What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

While We're Young 7/10

About a couple of 40 somethings who can't grow up and start hanging out with people 20 years younger than them. Thought the first half was really well done and pretty funny. Second half it went a bit standard film looking for an ending but still overall fairly enjoyable.

Edited by Christophe

The Devils Double

Story of a guy who reluctantly becomes a double for Uday,the son of Saddam Hussein. Really well acted by Domnic Cooper who plays both lead roles, portraying the utterly phsycotic Uday brilliantly ,strangley enough Saddam comes out of it looking rather well really, 8/10

The Midnight Meat Train (2008) starring Bradley Cooper and Vinnie Jones.

On premise, it looks like another in a long line of jobber Vinnie Jones films with him playing the hard man but I was pleasantly surprised by it. Decent story, decent acting, decent cinematography and ambiance about it. Leslie Bibb is a tad wooden playing Cooper's girlfriend, but overall not bad. The last 20 minutes or so are a but weird, but well done.

6.5 out of 10.

The Poughkeepsie Tapes 6.5/10.

A first-person found-footage serial killer flick, great in terms of atmosphere, more variable in other aspects. Uses amusing FBI-talking heads interludes to vary the tone. Worth a watch if that sounds yr bag.

The Poughkeepsie Tapes 6.5/10.

A first-person found-footage serial killer flick, great in terms of atmosphere, more variable in other aspects. Uses amusing FBI-talking heads interludes to vary the tone. Worth a watch if that sounds yr bag.

Has this finally had a release, or did you track it down through...erm...unofficial sources? Must be getting on for ten years old now, and it'd be nice to see a decent quality copy at some point.

Reminds me that I still haven't seen As Above, So Below by the same director - his remake of REC was competent but pointless, and I quite liked Devil despite the inherent silliness.

Guardians of the Galaxy - 5/10. Yet another Marvel film that gets lauded but fell short for me. The direction, set pieces and acting left a lot to be desired for me. Quill & Drax were decent but apart from that I wasnt that impressed. This joins The Avengers, Thor 1 & 2 & Captain America 1 on the poor list.

Edited by 11thHour

Interstellar.

Loses a touch of it's visual lustre and magnificence on the small screen but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yes there are plot holes and probably too much time spent on exposition and pseudo science by Nolan's ambition and technical skills plus MMcC's performance drags everything else along. Terrific supporting turn from Damon as well.

You're probably not meant to but even upon second viewing I didn't quite 'get' the ending.

8/10

Interstellar.

Loses a touch of it's visual lustre and magnificence on the small screen but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yes there are plot holes and probably too much time spent on exposition and pseudo science by Nolan's ambition and technical skills plus MMcC's performance drags everything else along. Terrific supporting turn from Damon as well.

You're probably not meant to but even upon second viewing I didn't quite 'get' the ending.

8/10

Started watching that last night. Didn't realise it was 3 hours long. Stopped half way through and will resume now. Always good to see Casey Affleck - one of my favourites.

So far I agree with your 8/10. Tremendous stuff.

Fast & Furious 7. 8/10

I fucking loved it, I think it's definitely the best one of the series. There's just so much to get excited about in this one. You've still got the fast elements with all the cars, but one thing is for sure, the film is a lot more furious than the others. When you've got Jason Statham in there you know shit's about to go down. I don't think the people in this film are necessarily great actors but they just fit so well into this type of film.

On the way out of the cinema, all people were talking about was at which point in the film was it no longer Paul Walker? :lol:

R.I.P.

Interstellar.

8/10

I watched this a dew weeks ago and thought it was utter garbage.

The theory of everything

Better than I thought it was going to be. I thought Gylenhaal had deserved the Oscar and he wasn't even nominated, but having now seen this I have no problem with Redmayne winning it. It is an incredible performance all things considered.

Big Hero 6

Was good. Brought some original ideas to what is such a formulaic genre. Still felt a bit like a million other kids films but it was enjoyable and got a few really big laughs.

Watching it with the commentary of a four year old nephew on his third viewing adds extra hilarity.