What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

A Sense of Freedom(1981)

the Jimmy Boyle story.have been hearing about this for years and recorded it when STV done the scottish films season.David Hayman is very good,but some of the other characters were very one dimensional,like the robby guy played by rab c's posh brother hugh.

6/10

The Godfather Part 2 ( 1974 )

If ever there was a perfect example of perfect epic movie making, this is it. Everything from the way it was shot to the amazing acting was inch perfect. The first was over-rated to the high heavens but this movie is every bit as good as people say it is.

10/10

The Godfather Part 2 ( 1974 )

If ever there was a perfect example of perfect epic movie making, this is it. Everything from the way it was shot to the amazing acting was inch perfect. The first was over-rated to the high heavens but this movie is every bit as good as people say it is.

10/10

don't watch part 3.don't know if you've already seen it,but take my advice if you liked parts 1&2,don't watch 3.

The Proposal 6/10

I like Ryan Reynolds.

I like Sandra Bullock.

I like the premise.

There was no chemistry between the two of them though. Well, no romantic chemistry. Which is a failing for a rom-com. They are great at fighting though.

And it gains marks for Sandra Bullock getting very nude (as nude as a 12A will probably get).

Something that just struck me this very second, why on Earth was it rated 15? Seems a bit high, didn't you think?
I think it's the language used. Laughable really that a little bit of swearing can do that.

I'm no prude, but Sam Rockwell's gratuitous display of his bare behind must surely be a contributory factor also.

don't watch part 3.don't know if you've already seen it,but take my advice if you liked parts 1&2,don't watch 3.

I seem to be the only person ever who actually thought that part 3 was quite good. Not a classic or anything, but I think that some of the abuse is unwarranted.

I seem to be the only person ever who actually thought that part 3 was quite good. Not a classic or anything, but I think that some of the abuse is unwarranted.

I thought part 3 was excellent.

Didn't live up to the first two entirely, but still a great film nonetheless.

Bruno - 2/10

Definitely not one to watch with the parents. Not particularly funny either. More, watch through the cracks in your fingers.

I was doing exactly that when I watched it last night. I'm going to give it a 5/10 mainly as I don't know what to make of it. There were times when it was genuinely funny but more often than not it was just cocks on the screen. Very poor in comparison to Borat. I think that the character of Bruno works, it's just not enough to sustain a whole film. Don't bother going to see it.

Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist 6/10

Two days into the week and two films watched. This one much more enjoyable than Bruno but not a classic. It's clear the makers have tried to cash in on the success of Juno and that is not just a lazy comparison due to the fact that Michael Cera stars in both films. There are parrallels all over the shop: funky "half animation" opening seqence, young "cool" cast, quirky indie soundtrack. However it is nowhere near as good as Juno. I watched it the whole way through, chuckled a bit, but didn't really care what happened in the end and wasn't that interested in any of the characters. Disappointing.

Analyse This 6/10 - Decent watch. I am watching The Sopranos at the moment so there were a couple of familiar bits except it obviously played out more comedy. I thought Billy Crystal played an excellent part. Not a big fan of De Niro though. The ending was all a bit meh.

What do people make of:

The Rock

The Watcher

Rock Star

All three are on my Sky+ so will be getting watched over the next few days.

Rock Star was on last night.

A bit pish.

As mhak says, Pt 3 is a great film. It's not in the same class as 1 & 2, which I think is why folk instantly dismiss it as rubbish, but it's still a cracking movie.

Coppola's daughter does indeed suck the sweat from a dead man's balls in it though, so that abuse is totally warranted

Bruno 8/10: God damn fucking hilarious. That's that out of the way. If you don't laugh at this film, you have personal failings of some kind.

But...

Far more successful than the homophobe-baiting were both the explicit and tacit demolitions of celebrity culture.

Analyse This 6/10 - Decent watch. I am watching The Sopranos at the moment so there were a couple of familiar bits except it obviously played out more comedy. I thought Billy Crystal played an excellent part. Not a big fan of De Niro though. The ending was all a bit meh.

What do people make of:

The Rock

The Watcher

Rock Star

All three are on my Sky+ so will be getting watched over the next few days.

Great

Pish

Pish

It's not a bad movie. Haven't watched it in a while though. People seem to mistake it for a bad movie because of the preceeding Godfather movies.

I watched Taken last night. Hilariously violent and intense, would have to recommend it. I was pissing myself laughing at angry Liam Neeson.

For what it was, 8/10.

Edited by donald