What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I thought it was at best average. Can't fault DiCaprio's acting in it though.

I respect your opinion. I just thought that DiCaprio and Mcguires chemistry made a great film. They worked really well together.

Did you watch it in 3D at an IMAX?

Missed it in the cinema had to wait to see it on Blue-Ray. Could tell even through this format though that it would have looked awesome in 3D.

Which of the Oscar wins do you disapprove of?

Didn't say I disproved of any of the Oscar wins. It is a decent film I was just expecting better though.

I watched The Way Way Back last night and absolutely loved it.

I can't recommend it highly enough. Steve Carrell plays an absolute blinding part as a dick of a step-dad. The lad that is the main character is also outstanding and a general feel-good film all-round.

For some reason it made me think of Good Will Hunting. Another classic.

The Way, Way Back - 9/10

There have been a fair few 'coming of age' movies recently, many of which have been brilliant, but I think that in 20 years' time this will still be a film that people will reference because it is outstanding.

Bad Grandpa - 6/10

If you like Jackass, then this is below-par Jackass, which is partially saved by Knoxville and the child-actor. The punch-line to the film is basically nicked from another film...

Little Miss Sunshine

Zero Dark Thirty

I had been putting off watching this for a while as I assumed that it would be a yee-ha 'America f%*k! yeah' type film. It was good though, and it kept me hooked. After watching Homeland it did seem all very familiar, and even some of the characters were of a similar mould (crazy ladies basically)

You can tell it is a female director, it is a film that makes sure you know about the strength of the female characters, to the point of making it too obvious, there is even some dialogue between two agents along the lines of "hey CIA lady, your work inspired me to join the CIA too, Beyonce, girl power, Spice Girls etc, etc"

7/10

Cinderella Man - 9/10. I thought this was brilliantly acted (even if Renee Zellweger was in it) and almost had me in tears on three seperate occasions. Plus you cant beat a bit of Paul Giamatti.

The Hangover 3 - 5/10. Just not funny throughout, I had high hopes as Chang was playing a bigger part in this one but didnt produce. Funniest scene was the mid credits scene which was absolutley brilliant.

Django Unchained - really enjoyed it but I wish he hadn't used James Remar in two roles as I kept wanting to google it to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. Christoph Waltz was brilliant again as were most of the cast and it had a suitably Tarantino-esque finale...cameo and all. 8/10

Edited by Tommy Nooka

The Heat,

GF suggestion and i was wary becuse reviews slated it but to be honest I found it reasonably funny.

Melissa Mccarthy is basically playing the same character in every film now but seems to work. Sandra Bullock manages to play both serious and Comedy quite well which is difficult for a lot of actors.

Biff from Back to the Future as the captain was a highlight.

Bit of fun for an hour and a half.

6/10

300: Rise of an Empire

The acting is substandard, and all of the characters are uninteresting and unrelatable. It lacks the artistry and comic-book feel that made the first one a decent film. It also panders too much to the 3D; when you're watching in 2D, there's only so many slow-motion blood splatters you can stand. It's an entertaining enough film though and it doesn't drag on. Plus the main antagonist(Eva Green) gets the kit during a decent sex scene, displaying a lovely pair of jubblies.

6.5/10

There was also a trailer for a film called "Starred Up" which caught my interest. Seems to be about a violent young offender(Cook from Skins) being moved from juvie to adult prison. It looks really good. It's got an 8.1 on IMDB and a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes. Promising.

300: Rise of an Empire

It lacks the artistry and comic-book feel that made the first one a decent film. It also panders too much to the 3D; when you're watching in 2D, there's only so many slow-motion blood splatters you can stand.

It was shot exactly the same as the first one, which had those slow motion scenes as well.

The Muppets.

I'm a fan of Treasure Island and Christmas Carol so was expecting alot from this. Was quite amusing once you got past the initial constant song and dance in the first ten minutes. Nothing amazing. 6/10