What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

They're trying to hype up Filth as some kind of most shocking film ever thing, is it? I've got me doubts, i've read the book, thought it was pretty weak, and Glue even worse. Seen the posters for it and not really fancying it.

Edited by Christophe

Filth (the novel) 's weakness was that it tried to be too taboo, and the decent ideas got lost in a wave of shocking acts which you got a bit desensitized too as the story went on. I think a bit of sanitisation would benefit the film (if that is the case; not seen it yet).

Caught a couple of good films recommended by posters on here. Warrior & Starter for 10; both thoroughly enjoyable. Dom Dom et al might provide a decent source of information. There are a lot of idiots on thus site but this thread is worth reading. Slainte

Thought the film was crap, mcavoy was good however the story even to someone who hadn't read the book was predictable and the lack of any real insight into the police was really off putting for me in terms of so much of it was completely inaccurate (by that I don't mean the 'taboo' stuff) no way would any of promotions have actually happened etc so it makes it hard to relate to the character?

^^^Filth

Blue Jasmine was surprisingly very, very good. Kate Blanchett was great. The ending was a little weak but I'd recommend going to see it. 8/10.

Went to see Filth again afterwards. It's just so good.

I seen Precious was on BBC 2 tonight, what is everyones thoughts on it?

I thought it was excellent when I watched it last year. Gabourey Sidibe's performance was incredible. I've recorded it but to be honest, I'm not really sure if I want to watch it again.

Before Midnight - A film I can appreciate despite actively not enjoying a lot of it. The whole thing seemed designed to make viewing it uncomfortable - the really long takes, the sound of Ethan Hawke eating an apple on tape, the impending sense of dread etc.It just seemed painfully realistic in portraying marriage/family.

Rather enjoying a mid-20s couple meandering around Vienna but feeling strong anxiety at the portrayal of the middle aged version is probably a blotch test for fear of commitment and probable psychopathy but that's how it went down for me.

I thought this was accurate. The sacrifice that they made to be together caused the separation between Jesee and his son and Celine spotted this early on. I think the love of romantic love is destructive because it always loses its appeal. However the climactic scene didn't really offer a resolution as to set the scene for more rows and more division. I much preferred Before Sunrise but Before Midnight was definitely a realistic portrayal of a relationship that hasn't been nurtured and lacks true love in the shape of painful compromise

The place beyond the Pines 7.5/10

I really enjoyed this, with the structure of cutting the plot into three seperate chronological parts. The last part was a little bit disappointing, but I felt that was more because the first two thirds of it were so excellent that it was hard to match the standard. I still liked the whole cyclical feel I got from it's ending.