What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I went to see Rocky Balboa at the cinema last night - can't be bothered typing out the same appraisal I did in the film thread. Suffice to say, IMO its the best since the original.

A thrilling return to form - 8/10

Going back to my original question, having surround sound will add nothing to the film. It was probably not even made for stereo speakers.

I suppose, just really pissing me off as I've tried replacing the speaker etc etc, looks like it might be the amp itself :( Everything was seperates and the amp cost £250 :(

Did sound like they had rem-mixed it for surround sound but as you say it's not life or death........

24 Hour Party People

For anyone who has ever liked any band who were on Factory Records or for others like me who had an interest in all things Factory this is a treat.

Steve Coogan is superb as Anthony H Wilson and while it covers low points such as Ian Curtis' hanging and the ultimate destruction of the label this is a witty and poignant coverage of the subject.

Fantastic soundtrack from many of those portayed

8.5/10

24 Hour Party People

For anyone who has ever liked any band who were on Factory Records or for others like me who had an interest in all things Factory this is a treat.

Steve Coogan is superb as Anthony H Wilson and while it covers low points such as Ian Curtis' hanging and the ultimate destruction of the label this is a witty and poignant coverage of the subject.

Fantastic soundtrack from many of those portayed

8.5/10

Paddy Considine is simply brilliant in this film.

Control:The Ian Curtis Film is out later this year if anyone is interested. New Order are producing the soundtrack and will be re-recording a few Joy Division tracks as Joy Division for the film. Deborah Curtis and Tony Wilson are co-producing it and Anton Corbijn is directing so expect much black and whiteness, stark contrasts and grainy film.

Went to see Babel last night. Very earnest and worthy, three storylines interwoven into one moving tale. A great film even if you come out at the end wondering what's wrong with the world. Apart from the Moroccan tour guide who is my new hero and an absolute good egg. 8/10

:angry:

The best horror film in the last three decades, only gets a 6.... take it you don't like horror then?

Wasn't confusing in the slightest.

sorry watched it on the net cut bits out then watched it on dvd was brilliant

9/10

Smokin Aces - Very hard to follow (but not in a good way), action scenes are good, so is soundtrack. Good performance from Jeremy Piven and Ryan Renolds in his first serious role. The way the storyline is set and told is what lets the film down. 6/10

Blood Diamond - Beautifully shot film, Good performance from Di Caprio and a very convincing South African accent. Emotional at times, esp near the end.Becomes a tad distant in the middle part of the film but thats the only criticism i can say. Good Good film 9/10

Little Miss Sunshine - Nominated for lots of Oscars and awards etc. Went to see what all the fuss is about and I still dont get it. Didnt find it very funny, was pretty boring. Storyline was ok and stuff. maybe just wasnt my type of film - I wouldnt watch it again. 4/10

Guest SavotheGreat

Battle Royale - Story of a load of kids being sent to a desert island to battle for their lives in a last man standing type thing. Apparently society is being ruined by these kids and this will teach them right from wrong. Who needs asbo's? :rolleyes:

It was a good film, it became a bit arduous towards the end - after all, how many different ways can you actually kill a person? The sequel was shown on Film4 recently, I didn't catch it but apparently it sucks.

I'd say 7.5/10

p.s. if we're talking Japanese films, take in old boy, pretty cool.

Rocky Balboa - It was good, just as good as three, not quite as good as four or one. I'm sure you all know the story, Rocky watches a computer simulating a fight between himself and the heavyweight champ, it spurs him on, he fights his demons and gets back in the ring. To be honest, I thought the whole Adrian thing was a bit to sentimental, but I was pleased that it didn't take itself to seriously.

I would give it a 7, well worth a watch.