What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

What does he consider his best?

As a Danny Boyle scholar I know he's said many times that your first film is your best film. For that reason, I would guess he'd have said Shallow Grave.

Pitch Perfect 2

So to carry through on my Pitch Perfect day, I took a rare trip to the local cinema and gave this a bash. Has a nastier feel at times, but all in all it's a good sequel to a fun movie. Still plenty of catchy tunes to keep you tapping your feet along, and they stay true to the characters, apart from the commentators who seem to have been turned up a few notches, but that only makes John even funnier, while Gail loses a bit of her weird charm from the first one. I'd recommend it to folk who liked the first.

7/10

Pitch Perfect 2

So to carry through on my Pitch Perfect day, I took a rare trip to the local cinema and gave this a bash. Has a nastier feel at times, but all in all it's a good sequel to a fun movie. Still plenty of catchy tunes to keep you tapping your feet along, and they stay true to the characters, apart from the commentators who seem to have been turned up a few notches, but that only makes John even funnier, while Gail loses a bit of her weird charm from the first one. I'd recommend it to folk who liked the first.

7/10

Seen it last week and enjoyed it but remarked to my other half

Was a bit like Cars 2 going all international, adding in new characters etc but losing some of the charm of the first one.

Barry Norman I aint

Interstellar- great reviews but I got bored and ended up turning it aff

I found it incredibly boring too. It was buttered up for "ambition" and "originality" but I thought it was a failure in just about every way other than expensive effects. Many moments are practically shot-for-shot remakes of scenes from the sci-fi successes, Contact, Sunshine and 2001.

Maybe I need to see Slumdog Millionaire again. I remember it being entertaining enough, but seemed like an expensive TV movie; maybe a Tales of the Unexpected special, only without the rampant misogyny.

Know exactly what Dom means about Sunshine, and Shallow Grave is about as good as any of his films TBH. Anyone seen his actual TV movies?

Jaws

My son is doing a GCSE in Moving Image and part of it is bringing people together with film so as a project he's got everyone in the family to name their favourite movie and then we all watch it together and he notes the feedback for his coursework, my turn first so it was this classic, still as good as the first time I saw it ( thought the rubber shark was awful then too :P ), so many good performances and characters, the iconic Quint character so brilliantly played by Robert Shaw must be one of the best in film ever. Thankfully the kids(15 and 11) liked it well enough ,loved the music. 10/10

Next on the list is the missus choice ..Breakfast at Tiffanys, not sure what a 15 year old boy will make of it but we'll see.

The other guys.

I bought this DVD 3 years ago and forgot to watch it. Got around to it today. Not as good as everyone said it was. 5/10 as still had some funny moments.

The other guys.

I bought this DVD 3 years ago and forgot to watch it. Got around to it today. Not as good as everyone said it was. 5/10 as still had some funny moments.

I take it the 5 was for Eva mendes and Eva mendes only? I thought it was an awful film.

I take it the 5 was for Eva mendes and Eva mendes only? I thought it was an awful film.

That and the rape whistle being blown after the guy commits suicide. I found that funny somehow.

I think the actors and director didn't know how they wanted to treat the movie, tried to make it a serious action movie when it might've worked better as a comedy I think.

That and the rape whistle being blown after the guy commits suicide. I found that funny somehow.

I think the actors and director didn't know how they wanted to treat the movie, tried to make it a serious action movie when it might've worked better as a comedy I think.

It's all down hill after the jump of the building IMO.