What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I saw it at the Imax last night, loved it! 9/10

I agree with you about Dent/Two Face, I loved the way he came to be especially the

charring of the 2 headed coin.

Ledger was outstanding as The Joker, he totally nailed it. He was scary, funny and came across completely insane all at the same time.

I also loved some of the things The Joker came out with, like when he compared himself to a dog chasing a car - he has no idea what he'd do if he caught it, but he just does it anyway. It was clever the way that the Joker was portrayed as a mad chaotic dog, and at the beginning of the film batman needs a new suit - to help him fight dogs :D .

"The Joker's just a mad dog, I want whoever let him off the leash."

As KB said with the white knight being mentioned etc, there is lots of brilliant wee touches that really made the film.

Aye, I loved the Joker and especially that bit about being "a dog chasing cars". Alfred also had a great line about "some people just want to see the world burn" which I thought was fantastic.

Also in the same scene that Fox tells Wayne that his suit is "cat proof", is that a hint?

;)

Aye, I loved the Joker and especially that bit about being "a dog chasing cars". Alfred also had a great line about "some people just want to see the world burn" which I thought was fantastic.

Also in the same scene that Fox tells Wayne that his suit is "cat proof", is that a hint?

;)

Yeah, pretty much everything Alfred said was meaningful in some way. I suppose you could say that about the whole film though, there was no meaningless dialogue, everything said was said for a reason.

And it was definitely a hint! That was actually the first thing I said to my friends when we came out of the cinema! I hope they do the Penguin again as well (maybe not in the same film as Catwoman though?), but not the ridiculous comedy 'Tim Burton' version of Batman Returns. He has the potential to be really terrifying I think.

Edit - Maybe they'll continue the animal theme in the next one (albeit a bit more blatant) and have Penguin and Catwoman?

Edited by Seanaldinho

:o We couldn't have that, how would we cope without JBM on Pie and Bovril? :lol::lol:

at least counting would be much less busy :lol:;)

Edited by JBM

Scooby-Doo (2002)

Pretty average for a cartoon-cum-live action kids film, although a bonus point for it combining Isla Fisher, Sarah Michelle Gellar and for Scooby punching Freddie Prinze Jr.

6/10

EDIT: Adding bold...

Edited by SaltyTON

I too am just back from seeing The Dark Knight, however up until last night I hadn't seen Batman Begins, so we watched that first.

Batman Begins is great. Good backstory, and sets the scene for how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman. But the villain is pretty weak when compared to The Joker. I'd give it 7/10.

The Dark Knight is also excellent, and Heath Ledger is nothing short of phenomenal as The Joker. No motive, no reason, just pure insanity. I'd give it an 8 but it gets an extra for Ledger's performance, so 9/10.

I too am just back from seeing The Dark Knight, however up until last night I hadn't seen Batman Begins, so we watched that first.

Batman Begins is great. Good backstory, and sets the scene for how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman. But the villain is pretty weak when compared to The Joker. I'd give it 7/10.

The Dark Knight is also excellent, and Heath Ledger is nothing short of phenomenal as The Joker. No motive, no reason, just pure insanity. I'd give it an 8 but it gets an extra for Ledger's performance, so 9/10.

I've never seen Batman Begins but I'm thinking about going to see The Dark Night this weekend. Does it stand on its own or would I be missing out on important plots and storylines unless I watch Batman Begins first?

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

I've never seen Batman Begins but I'm thinking about going to see The Dark Night this weekend. Does it stand on its own or would I be missing out on important plots and storylines unless I watch Batman Begins first?

I'd recommend watching Batman Begins first.

The Dark Knight

I didn't want to read too much into the hype surrounding Heath Ledger, but he steals the show with a stunning performance.

8/10

That's how I felt. I thought it would be an okay performance that was hyped up since his death, but he really is absolutely fantastic in it.

We Were Soldiers (2002)

I had to think hard about the greatest war film of all-time, and this just beats Saving Private Ryan and Tears of the Sun into 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Lay me doon

in the caul caul groon

Whaur afore

monie mair huv gaun

:bairn

10/10

We Were Soldiers (2002)

I had to think hard about the greatest war film of all-time, and this just beats Saving Private Ryan and Tears of the Sun into 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Lay me doon

in the caul caul groon

Whaur afore

monie mair huv gaun

:bairn

10/10

Salty if you liked the film then read the book ;)

I agree with you 100% it is a fantastic film

City of God

Had the DVD and been meaning to watch this for a while. I though it was a great film, its only downful being a tad hard to keep track of who was who. Mum didn't like it, "everyone was just trying to shoot each other". Mind you she thinks Hugh Grant films are great...

8.5/10 Very good