was that bad.

Skinned Deep - 6.5/10 terrible acting and a terrible script which made it highly amusing in parts, some of the gorey scenes were not too bad and the character plates was hilarious, salty would probably like this a lot

Skinned Deep - 6.5/10 terrible acting and a terrible script which made it highly amusing in parts, some of the gorey scenes were not too bad and the character plates was hilarious, salty would probably like this a lot

I did, it has Warwick Davis in it :D

Honestly, I won't give away anything, but if you see the new trailer for it, the winner of the end fight is literally the only thing you don't know about the film!

Its a draw. Rocky dies though.