What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Anyone else think android packed it all in after The Hoax?

:lol:

For some reason, I watched the remake of In Cold Blood instead, which was sort of a mistake, as I soon realised it was a two-part TV movie, which lasted for three hours. :lol:

It was quite good, though, with Sam Neil, Eric Roberts, and one of the guys from ER playing the leads.

I'll watch the original version from 1967 later in the week.

Tonight, though, I will mostly be watching The Hoax.

The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert - Enjoyable and amusing. Great film to switch off to. Can't hack most of the music but I guess it'd be a bit weird seeing them dancing about and lip synching to something less camp and more alternative.

In Cold Blood original version from 1967 - decent, but a wee bit dated - 5/10

In Cold Blood remake - basically a copy of the original, but twice as long, and probably a bit better - 6/10

The Hoax - good film - incredible to think that it could actually happen, but, apparently, it did - 7/10

Wolf Hall is on the telly the night, so I'll be mostly watching that.

On any Sunday: 1970 motorbike documentary that includes Steve McQueen on a motorbike without a German or prison camp in sight. You would have to be into bikes to appreciate it 7.5/10

Maze Runner: Not a bad effort 6.5/10

Searching for Sugarman; Oscar winning documentary on the search for the singer Rodriguez. Second time around watching this. Didn't disappoint on second viewing. 9/10

The Hobbit part 3: The battle of the seven nation army or whatever

In which Bilbo Baggins (a young Jack White) does some stuff while Billy Connolly does some stuff in such a way as it doesn't look like him but you know it's him because he mildly swears. Then the guy from Waiting From Godot who wasn't Jean-Luc Piccard does some other stuff and some people are sad because The wee fella has to go home. Oh and then Billy Boyd sings a bit like King Creosote.

I thought the LotR films were fantastic. The Hobbit films were just dull. Even the weepy bits were tedious. At least this one looks great. 3/10

Edited by Savage Henry

I thought it was a solid 6/10 effort myself.

Watched one called Drones which revolves around two people not sure whether to land a bomb on a guy who they have been ordered to take out because of surrounding civilians. Thought they used the concept quite well and some nice wee plot twists that send things in slightly different directions without being ridiculous. I'd say 7/10 for it.

Hobbit 2: Desolation of Smaug (6/10)

A shite load better than the first film, but still badly lacking in-between the action scenes. Most of the characters remain unlikeable or unmemorable, though loved the small Fry part. The main plus about the elf chick invented by the writers to introduce a (ludicrous) love interest (her and dwarfy guy) and therefore additional plotline (chasing him) is the considerable eye candy. Smaug scenes were excellent. Was in proper stitches at the river barrel chase where the one barrel was knocking the baddies of the side.

Edited by banana

The Hobbit films seemed to try and copy the same storyline as the LOTR ones to an effect, and in that comparison it was always going to come across as poorer. I think the whole love interest side story was a vain attempt at making it different as LOTR doesn't really have one of those which challenges the main story. The LOTR books are much more film worthy than The Hobbit films anyway, and thats why they were made first, these films shouldn't really have been made at any point and especially not after the LOTR ones had been made, as its just got enough substance on screen. I really, really, fear they'll try and make some effort on The Silmarillion at some point, which would be utterly dreadful.

I really, really, fear they'll try and make some effort on The Silmarillion at some point, which would be utterly dreadful.

Further screen adaptations of Tolkien's work has already been vetoed by the Tolkien family afaik.

Watched something called Calvary with Brendan Gleeson and a bunch of Irish comics. It's about a priest who receives a death threat then spends a week dealing with a variety of troubled souls. It's an attempt at tragi-comic, but it misses both marks. Chris O'Dowd is chronically miscast. 4/10