What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I wanted to go & see that but you have put me off it now, the book was great but films never live up to the books usually. :(

Has anyone seen The Ugly Truth? Mind you I don't care if it's rubbish because Gerard Butler is in it! Yippee! drool drool!!!! :D

Typical girl, falling for Dracula... :rolleyes:

The Escapist - 6/10

Decent enough prison-break style film with a decent enough twist at the end, but a bit too much "filler" in between. Good performances from Steven MacKintosh as a right horrible c*nt, and bonus points for him looking like Alan Statham from Green Wing :D

The Missionary - 7.5/10

Had some great moments. I did feel the storyline could have been better and it could have focussed on his time at the mission in London more as there was comic potential in that. A bit of nudity would have been good aswell. Very pythonesque and very reminicant of Ripping Yarns. The film just was very typical of Michael Palin. I would happily watch this again.

Very good film. A Palin classic.

Inglourious Basterds

Just back from seeing it. A lot of good stuff but also Tarantino showing his inability to trim scenes here and there that would give it a more effective and enjoyable running time. As an earlier poster said, the guy playing the Nazi Jew Hunter is superb. The guy playing Hitler didn't do it for me. I think the slow pacing will make it a nightmare to watch in a multiplex which I wasn't in tonight thankfully.

8/10 for the goood bits and 6/10 for the less effective moments so I suppose that makes it

7/10

Agree with most of that except I got annoyed at the stupidity at the end where Hitler was so badly guarded that the 2 guys trying to kill him were allowed to roam about the cinema with apparently nobody to protect Der Fuhrer except 2 guys on the door.

Liked the cinematography, didn't like the plot. Brad Pitt's impression of Brando while he was wearing the DJ was quite funny but his accent was annoying. Also the premise that all the Germans were nazis and deserved scalping/branding was a bit OTT. I would think (hope?) that most of them were just ordinary soldiers who had nothing to do with the final solution.

Taken ( 2008 )

Probably one of the ultimate "do not f**k with this man" movie characters in this one. Bryan Mills ( played amazingly by Liam Neeson ) is just ruthless. Kinda upset that the only bad guy with a good shot wore eyeliner. This is a really good action movie although for me it was really a one man show. It was some show though.

7/10

Futurama: Bender's Game (2008) (V)

The third film from Futurama, and definitely the best so far. Laughed quite a lot, which doesn't normally happen with Futurama.

A good effort.

8/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Seen "Inglorious Basterds" on Sunday. Absolutely excellent. Tarantino's best work since the untouchable Pulp Fiction. It was perhaps a little slow in the first hour but I think that was needed to introduce the characters effectively. The bloke who played Hans Landa, Christophe Waltz, was outstanding. I love Brad Pitt in most films and he played the role well; look out for his excellent Italian accent! :lol:

The bloke who made the Hostel films is in it and bears an uncanny resemblence to Zachary Quinto.

Diane Kruger would get pumped.

Highly recommended.

There's a sense of liberty when saying "basterds" at the ticket seller. I wish more films had swear words in their title....

Edited by Armand 2

The Hurt Locker - 9/10

Riveting, suspenseful portrait of the courage of the military’s most unrecognized heroes: the technicians of the bomb squad, who volunteer to challenge the odds and save lives in one of the world’s most dangerous places.

Well-acted, intensely shot, action filled war epic, this in my opinion is by far the best of the recent dramatizations of the Iraq War.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind ( 1977 )

This must have been spectacular in it's day. Infact, the mothership is even spectacular now. However, when that thing came in, it just reeked of Spielberg saying "oooo, look at my lovely spaceship" as it took about 5 minutes to land, basically doing twists and turns like it was on a catwalk. The main highlight was Richard Dreyfuss' descent into madness. Very well played out. It had it's moments, but it was pretty dull too. I'd slightly recommend it.

7/10