What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Reservoir Dogs 1/10 I had never seen this, lasted about 40 minutes after finding it whilst channel hopping (caught it right at the start). Utter garbage! Really do not understand the hype.

American Pie 2

Nostalgia trip here, was a favourite in my teenage years, not watched in like 5, 6 years.

The dildo scene & the glued scene still gets me :lol:

Solid 7.5/10

Philomena

Quite enjoyed this story of a mother trying to find her son 50 years after he was taken away from her in a forced adoption. It's a true story so is like to know how much of this film actually happened and how much of it has been fabricated. Really enjoyed Steve Coogan's portrayal of Martin Sixsmith.

8/10

The Darjeeling Limited

Three brothers go across India by train on a bonding/soul searching mission. Directed by Wes Anderson so visually brilliant and got his usual vibe about it. Really entertaining

8/10

In Your Eyes

A man and a woman from different parts of America can see what the other is seeing and communicate telepathically. Story is a bit hokey but the two main characters are really well acted which makes it a nice wee watch.

7/10

American Pie 2

Nostalgia trip here, was a favourite in my teenage years, not watched in like 5, 6 years.

The dildo scene & the glued scene still gets me :lol:

Solid 7.5/10

Don't forget your penis cream.

Goodfellas

The acting from Liotta, Pesci and De Niro (who surprisingly doesn't appear as often as you'd think) is superb. Pesci is terrifying as the crazy nut job who'll whack anyone who makes him look silly. That "Funny how" scene really had me on goind... For some strange reason the movie didn't do much for me, I thought the ending was a big let-down for the whole thing. Wise-guys.

7.5/10

Unforgiven

The duck of death :lol: Excellent piece. A good look at morality. 9/10

Goodfellas

The acting from Liotta, Pesci and De Niro (who surprisingly doesn't appear as often as you'd think) is superb. Pesci is terrifying as the crazy nut job who'll whack anyone who makes him look silly. That "Funny how" scene really had me on goind... For some strange reason the movie didn't do much for me, I thought the ending was a big let-down for the whole thing. Wise-guys.

7.5/10

It's a true story so they couldn't really end it any other way

Coming to America

Eddie Murphy was at his peak when this was made, good enough film the characters Murphy and Arsenio Hall play outside of the main ones are good, (the barbershop guys). James Earl Jones is always worth a watch and am I right in thinking it was Cuba Gooding Jnr sittiing in the barber chair . Early showing for Samuel L.Jackson too.

6.5/10

Coming to America

Eddie Murphy was at his peak when this was made, good enough film the characters Murphy and Arsenio Hall play outside of the main ones are good, (the barbershop guys). James Earl Jones is always worth a watch and am I right in thinking it was Cuba Gooding Jnr sittiing in the barber chair . Early showing for Samuel L.Jackson too.

6.5/10

Good spot of Cuba Gooding Jnr, according to IMDB it was his first movie role as "boy getting haircut"

The Imitation Game.

Does not hold up well at all upon repeat viewing imo. BC is obviously brilliant but he's a bit hemmed in by the script and the "eureka" moments feel terribly contrived to me, as does a lot of the story points that I'm pretty sure are invented.

The young Turing is brilliant as well but the whole chronology seems confused and the splits a touch unnecessary.

And is it just me or does a film partly concerning the vile mistreatment of a homosexual man not down play the sexuality of Turing slightly?

There are good things about the film just not as many as I originally thought.

6/10

No, I meant the film downplayed it, but like I said might just have been me reading too much into certain things. Maybe his sexuality wasn't that important to him but I felt the film didn't even touch upon apart from the rather ham fisted scenes with the Scottish spy and the 50's section of the story, which was heavily changed from the reality of the situation I think.

I don't think his sexuality was more important than what the main focus went on. And thus it got limited time on screen.

Plus, movies being different from the reality? The day we see a big movie where this isn't the case, we'll be in unchartered territory. It has never happened.

Greenery Will Bloom Again (Torneranno i Prati)

Quite good if a little slow moving. Basically a bunch of filthy, scared soldiers in a freezing trench on the Italian front in WW1 try to survive as shells explode all around them. No much else in the way of plot, no combat other than the shelling and you never see an enemy soldier. I suppose that reflects the reality of trench warfare, tedium followed by terror. It was genuinely unsettling in places and the shelling actually seemed a lot more frightening than it usually does in war films. Well worth checking out if you're interested in military history.

I watched a film called Rudderless the other night.

A man loses his son and after the funeral he finds a box with his sons musical recordings in it and he goes on to form a band using the material.

I thought it was brilliant. Good soundtrack too.

9.5/10.

Edit - it's available on Netflix if anyone is interested.

Edited by Nick_BCFC

Exodus, Gods and Kings.

I am a big Ridley Scott fan and it was good fun, but God does kill a lot of people and animals in it, which isn't good because I am a human and a vegetarian.

Thank goodness it is just a made up story.

Joel Edgerton was fantastic as Ramses, acted Christian Bale off the screen.

And María Valverde is stunning.

maria-valverde-exodus--644x362.jpg