What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I watched Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny - probably the greatest movie ever made last night, and a resounding 10/10.

It had everything you would want in a film, Satan, magic mushrooms, Yeti's, Ben Stiller, great music, a terrific plot and the two greatest screen performances since Kramer vs Kramer.

Im not sure anyone who is not a Tenacious D fan would like it right enough, but I loved every single minute, as did my two D loving daughters.

I watched Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny - probably the greatest movie ever made last night, and a resounding 10/10.

It had everything you would want in a film, Satan, magic mushrooms, Yeti's, Ben Stiller, great music, a terrific plot and the two greatest screen performances since Kramer vs Kramer.

Im not sure anyone who is not a Tenacious D fan would like it right enough, but I loved every single minute, as did my two D loving daughters.

We are the D!

I can also confirm that the above film is simply the greatest hour and a half of sheer enjoyable film ever made.

The Last Kiss - 4/10

It's a strange sort of film which after quite a good start the ending is just so dissapointing and pointless. Also with Zach Braff in the film I did expect it to be a little more comedic than it actually was.

Not sure if you'd class it as a 'movie' as such, but anyway, I watched 'No Direction Home', the Martin Scorcese documentary on Bob Dylan last night.

I thought it was brilliant, but I think any non- fans might find it really boring, It was interesting to hear Dylan interviewed, talking about his past and stuff, something which he rearely does.

My girlfirend didn't find the film quite so fascinating, preferring instead to do ironing halfway through it.

But if you're a fan of Dylan, or indeed, into music , you'd like this.

9/10

The Last Kiss - 4/10

It's a strange sort of film which after quite a good start the ending is just so dissapointing and pointless. Also with Zach Braff in the film I did expect it to be a little more comedic than it actually was.

I watched it on Thursday night, the ending was totally flat. Reminded me of essay writing in school, when you'd put so much effort into the rest of it, but were totally sick of the thing as you neared the end you rushed the finish with no real thought.

I watched a few over in Warsaw at the end of last week

Last King of Scotland / Hollywoodland / The Pursuit of Happyness

All were watchable but not classic. Last King of Scotland was the best of the three by far.

Last night I watched Lost in Translation (again). Brilliant.

United 93.

Not an 'enjoyable' film but very impressive. The tension isbuilt up very well, particularly in the moments leading up to the hijack on the plane. The pieces in the air-traffic control towers really convey the chaos of the day and the panic amongst the controllers. As usual with Greengrass he uses the shaky-camera documentary style to great affect.

The actual hijack is well played I think - the violence of the takeover is pretty sickening and the hijackers are shown to be aggressive and brutal. However, he also shows the nervousness, panic and confusion that they must have felt when executing the murders - the pilot in particular seems lost. The storming of the cockpit is well played, a truly heroic act.