What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Sureillance 5/10

A very strange film which I came away from not sure what to make of it. I can honestly say I didn't see the twist coming until very late. It was unusual seeing Bill Pullman playing the part he did. Just didn't get used to it at all.

[

I take it you mean Surveillance. I quite enjoyed that one although I'm not a great watcher of films tbh. Also didn't get the twist until quite late on and it was indeed strange.

I'd give it 7/10

Were you flying to the moon?

My recent movie fest has continued in the last week:

The Bucket List 6/10

So-so comedy with a couple of laughs. Seemed to be a bit rushed. But Morgan Freeman was narrating so that is something.

Gone Baby Gone - 9/10

Ben Affleck's first major film as director, and it's a belter. A little girl goes missing after her junkie mother leaves her alone in the house, and as well as the police being on the case, the little girl's aunt hires private investigators Casey Affleck and Michelle Monaghan to help find her.

Casey Affleck carries the film, but the supporting cast are great too. Monaghan, Ed Harris and Morgan Freeman all give realistic portrayals of their characters. It's not an easy going film either, it touches on child abuse and there is one image in particular that is just horrifying, but it works.

Can't praise this highly enough.

I take it you mean Surveillance. I quite enjoyed that one although I'm not a great watcher of films tbh. Also didn't get the twist until quite late on and it was indeed strange.

I'd give it 7/10

I watched this last night, and I have to say, even though I usually miss these sort of twists, I thought it was glaringly obvious in this particular film. If you listened to the opening dialogue from the two of them, it's even more apparent.

That said, I thought it was a fantastic, low budget film, and Pulman in particular was first class. And it's not often you can say that. It's also not that often you watch a film where nearly every single character is despicable in their own way.

Good stuff. 8/10.

The Dark Knight

Following on from Batman Begins, Christian Bale continues his role as Batman. The thing that stand out in this film is the stunning performance of Heath Ledger as The Joker. One of the finest acting performances I have ever seen. In saying that, I actually prefer Batman Begins as a film. Seemed more focused and 'to the point'.

Still a fine film though.

7/10

I said that the first time as well, give it a second watch - your opinion may well change.

The Machinist - 7/10

Christian Bale looks absolutely fucking horrific in this, and it definitely adds to his performance. It is a good film, but drags in places.

Pride and Glory - 8/10

Quite similiar to We Own the Night, though i preferred this. Basically about police corruption and one family in particular. Like is say, it's been done before but it's very well done here, and the cast is terrific.

I love Edward Norton in everything he's in, but i think Colin Farrel steals the show.

Silence of the lambs - 10/10

Lucky Number Slevin - 9/10

GI Joe - 8/10

Four Christmases - 7/10

Role Models - 9/10

I Love you man - 6/10

My best friends girl - 7/10

Made of Honour - 7/10

Mr Brooks 9/10

Hurt Locker - 8/10

Public Enemies - 5/10 very disappointed by this film expected a lot more.

American Pie - 9/10

American Pie 2 - 9/10

Good luck chuck - 7/10

The wire Season 1 - 10/10

The Wire Season 2 - 9/10

The Wire Season 3 - 10/10

American History x - 10/10

Three Kings - 8/10

Hot Rod - 5/10

The Hangover - 10/10 brilliant stuff

Edited by Super Ally

I dont like the way this forum has descended into mere ratings of films without an explanation as to why.

Anyway;

The Damned United

I really didnt know how this film was going to turn out as i had heard mixed reviews but if im honest it was pretty much what i expected. Im not stupid enough to believe that this film is non-fiction. Its fiction based upon facts which you sometimes need to remind yourself throughout. The ending made it all worth while as it highlighted what a great manager Clough was.

7/10

Silence of the lambs - 10/10

Lucky Number Slevin - 9/10

GI Joe - 8/10

The first two seem overly high, but I can see where you are coming from - but I stopped reading when I saw you give that mess GI Joe 8/10, it was horrific!

Whoever keeps giving Joseph Gordon-Levitt work is next on my list after Paul WS Anderson to be removed from this Earth. :angry:

EDIT: Having mentioned PWSA, I just noticed he's making a sequel to Death Race with the sub-title Frankenstein lives...

Frankenstein was voiced by David Carradine... :lol:

Edited by SaltyTON

Restless Natives 6/10

Decent wee scottish film that I hadn't seen for over 20 years so bought the dvd, StewartyMac will be delighted to hear that I thought the soundtrack was not bad as well.

Requiem For A Dream

10/10 - Totally enthralling and equally disturbing.

Brilliantly made film, and should be shown to any kids thinking of trying drugs.

Edited by DAFC

:o Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a great actor!

Have you seen Brick or Mysterious Skin?

Nah, to be honest, apart from his bit parts as a kid (Beethoven and Halloween H20), his TV work (Roseanne and Third Rock from the Sun) and the horrific GI Joe, I've not seen anything,,, he just seems to be in everything right now, and in every trailer appears to be playing the annoying overaged teenager role!

Whoever keeps giving Joseph Gordon-Levitt work is next on my list after Paul WS Anderson to be removed from this Earth. mad.gif

He's become a bit of an internet Darling,I've seen message boards pushing him for The Joker and Spiderman....and you know how seriously the comic book fanboys take their casting!

Anyways, Slumdog Millionaire got a repeat viewing last night, and held up very well imo. When i saw it in the flicks i was very "meh" - its good, but not jaw-droppingly brilliant.

Second time round I appreciated it more. i think films with a narrative like that alwats deserve a second viewing.

And while it may be stating the bleeding obvious- how good is Danny Boyle? from Trainspotting to Slumdog via fresh attempts at "genre movies" in 28 days and Sunshine...is there a british director, or any director, with more diverse resume?

anyways 8.5/10

Sky plussed Tombstone over the xmas period and watched it at the weekend..excellent film

Am ya huckleberrybiggrin.gif

Kevin Costner's Wyatt Earp released almost at the same time is a far better picture, but it was just becoming fashionable to dislike him and it never got the recognition it deserved.

Anyway, went to see Sherlock Holmes last night. It's great fun, whilst not having the greatest plot in the world, but Downey Jr and Jude Law are great as Holmes and Watson. 7/10

I am Legend 6/10

Pretty ropey CGI work and a shite script but a good performance from Will Smith who is not exactly my favourite actor. Can't see the attraction in him but he's big box office even though he's done some shite films.

Just a remake of the Omega man but it passed an hour and a half this morning while i'm at home suffering with the cold. Not the worst film you'll ever see.