What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Just seen the last of The Hobbit films at the pictures. As much of a disappointment as the previous 2.

This is probably the nerdiest thing I've ever said, but The Hobbit films have been more of a let down in comparison to their original trilogy than the Star Wars prequels were.

Just seen the last of The Hobbit films at the pictures. As much of a disappointment as the previous 2.

This is probably the nerdiest thing I've ever said, but The Hobbit films have been more of a let down in comparison to their original trilogy than the Star Wars prequels were.

Glad you're making the most of your time abroad.

The only good thing about The Hobbit movies was the dragon.

LOTR >>>>> The Hobbit.

The Interview

Some decent moments. Usually enjoy Seth Rogen movies for a laugh but didn't find this that funny. I think the controversy surrounding the movie will be kind to it in terms of people wanting to go and see it. 5/10.

Gone Girl

Enjoyed it mostly. Agree with the above post earlier about the meeting between the two main characters being annoying. Struggled to like anyone at first but it grew on me. Nice twists and kept you interested but the ending left me quite dissatisfied. Don't want to be too picky so I think I'll just edge it up to 8/10.

Perhaps not Deep Blue Sea then! That twitching detached arm! Eek!

Weirdly, he's not that interested in Deep Blue Sea. Probably the most entertaining shark movie I've seen after Jaws. He liked the parrot (probably because we have one), but was strangely disinterested in the rest. The kid likes his shark movies cheap and cheesy, apparently :P

As a fan of dreadful films, I'd like to see Bruno Mattei's Cruel Jaws - an (apparently) awful movie that he had the cheek to take to Universal after completion as a potential Jaws 5! I've seen a few of the man's films now, and I can't imagine how amused the Universal execs must have been at the ineptitude on display. Can't find it to rent anywhere, sadly, and I'm loathe to spend money on buying it :(

Sharknado > Jaws IMO.

No you don't :P

The wean quite liked it, though, but hasn't shown interest in seeing it again. Might see how he fancies Sharknado 2 this evening. I thought Tara Reid was oddly underused in the first though, like they only signed her on at the last minute and shoved her character in as a tag-along. She was very believable as an archaeologist in Alone in the Dark.

*struggles to keep a straight face*

Absolutely - goes for any foreign language films really. Hate dubs.

Remember how they used to be all the rage? Thankfully, more enlightened times, etc.

Don't know if it's changed, but they were still popular in the States back at the beginning of the century. You could always spot a trailer for a subtitled movie by the fact there was no dialogue spoken throughout; a trait that seems to have spread over here, sadly.

Once saw half the audience get up and walk out of a screening of Brotherhood of the Wolf when the subtitles kicked in. All the more tragic, considering what a cracking action movie that turned out to be.

I watched Blair with project a few times and realised how un scary and daft it was

Think i will get rid of netflix and get spotify for easy access to tunes instead

Switch to American Netflix. Just did it myself and, hoo-baby! The catalogue of movies is about four or five times bigger, and not stuffed full of Sci-Fi Channel shite like it is here.

Tusk

:|

Absolutely fucked up. I wish I could unsee it. Not in that it was bad, but the walrus suit is just insanely disgusting. Johnny Depp is superb.

Is it out here? Love me some Kevin Smith.

Anyone seen Miss Violence? It's a Greek movie which appears to have gained a bit of attention. It's also turned up on Netflix.

No, but I will be now :thumsup2

Doesn't seem to be Netflix US, so I presume it's on the UK one.

A Long Way Down. 6/10

Some funny moments but Pierce Brosnan's accent just annoyed the fcuk out of me the whole way through. That and kind of hoping Aaron Paul would finish at least one sentence with the word "bitch", which he never did.