What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

:lol::lol:

For someone who watches so many films Salty, you really are fúcking clueless.

Nae offence :P

Never seen it, only a loser would watch it after the disaster that was The Mummy Returns.

But I stand by it not being a prequel.

There was no need to change that part of the film from the book. It just made the plot seem disjointed. In the book the copy is identical in everyway apart from it is cold and lifeless. The transported man is the original Angier. Angier knows that Borden will come that night as Borden's curiosity was as intense as Angier's curiosity about the original transporting man trick. It is also the first night at a new theatre which lacks in security. Angier sets the whole thing up. He knows what Borden is going to do even before Borden knows.

I might have to read the book. Having them completely identical was good from the point of view of the morality of the trick, it made Angier the 'badder' of the two/three. From the POV of 'knowing' Borden will come though, it is a 100 night run. In the book is it one night only? Apparently there may be a further twist at the end of the film, as there is a hint that the 'wrong' Borden collects the girl.

I might have to read the book. Having them completely identical was good from the point of view of the morality of the trick, it made Angier the 'badder' of the two/three. From the POV of 'knowing' Borden will come though, it is a 100 night run. In the book is it one night only? Apparently there may be a further twist at the end of the film, as there is a hint that the 'wrong' Borden collects the girl.

The book is very good, but beware, it's nothing like the film. It's much better. I did also like the film but found the book to be the better of the two despite the wholesale changes between them.

Watching Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade just now,Amazing to think that it is 19 years old

I watched it as well. Superb from start to finish.

Julian Glover (who played Donovan) and was turned to dust had that happen to him in a previous movie, Quatermass and the Pit (a wee bit of trivia for you)

Southern Comfort 10/10

It's part psychological thriller, part straight-up, exciting 'chase' movie, and it's oddly darkly funny. A group of National Guard soldiers get hunted down by the locals in the Louisiana swamps after the steal some boats. It's got an absolutely. brilliantly tense ending and the brooding and excellently-named Powers Boothe is fantastic in it. The location is atmospheric and creepy and the soundtrack by Ry Cooder is perfect.

It's a bit like Deliverance, but much better.

Why the hell would anyone pay to see Meet The Spartans? Were you expecting it to be good!?

People will go and see anything that's new. It doesn't matter how many bad reviews it gets or even if the supreme being personally visits you to tell you it's like rubbing dogshit on your eyes, people will still wander into the multiplex to see it.

Remember Norbit? Possibly the worst reviews I've seen for any film ever. Clearly total shite and yet it's the biggest film in the UK in its opening week.

The Orphanage.

Cracking film. I'm a big wuss when it comes to scary movies, so there was a fair bit of squirming in my seat watching this one.

Best bit of the night was the lassie at the counter at the Cineworld who looked down her nose at my mate and I and said "You do realise that this is in Spanish with subtitles?"

I felt like saying "Really?! I'll not fucking bother then! Fucking reading....."

Anyway 8.5/10

Premonition - Memento style time thriller which never really gets going. Neither Sandra Bullock nor Julian McMahon add any depth to their characters, and as is the norm with time travel films, plot holes aplenty. The pace is also quite slow.

Not a great film at all, really. 4/10

Watched this last night. Agree with what you say, but 5/10, I've added an extra point for Julian McMahons eyebrows. Scary stuff. :o

Hulk (2003)

2/10

Bloody awful film, with a shocking performance by Nick Nolte. Embarrassingly bad!!

A point each for Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly both making the most of a terrible script, with an awful back-up cast!